/vsay hi (VanClyde's short intro)

VanClyde

• Platinum VIP

Hey dude! Welcome back to ET and on the forum!! I was part of =qc= clan for a few years mid 2000s, it might ring a bell to you!

Make sure to drop by on silent server sometimes, cool crowd there :)

see y’a!!

13 hours ago, Dju said:

Hey dude! Welcome back to ET and on the forum!! I was part of =qc= clan for a few years mid 2000s, it might ring a bell to you!

Make sure to drop by on silent server sometimes, cool crowd there :)

see y’a!!

I sure do remember! Back then i was in the Riven {R} clan, was mostly busy doing pratice and tournaments at impossible hours of the morning (my clan / league was european) so with the time difference it meant i was an "early morning" kinda ET player 😅
(On s'fera une game soon 😉)

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, i've been enjoying playing a lot within the last 3 weeks, mostly on F|RECRUITING and had a blast even though i'm a bit...well mostly rusty.

However I have some bad news. Gonna have to hang on this is gonna be a long, technical post in which i'll also go into what i do!!

I've been auto-banned yesterday by the server for hacking while spectating.
This should upset anyone like me, who's been playing every game clean, has had the same steam\epic\anything accounts without a single game ban.
But unlike most of anyone to who that'd happen, i know why this did(skip to the end for the TLDR);

As i mentionned before, i've had some gpu problems. My main desktop on which i play ET is pretty old, i don't really game much anymore as i'm spending a lot of time and money into music engineering for local bands and event venues.
Said computer has a first gen i3 with a nvidia 650ti boost on 8gb ddr3.. probably a 10 y/o setup and frankly lacking setup (even in ET!!)
Yesterday i was working at my work desk, had hours to kill and decided to try to get ET working on my work laptop with much better hardware.
Work laptop is a pretty heavily tweaked Macbook m1 pro. (we'll get into technicalities of the problems this brings)
ETLegacy has a macOs package for ET! Great!
After transferting everything (etkey-config-pak0-pak1-pak2.pk3 etc) from the saved image of my desktop on the macbook, i quickly had to overcome the many cgame_mac console errors before finally booting up the game.

At that point i quickly realised that the arm64 bit build clients are NOT compatible with x86 servers... which this one of many that are.
After a few unsuccesful attemps at connecting anyway, i've decided to resort to plan B
Plan B was booting up Parallels, a VM that has a bootable windows image of my desktop.
Another hour went in trying to get ET to start in the VM.
apple's m1 has no problem running 64 bit applications through Rosetta 2, a layer compability tool.
It however, "can't" run x86 programs in a vacuum, it needs help.
ETLegacy has a 64bit installer, but still relies on some 32bit files to get started
I long had the ET SDK stored away, and it came in handy to figure some things when it came to getting qagame_mp_x86 compatible with my VM situation.
Many tweaks of trial and errors later, i succesfully booted into the server, had many rendering glitches but still managed to get a game in and some time in spectator talking with Element' in pm on the server.

Dinner time came, i left the laptop with ET running in spectator mode to test stability and went, spent an hour at a restaurant with friends.
Headed back home, hopped on my desktop and booted ET, connected to the server and..
Awaiting gamestate 5...6...
After a while i manually /disconnect 'ed and went on et.splatterladder.eu to see if my work laptop was still logged in. It wasn't for the last 20 minutes.
At this point i thought my work laptop went into sleep or i got kicked when the server went full.
Attempted to connect back, and this time i was granted with a "Banned for hacking" month long auto-ban.
If i had to take a guess, the anti-cheat got triggered by the "more than lacking" rendering on the laptop, and decided it was enough after a few games of spectating possibly going wrong? 😂
I was about to go for plan C tomorow which is getting it to run on my Asahi linux partition of the Macbook. We recently got enough gpu driver compatibility to run the OpenGL stuff! (Thanks Lina!)
I now know that if i have to do some more testing i'll do it elsewhere where i don't mind the ban.

My GUID is  if admins or anyone qualified wants to take a look. It may show as being played on 2 (or 3) different IP's

TLDR; My tweaked version of ET made to run in a VM windows machine on an "incompatible" tweaked arm64 m1 processor got me banned

I have had plenty of time with plenty of people on here who can vouch for my fair (but far from exceptionnal) gameplay and negative k/d.
I'm hoping to get this resolved ASAP, i love playing with you guys and i don't want my reputation stained over a compatibility glitch.

Don't worry i'm not going anywhere!

