high pings

oliveirapt
Go to solution Solved by daredevil,

On 8/12/2022 at 4:59 AM, bLade. said:

Question, do you use ETLegacy or original ET? I have lag issues if I use legacy on Jaymod servers, but fine on original ET. 

im using original et

• Like 1

On 8/12/2022 at 3:35 PM, Betinho said:

1st to all ...you got a lot of help Here: 

@rambozo37 suggested you to use r_primitives 0 when you are using nvidia GPU...why you still use 2 ?

Another suggestions:

com_maxfps 90  with a 144 hz led? no ways...your high ping has nothing to do with fps...i told you...if you got 144 hz, use com_maxfps 140

i suggest too reduce your /m_pitch 0.022 to /m_pitch 0.015 and your /m_yaw 0.022 ? to /m_yaw 0.017 ....your mouse settings, your will feel less fast, but you will increase in acurracy. 

ths but already did that last time and all confis r still the same and im having the issues anyway

• Leader
1 hour ago, oliveirapt said:

proxy i guess

DareDevil explained it in his post.  The 10.*.*.* IPs are "reserved for internal system/network use" and it seemed very odd for them to be showing up in a WinMtr report.  They are supposed to be "non-Internet" addresses, but the World is changing again. 😄 

On 8/12/2022 at 10:44 AM, daredevil said:

IPV4 are less, so that's how now a days, ISP are managing internally. 

• Platinum VIP
34 minutes ago, oliveirapt said:

internet support and they cant do anything cause its outside our country

I believe this is false information, I don't know a lot about networking but either your ISP does the routing themselves or they route to an upstream provider. Probably it is the latter given what they told you but that doesn't mean it is not fixable. Hypothetically speaking they can either contact that provider to fix it or they simply change their upstream provider.

But let's face reality, 99% of ISP's won't change routing unless there are real significant issues and to be honest I don't think your ISP will do anything about this. The best you can do in my opinion is to change ISP's if you really want to change this quickly or alternatively you can wait until the upstream provider change routing by themselves, or even the hop itself becoming more stable. I tried to look into your traceroute and there is nothing off about it so it will be really difficult to build a case to your ISP.

If anyone has very different experiences, do share. But this is how I see the situation currently 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1