How secure is your password!?

GHARIB

once in a company i had a job to do,

an IT guy hang out an paperlist at his door, where it said:

"unfortunately after the last Windowsupdate we need to check your Windows passwords for security issues.

please write down your password here,

Please do also suggest a possible date and time,

when we can talk about the security level of your passwort.
Please keep in mind that this topic is highly sensitive, so don´t share any information about it with co-workers.

Thank you and with best regards

your IT-Department

after 3 hours the list was half full... so they canceled it and decided to do a cybersecurity training with the whole company... 

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, GHARIB said:

These people don't take their passwords seriously. Some are very confident just because they are asked what it is to know if it's strong, like the guy who didn't want to say it at first.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GHARIB said:

hmmm

Django project?

pbkdf2_sha256$390000$esaenzgMkTt3KWE7ruAh7y&idGDSMB63/oDneNQj+s3proyZEK03xr3AcNuWb3pHyw=

DJANGO pbkdf2_sha256 ?

If you have a "human made password" - or poor combination of words/numbers :

Oh Yeah Snap GIF by Rob Zombie

One advice , chose long passwords like this one  

If it is a mix of numbers + Upper/Lower case letters + symbols - ramdomly placed

👍 

Yeap, while this is the beginning of the project, it is only three days old 😄 

I developed my password taking into account everything at once, from the point of view of a person who does not know my code, it will generally seem like a mix of everything, of course, if someone steals my code, he will find out, but this still needs to be tried

pbkdf2

it's just a standard for deriving a key from a password

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Vice86 said:

once in a company i had a job to do,

an IT guy hang out an paperlist at his door, where it said:

"unfortunately after the last Windowsupdate we need to check your Windows passwords for security issues.

please write down your password here,

Please do also suggest a possible date and time,

when we can talk about the security level of your passwort.
Please keep in mind that this topic is highly sensitive, so don´t share any information about it with co-workers.

Thank you and with best regards

your IT-Department

after 3 hours the list was half full... so they canceled it and decided to do a cybersecurity training with the whole company... 

Sadly it's not abnormal i did a test on a Company about 2-3 weeks ish ago and called the admin team and ended up with the admins username and password which was then the same username and password for every login across the companies systems. Which would have given me full control. Took me 5 minutes to essentially own a multi million ££ comapny. 

• Haha 6