Glider map

daredevil

• Administrators

Download link: Click Me to download Glider map.

Info: Spring 1943, the Austrian Alps: Allied Intelligence has reported that the enemy are developing a powerful new tank in a secure research facility. It is vital that one of the prototype Jagdpanther models be photographed for assessment.

Some Allied 'Horsa' gliders are in enemy hands and are crated in a nearby Axis outpost: capture the outpost and use the gliders to assist in the operation.

The Allies are dropped in by parachute and must assault the Outpost in order to gain access to the gliders crated there. They must then fly at least one glider from the Outpost to a hilltop overlooking the research facility. From there they will be able to destroy the generator, which opens the sealed door of the tank storage building.

They must steal the tank and transport it to the Outpost, where a Photo Reconnaissance Spitfire will be able to take photographs of it.

Version 3.0.2

May, 2007

Major changes to spawning, including when the allies take the outpost, the axis paratroopers can try to get it back; new axis spawn at centre of map; new allied spawn in tank garage; and when the tank reaches the guardpost the allied spawn is set there.

The parachute spawns are removed once the allied CP is built.

The 2nd tank barrier has been moved to be closer to the outpost.

Axis CP moved to the outpost.

Axis compound spawn enlarged to give more shoulder room.

Ladder added to allow access to the top of the garage.

Added on hardcore server.

Ok, one of those maps that are liked by the noobs because of "Wow, I can fly a plane in this map!"

What about the stupid automated mortar fire, the f***ing time expend when you think it's finaly over, the automated spawn-point-changes all the time? This map takes about 35 (!) minutes and most of the time you run through endless snow plains and hills where you can fall down and nearly die anytime.

I would rather vote Fuel Dumb or RailGun than this map - I even voted for Oasis when I had to (and I thought I would never do that again).

But that's just my opinion...

• Administrators

Ok, one of those maps that are liked by the noobs because of "Wow, I can fly a plane in this map!"

What about the stupid automated mortar fire, the f***ing time expend when you think it's finaly over, the automated spawn-point-changes all the time? This map takes about 35 (!) minutes and most of the time you run through endless snow plains and hills where you can fall down and nearly die anytime.

I would rather vote Fuel Dumb or RailGun than this map - I even voted for Oasis when I had to (and I thought I would never do that again).

But that's just my opinion...

Map suggestion section is open for all. Feel free to suggest maps which you guys like in valid fashion and I will add those maps. :)

Map suggestion section is open for all. Feel free to suggest maps which you guys like in valid fashion and I will add those maps. :)

lol somehow, i cant believe that.

btw. on the northpole map, axis are the attackers => spawntimes are wrong.

• Administrators

@Northpole fixed.

lol somehow, i cant believe that.

btw. on the northpole map, axis are the attackers => spawntimes are wrong.

Why you think I added new sections... all useless requests without any map info or download link, will be moved to invalid/denied request.

Wait for next 2 weeks and you will see more easy things for submitting map request :)

• 3 weeks later...

I do agree. The map really is "bad". I get an avg of around 25 fps on it, even though im not surprised since i do have an integrated card, but i would imagine others have significant drops as well. I guess the map would be fun to play if you could switch spawns and maybe even make the map smaller or take away the time bonus.

I've had to play this map twice.. Both times I tried, gave up, and sat in spec. It's hideous :( Similar comments to the ones in anal bomb's SS were being made then too (by me and others)