Best players work

Armagedonyx

What do the best players do in their life on Jay1 for example ? Asking that because I'd like to know if they have a life while being good at the game. I'm still very recent to it and I play it a lot each evening on weeks and a lot in the day on week-ends. Do these people have even have a work ? SEGG for example, he is a very skilled aimer but is he doing simething else in his life ? What about you people, what do you do ? I personnally am a highscooler, still practicing new skills.

Can I ask why are you so hooked on players with alright aim? A question I'd like to know is, how long have you been playing ET for? Most good aimers on jay1 or ET in general have been playing for 10-12 years or more, so they have the experience when in comes to aiming, plus playing games like quake, (which uses the same engine) also comes into play, if they have. 

It takes time to develop your aim, when YOU have found the right settings for YOUR preference.

• Like 1
  • 100 1

34 minutes ago, Valk said:

Can I ask why are you so hooked on players with alright aim? A question I'd like to know is, how long have you been playing ET for? Most good aimers on jay1 or ET in general have been playing for 10-12 years or more, so they have the experience when in comes to aiming, plus playing games like quake, (which uses the same engine) also comes into play, if they have. 

It takes time to develop your aim, when YOU have found the right settings for YOUR preference.

I'm obsessed with getting better, I hate losing all of the time but you are right, being in the game that many years may have an impact like that. Still, it amaze me how good someone can be after so many years of playing. I don't even know when I'll get to that level.

I play the game since last November, that's why I still have gaps, right ?

Edited by Armagedonyx

3 minutes ago, Armagedonyx said:

I'm obsessed with getting better, I hate losing all of the time but you are right, being in the game that many years may have an impact like that. Still, it amaze me how good someone can be after so many years of playing. I don't even know when I'll get to that level.

I play the game since last November, that's why I still have gaps, right ?

You'll never catch up to someone who has had 10+ years experience, and that goes with practically everything in life, experience.

Everyone can always improve, but if you want my advice, get a config set up for your preference and stick to it. I chopped and changed sensitives for a while and it messed up my aim even more. Stuck with the same settings for more than 5 years now, and I can get and hold above 50% accuracy on jay1, sometimes even 55%+ if I am having a good day.

Just keep practicing, you'll get there. 

there is alot to learn my young one. valks sure a good start hes a fricken beast too.

u can always ask... my advice is to find sum aiming tuts. and practice.  ask very good players. like @Haruhi Suzumiya  or @CarbOn   ..  and learn to modify your cfg and what each setting is for and how it works. 

an if ud like to achieve there style u must compete in scrims you will never learn what a vet knows if u dont learn like they did. be ready to get ur ass handed to you.lol

educate your self on damage  bullet spread and how to not waste bullets.  also memorizing maps will help.  an always remember in pubs team work makes the dream work. u wont stand a chance in scrims u dont learn teamwork.

when i wanted to get better .. i played 1v1  ALOT.   then i played 2v2  and 3v3 ...  an also remember et is as much a mind game as a skill game. learn to make enemies do what u want when u want.

• Like 3

As valk said get a setting for your preference, keep testing the sensitivity until you find one you feel comfortable with. Because the truth is that you don't need a good mouse to be good, but rather a config that you feel comfortable playing with. I know because I played with a ball mouse and when I put a good config, i improved a lot, so much so that they said I was cheating, they even banned me from a server... (I miss that mouse... :( ) Of course you have to train :) 

i guess i forgot also  im not et god like haru . but i am a superintendent at a concrete company. as for seggsy time .lol happily married for 24 yrs and have 4 kids. an one grand daughter.loli have friends in et  for over 20 yrs. alot of us older fellas and gals have known and been friends with each other for a long long time. thats why fa is family.  cuz sum of us basically are!

i know also haru is  a ups employee .. a talented bicycle rider and loves to fix things.  very smart fella.

Edited by captnconcrete
  • Like 2

• Platinum VIP
15 hours ago, Armagedonyx said:

What do the best players do in their life on Jay1 for example ? Asking that because I'd like to know if they have a life while being good at the game. I'm still very recent to it and I play it a lot each evening on weeks and a lot in the day on week-ends. Do these people have even have a work ? SEGG for example, he is a very skilled aimer but is he doing simething else in his life ? What about you people, what do you do ? I personnally am a highscooler, still practicing new skills.

