damn fps!

BattleFlag

hello guys, i dont know if it is right section :P

so, my problem is: in some maps i have costantly 10-16-21 fps.. my computer dont sucks (RIGHT HULK? LOL) ive a 2.67Ghz quad core, 4 gb of ram and 700 of hardisk.. 9800 radeon nvidia...and i dont know why i lag so much.. is unplayable with 10 fps.....

someone can to help me? or know solutions??

Thanks

BattleFlag

PS ive done /rate 45000 , /cl_timenudge -50 and my max fps are 334 (max allowed by pb in our servers)

Clean your cooling system from all the dust and make sure they are well attached to the processor units. Sometimes all the dust can reduce the effect of coolers and as a result the processors warm up too much. This will result the automatic slowness with the clock rate because some processor units protect themselves from burning up caused by overheating.

9800 radeon nvidia

Sorry I don't know what that is but otherwise the specs look like the FPS should be a lot higher without a doubt even with bloatware at OS level. I'm assuming youre using Windows.

It might also help to know what all video settings you're using (and/or copy/paste your video configuration from your autoexec.cfg and the etmain.cfg).

Otherwise, disable Vsync and dynamic lighting, reduce your screen size, etc, etc.

Edit: Perhaps also this if you have an nVidia card.

Also, both ATi and nVidia have released a 9800 series video card. For more specific answers, please give the exact model of your video card as reported by your system (Right click on your desktop, select properties, in the window that appears, click the Settings tab, then the Advanced button, then in the new window that appears, click the Adapter tab. The information is in there).

this shit happens everyday to mee.what i do to fix it:start et,close it,start et,close it etc etc till i get stable fps,it always works for me.

You may not get 330 fps but you can check if you really lag by going to limbo menu and see if your mouse movement lags.if it doesnt lag but still you get low fps its because of the map

p.s you may need to close and restart et up to 5 times but it will work for sure

Do you have stable ping at the time of lag. I have a great PC but ever since I moved I went from having 50 ping on jay1 to 250 average ping and i lag alot on JAy 1 where i used to get stable 125 fps.

whoaaaaa!! solved!! thanks to all!! very kinds.. wasnt possible, on oasis, in the first part of map, near allies' comand post, i had always 8 fps, more or less players, pings etc... always 8.. now i have 70 :) thanks to all guys :)

BattleFlag

nvidia radeon 9800......its like saying nissan and hummer...

I agree. Both nvidia and radeon have a 9800 card lol (one is way outdated and the other is not bad)

didnt you know? i drive a Hummer Nissan H2. completely pwns other drivers :):lol:

Damn it must be you I saw on the road. You bastard took up 3 lanes !!! :lol:

I agree. Both nvidia and radeon have a 9800 card lol (one is way outdated and the other is not bad)

Damn it must be you I saw on the road. You bastard took up 3 lanes !!! :lol:

very funny onion lol! my video card is : NVidia GeForce 9500 GT :P NOW i know :D

FPS and ping are unrelated.

Your FPS are based on your computer's performance handling.

Your ping is based on your internet connection speed, and how many hops your information must make before reaching the server and back.

Though I will say that if you render more than 334 FPS W:ET will claim it is having connection issues, but that is because your computer is rendering graphics faster than it is receiving/sending data within the limits of the program. That and PB limits com_maxfps to 334 at most.

You can alter your FPS by com_maxfps directly, or by changing several graphics settings. Also, there are ATi specific cvars for improved graphics.

You can help alter your ping by changing your rate, maxpackets, your network MTU (setting outside of W:ET), and upgrade your internet connection. If you use wireless, go wireless N or gigabit ethernet, if you use a wire (ethernet), switch to gigabit routers, switches, and network adapters.

my problem it was that on maps like oasis, in good part of the map i had 8 fps.. => unplayable..and my pc isnt an aeroplane but is a good pc..i discovered that my videocard was installed, but without drivers, coz i thought that win7 with a quad core of cpu, it would be downloaded all drivers.. but without videocard's software, my videocart worked bad.. now ive 80-90 fps costantly and now i can play seriously :P