Edited by Leatherface
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, VanClyde said:

I sure do remember! Back then i was in the Riven {R} clan, was mostly busy doing pratice and tournaments at impossible hours of the morning (my clan / league was european) so with the time difference it meant i was an "early morning" kinda ET player 😅
(On s'fera une game soon 😉)

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, i've been enjoying playing a lot within the last 3 weeks, mostly on F|RECRUITING and had a blast even though i'm a bit...well mostly rusty.

However I have some bad news. Gonna have to hang on this is gonna be a long, technical post in which i'll also go into what i do!!

I've been auto-banned yesterday by the server for hacking while spectating.
This should upset anyone like me, who's been playing every game clean, has had the same steam\epic\anything accounts without a single game ban.
But unlike most of anyone to who that'd happen, i know why this did(skip to the end for the TLDR);

As i mentionned before, i've had some gpu problems. My main desktop on which i play ET is pretty old, i don't really game much anymore as i'm spending a lot of time and money into music engineering for local bands and event venues.
Said computer has a first gen i3 with a nvidia 650ti boost on 8gb ddr3.. probably a 10 y/o setup and frankly lacking setup (even in ET!!)
Yesterday i was working at my work desk, had hours to kill and decided to try to get ET working on my work laptop with much better hardware.
Work laptop is a pretty heavily tweaked Macbook m1 pro. (we'll get into technicalities of the problems this brings)
ETLegacy has a macOs package for ET! Great!
After transferting everything (etkey-config-pak0-pak1-pak2.pk3 etc) from the saved image of my desktop on the macbook, i quickly had to overcome the many cgame_mac console errors before finally booting up the game.

At that point i quickly realised that the arm64 bit build clients are NOT compatible with x86 servers... which this one of many that are.
After a few unsuccesful attemps at connecting anyway, i've decided to resort to plan B
Plan B was booting up Parallels, a VM that has a bootable windows image of my desktop.
Another hour went in trying to get ET to start in the VM.
apple's m1 has no problem running 64 bit applications through Rosetta 2, a layer compability tool.
It however, "can't" run x86 programs in a vacuum, it needs help.
ETLegacy has a 64bit installer, but still relies on some 32bit files to get started
I long had the ET SDK stored away, and it came in handy to figure some things when it came to getting qagame_mp_x86 compatible with my VM situation.
Many tweaks of trial and errors later, i succesfully booted into the server, had many rendering glitches but still managed to get a game in and some time in spectator talking with Element' in pm on the server.

Dinner time came, i left the laptop with ET running in spectator mode to test stability and went, spent an hour at a restaurant with friends.
Headed back home, hopped on my desktop and booted ET, connected to the server and..
Awaiting gamestate 5...6...
After a while i manually /disconnect 'ed and went on et.splatterladder.eu to see if my work laptop was still logged in. It wasn't for the last 20 minutes.
At this point i thought my work laptop went into sleep or i got kicked when the server went full.
Attempted to connect back, and this time i was granted with a "Banned for hacking" month long auto-ban.
If i had to take a guess, the anti-cheat got triggered by the "more than lacking" rendering on the laptop, and decided it was enough after a few games of spectating possibly going wrong? 😂
I was about to go for plan C tomorow which is getting it to run on my Asahi linux partition of the Macbook. We recently got enough gpu driver compatibility to run the OpenGL stuff! (Thanks Lina!)
I now know that if i have to do some more testing i'll do it elsewhere where i don't mind the ban.

My GUID is  if admins or anyone qualified wants to take a look. It may show as being played on 2 (or 3) different IP's

TLDR; My tweaked version of ET made to run in a VM windows machine on an "incompatible" tweaked arm64 m1 processor got me banned

I have had plenty of time with plenty of people on here who can vouch for my fair (but far from exceptionnal) gameplay and negative k/d.
I'm hoping to get this resolved ASAP, i love playing with you guys and i don't want my reputation stained over a compatibility glitch.

Don't worry i'm not going anywhere!

Guide deletet. Do NOT share your guid, in public

Edited by Leatherface
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, VanClyde said:

've been auto-banned yesterday by the server for hacking while spectating.

you will still need to fill out a unban request before we will look into it please do so here https://fearless-assassins.com/forums/forum/79-unban-request/

also please add the ban message you got ty

• Like 2
  • 100 1

2 hours ago, D..X said:

you will still need to fill out a unban request before we will look into it please do so here https://fearless-assassins.com/forums/forum/79-unban-request/

also please add the ban message you got ty

I did post a thread there yesterday when i got a PM about it!
Hoping to get things resolved asap, can't wait to hop in and play.

Meanwhile it seems i still have some issues to resolve compatibility wise

Screenshot 2023-03-09 at 11.17.46.png