Haha, hard to say if you are genuinely asking or if you are just shitting on good players 😄 I think if you dedicate yourself you can get really good in a couple years max, and keep growing from there. Nowadays there are very nice aimtraimers on steam like Kovaaks where you can develop a fantastic aim without even booting up ET as long as you keep the same sensitivity between both games. There have been some ET players that are quite excellent at these kinds of games like you can see here: 

Of course, ET is about much more than just aim, the rest you learn by playing and gaining experience. If you wanna go the oldschool way and learn to get better in ET like most of us did, as trainers like Kovaaks weren't around yet, there are many ways to go about this. Try to find a sensitivity that suits you and stick to it. Preferably a lower sensitivity rather than a high one but in the end it is a lot about personal preference. There's a very important thing in any first person shooter which is muscle memory. Muscle memory is basically your brain unconsciously knowing how much to move your mouse in a certain direction to move from its starting position to the head of the enemy. If you keep changing your mouse settings you will never develop this and it will only hold you back

Aside from that, I would recommend sticking to playing medic for a while. On some maps maybe you will get much more kills playing field ops and throwing air strikes but that's not practice. To practice you will actually have to focus on playing Thompson/mp40 😛 (for anyone reading, please don't hate me for creating rambo medics).

Oh wait, this topic was about jobs. As for myself, I've been working in data science and analysis for a while now, while also dabbling my feet in leading lean and continuous improvement projects. If you ever need any help with that let me know hahaha

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Dest!Ny said:

Haha, hard to say if you are genuinely asking or if you are just shitting on good players 😄 I think if you dedicate yourself you can get really good in a couple years max, and keep growing from there. Nowadays there are very nice aimtraimers on steam like Kovaaks where you can develop a fantastic aim without even booting up ET as long as you keep the same sensitivity between both games. There have been some ET players that are quite excellent at these kinds of games like you can see here: 

Of course, ET is about much more than just aim, the rest you learn by playing and gaining experience. If you wanna go the oldschool way and learn to get better in ET like most of us did, as trainers like Kovaaks weren't around yet, there are many ways to go about this. Try to find a sensitivity that suits you and stick to it. Preferably a lower sensitivity rather than a high one but in the end it is a lot about personal preference. There's a very important thing in any first person shooter which is muscle memory. Muscle memory is basically your brain unconsciously knowing how much to move your mouse in a certain direction to move from its starting position to the head of the enemy. If you keep changing your mouse settings you will never develop this and it will only hold you back

Aside from that, I would recommend sticking to playing medic for a while. On some maps maybe you will get much more kills playing field ops and throwing air strikes but that's not practice. To practice you will actually have to focus on playing Thompson/mp40 😛 (for anyone reading, please don't hate me for creating rambo medics).

Oh wait, this topic was about jobs. As for myself, I've been working in data science and analysis for a while now, while also dabbling my feet in leading lean and continuous improvement projects. If you ever need any help with that let me know hahaha

I have found my sensibility, it's 1.76 : not too high, not too low, just perfect and I can do a 180° rotation fairly easely as well as aiming with enough accuracy. I've recently thought to myself, that, I usually play too much as a rusher and this playstyle doesn't suit me. Hiding/shooting is a wiser way of doing kills. Someone said : "play smarter", I guess he was right. I should paly smarter more often, and use hideouts at my advantage on the battlefield. Anyway, as for aiming practice, I have Aimlbas, but I've only used it once, not sure if I want to learn that way. I just want to keep playing ET until I get to a point that my skill level is good enough for me. 

You don't really need to put that much time on a daily basis into the game, I've played this for almost 20 years now and after a while it just becomes intuitive.

I would recommend playing somewhere else other than jay1 if you want to improve your aim, try silent1. Jaymod is essentially a Mickey mouse mod. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, PHNTM said:

You don't really need to put that much time on a daily basis into the game, I've played this for almost 20 years now and after a while it just becomes intuitive.

I would recommend playing somewhere else other than jay1 if you want to improve your aim, try silent1. Jaymod is essentially a Mickey mouse mod. 

Yes, as I said in today's topic (come check it out) I've recently tried going to other servers like Jay2 today, Nq1 and Beg2 or 1 and even Silent1. I like small servers too sometimes but when you play axis in those, it's usually harder because there is mostly bots to defend and more newbies so they don't always know what to do in each map. I try guiding them sometimes. 

Not only them servers, but try ETPro and ETLegacy, the more pro mods of the game. There, people tend to have better movements and aim from scrims throughout the years.

• 1 month later...