low graphic configs

Tukkonen

Silly question but could the internet connection be causing like lot  traffic jam or conection unstabel bad weather 

Edited by oliveirapt
  • Thanks 1

On 1/1/2023 at 10:18 AM, Lt Steiner said:

Are those framerate issues limited to ET or do you have them in other games as well?

You could spend a lot of time in tinkering, but in your case I think it would be best to backup all your important data, do a fresh Windows install, unhook all unnecessary surplus devices from your PC (like a game controller), get the latest official GPU driver for your model from nvidia.com, install ET: Legacy, use default settings there and check if the problem persists. Maybe there's some software conflict, maybe there's an anti-virus software running amok in the background causing the framerate drops, finding the culprit can be akin to finding a needle in a haystack.

At the current time i don't play any other games. Used to play WoW with same setup and there happened fps drops only at big citys 😄

Anyhow, the annoying fps drops below 30 has been fixed. Not 100% sure how (must be something suggested here and/or better cfg), but i'm glad it stays most of the time steady at 125, and very rarely drops from that, but not under 100. Thank you for everyone suggesting things. If  the problems starts again, then i'll do this fresh windows install 🖖

• Like 2
  • 100 1

On 12/31/2022 at 5:48 AM, ElEl said:

What version of ETLegacy are you using? After 2.77 they removed the r_primitives setting and locked it to 2 so changing the setting in console doesn't actually do anything. If you're not using the latest version, try updating ETLegacy.

When playing on 2.60b, r_primitives should be set to 2. Never set it to 1, it's a less efficient drawing method and you'll get less fps.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Leatherface said:

"r_primitives 0 (coz you got nvidia) or 1, never 2 "

I got Nvidia also, and use primitives 2 with no problem

I played always with 2...but i noticed a problem with fps (couldnt use the max possible even with 165hz in this moment). Then i bought 240hz screen (1 year ago)...i tried playing with r_primitives 1....seems better to me than 2. 

But then..i remember the perfect explanation of Rambozo.....and i say " what i loss trying with 0? since then ...my fps are perfect i can play with 200 or 250 fps always, even in farest German servers (Beg2 and NQ1 i play perfectly with 200 fps there)

Remember try with all, here you have the explanation, depends what GPU you have: