Binding +attack & Lower sens.

nAbish

• Platinum VIP

Is there a script/bind to be able to lower your sensitivity when shooting and back to a higher sens when not attacking? If so I would greatly appreciate the help!

Thx,   

.nAbish? 

That's kind of dangerous, since switching sensitivities a lot can mess up your muscle memory, and in turn, make your aim very shaky and unpredictable. 

Stick to one sens, having played the same sens/dpi, for 5+ years and have no issues. What are you having to troubles with, in terms of aim, if you have troubles.

• 100 1

this is part of my cfg i'm not really sure if this is what your looking for tho 

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// FOV toggle
// toggles FOV between 117 and 120 
// binds    "o"
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

cg_fov 117
set fov117 "echo FoV set to 117!; set cg_fov 117; set switch_fov vstr fov120;"
set fov120 "echo FoV set to 120!; set cg_fov 120; set switch_fov vstr fov117;"
set switch_fov "vstr fov117"
bind "o" "vstr switch_fov"

change mouse sen not really that useful so i never used it  

• Thanks 1

I sometimes use this, although it doesn't really matter in this game unless you have one of the gifted brain-hand coordination of pros and kilometers of mouse area:

set shooton "+attack; sensitivity 1.8750000000; set vstr shootoff"
set shootoff "-attack; sensitivity 4.4000000000; set vstr shooton"
bind MOUSE1 "+vstr shooton shootoff"

Edited by Apollonius
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Valk said:

That's kind of dangerous, since switching sensitivities a lot can mess up your muscle memory, and in turn, make your aim very shaky and unpredictable.

In theory you are correct, but in practice is see the benefits of using different sensitivities/FOV-s outweighing the risks. People have been using different sensitivities and FOV-s in fps shooters since "day 1". In COD, Apex, Battlefield, Fortnite, Valorant  games you can ADS and have different sense/fov. In CS and Overwatch people use scoped weapons with different sens. In Quake franchise people have been using different sens and/or FOV for different weapons (like LG and Railgun) since the beginning. So yes, mastering different sensitivities takes more time, but it will also give you an advantage. I for example switch between FOV-s 116/90 and use different sensitivities on each FOV.

//fov changer
set fov90 "cg_fov 116; sensitivity 1.64; m_pitch 0.0161; cg_crosshaircolor green; cg_crosshairsize 50; bind CAPSLOCK vstr farnear; echo ^3NORMAL"  
set farnear "cg_fov 90; sensitivity 1.20; m_pitch 0.0161; cg_crosshaircolor cyan; cg_crosshairsize 30; bind CAPSLOCK vstr fov90; echo ^3ZOOM" 
bind CAPSLOCK vstr farnear

Edited by HarryAimpotter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nAbish said:

Is there a script/bind to be able to lower your sensitivity when shooting and back to a higher sens when not attacking? If so I would greatly appreciate the help!

Thx,   

.nAbish? 

I don't make sense of that. You have to find the balance between speed and effectiveness. Many times I have tried to do a lot of "HS" whereby I lowered my mouse dpi.
I find it better to use /m_pitch 0.004 and /m_yaw 0.010 (that is, from the game set the mouse speed slow) and from the mouse application set the mouse fast (currently I have it at 1,550 dpi, sometimes 1,450 dpi to have more HS , depending on the map).

Regards

Captura de pantalla (1).png

• Thanks 1

• Platinum VIP
15 hours ago, Apollonius said:

I sometimes use this, although it doesn't really matter in this game unless you have one of the gifted brain-hand coordination of pros and kilometers of mouse area:

This is what I am looking for, Thank you!  

14 hours ago, HarryAimpotter said:

In theory you are correct, but in practice is see the benefits of using different sensitivities/FOV-s outweighing the risks. People have been using different sensitivities and FOV-s in fps shooters since "day 1". In COD, Apex, Battlefield, Fortnite, Valorant  games you can ADS and have different sense/fov. In CS and Overwatch people use scoped weapons with different sens. In Quake franchise people have been using different sens and/or FOV for different weapons (like LG and Railgun) since the beginning. So yes, mastering different sensitivities takes more time, but it will also give you an advantage. I for example switch between FOV-s 116/90 and use different sensitivities on each FOV.

//fov changer
set fov90 "cg_fov 116; sensitivity 1.64; m_pitch 0.0161; cg_crosshaircolor green; cg_crosshairsize 50; bind CAPSLOCK vstr farnear; echo ^3NORMAL"  
set farnear "cg_fov 90; sensitivity 1.20; m_pitch 0.0161; cg_crosshaircolor cyan; cg_crosshairsize 30; bind CAPSLOCK vstr fov90; echo ^3ZOOM" 
bind CAPSLOCK vstr farnear

Will also be giving this a try, THANK YOU

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
13 hours ago, Valk said:

It also depends what type of aimer you are, arm or wrist? With wrist, you tend to have a higher sens, and also your grip on the mouse.

I'm a wrist aimer unfortunately 

• Platinum VIP
On 1/22/2023 at 4:38 AM, Apollonius said:

Wanted to thank you again for sharing this with me! ABSOLUTELY LOVE it!!! 

• Like 1