ET BEGINNERS #1 BEG1 / JAY3 - poison knives POLL

GHARIB

poison knives   

28 members have voted

1. 1. What could reduce the impact of them to have a fair game.

• To keep them as they are
    • To limit them (1 per spawn)
    • To set self heal for medic
    • To disable them

This poll is closed to new votes

During these last 4/5 months, high admins of Jay 3 (Beginners #1) have received a lot of complains about the use  poison knives  abusively - which seems recently to have a big impact on the usual gameplay we had few months ago.

To resume it : when you are hit by a launched knife you will be poisoned and wait your death patiently, unless if you can be healed by another medic (no self heal) or by any ammo pack in cabinet.

Each player has 5 poison knives at spawn, but ammo can be dispensed at the infinite by cabinet/field op, or so on.

Long time ago, just few players were playing "poison knives" , so it was a weapon like others. but last months, more (and more) players playing with it, and now the server is splitted in two worlds :

Dark side and...  no joke -> knives players / anti-knives players...

Recently It is too much knives everywhere (I have to recognize it - it is sometimes constant knive wars) and we can read too much complains. I have been asked by part of regulars/admins/applicants to open this topic publicly to talk about it.

In my opinion, but this is only my own mind : we should keep poison knives, but limit it to 1 knive per spawn - to avoid any abuse of it.

I am not for self healing, because it will be beneficial only for the medic class.

I believe that every weapon is nice but if a weapon alters the game because of abuse, we sometimes have to put some limit them  (as we had limited classes / heavy wepons on servers)

The goal of this post is not necessary to remove them, but to have a mature discussion to sastisfy all players as best as possible (which is almost impossible, but it is worth a try) and reduce the quantity of complains.

Opened only for constructive posts :)

Edited by GHARIB
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • 100 1

• Inactive Member

Hi all,

well we allready talked about it a lot on server.

Tbh from my POV I really hate it and want to DC since there are guys abusing it and 2/3 hour straight only throwing knifes.

I got it - its fun for them . But for players that want to play seriously including me and have some skill its unfair and annoying.

I would say normaly disable for healthy server but then they would be mad/leave/whine etc so my suggestion is to limit it for 1 knife max limit + selfheal as medic - there is enough time to kill medic after he is disoriented anyway.

Or disable it and like its pf baserace, future sniper map.. we can also have throw knife map when enough knife abusers online 😄

when the wave of throwing knife start its mostly when more skilled guys are playing that moment on the server and well.. players get mad and starting doing this for obvious reasons.

Talking mostly for myself but also for others - hope more people join converstation so we can found healthy and fair stage for all.

Cheers and see you around

ps: reduce map time if possible on big maps - ppl get bored fast.

Edited by rMks
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • 100 3

Just now, rMks said:

ps: reduce map time if possible on big maps - ppl get bored fast.

This could be discussed in another suggestion topic.

We will focus on this topic only on poison knives.

Thank you :)

Edited by GHARIB
  • Like 1
  • 100 1

• Inactive Member

Another option is to keep amount of knifes but disable poison - so they still can throw em on us but this “unfair poison effect” will be out.

its basicly one hit free kill and the only way you can kill them with gun is when your distance is like 1 meter. if u are more far away - there is nothing you can do and lets be honest - it is not really hard to hit at all with it :)

Edited by rMks
  • Thanks 1
  • 100 3

We already talked a lot about this point in the past, yes, no, maybe...and we tried also to disable poison and see what happens.

I think that Jay3's config is not realistic, it's faster, has double jump, nothing binded to a real and strategic war like on Jay1 or Silent1.

And it's fragger paradise, high FPS, HD, big screens, good config files, and that's it, sometimes is no fun at all to play against these players.

That's why sometimes I love poisoned knives.

On the other side, I'm not blind, and I see some players abusing spamming knives all the time and making the game unplayable...so many players leave after 1 or 2 maps.

IMO 1 or 2/spawn could be a fair compromise for everyone.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If people have problem with it, then I will vote for reducing number of knifes to 1.

I am sure that @EzoniczZ will be mad at us for this since he is crazy jumper-knifer.

It's like @Sphalman said, jay3 is different server with fast killing without thinking much about strategy. And when you got poisoned you rather cant count on other medics or first aid stations located on map.

I must say that for someone poison knife is annoying, but for someone else panzer or mines are irritating and keep whining "panzer noob", or "too many mines". So let's keep cool head.

Knife is also a weapon so if someone likes to play with it we should let at least 1 per spawn.

And for those who are angry when beeing poisoned: If you dont want to give knifer satisfsction of killing you by posion, just throw a grenade at your feet and wait for death on your own rules 😎

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well, sellfishly I stopped playing even for fun on Beg1 cause of poison knives. That thing started to be too annoying. It's okay when you get hit once in a while but when your ass is poisoned every respawn and you can expect that thing to be throwed at you every corner... Also I'm not a chicken to selfkill myself while poisoned, so overall it's not for me.

But I know where it comes from:

12 hours ago, Sphalman said:

And it's fragger paradise, high FPS, HD, big screens, good config files, and that's it, sometimes is no fun at all to play against these players.

That's why sometimes I love poisoned knives.

Yeah, problem usually starts when fraggers visits BEGINNERS server and start to kill them all. They kill fun for others with their serious approach so others are trying to do the same and the easiest way to do this is using poison knives. It's fun to see someone who came to get ego boost changing to chicken who runaway and kills himself with grenade.

15 hours ago, GHARIB said:

In my opinion, but this is only my own mind : we should keep poison knives, but limit it to 1 knive per spawn - to avoid any abuse of it.

I am not for self healing, because it will be beneficial only for the medic class.

Personally I like this solution the most as well.

I'm for reducing knives for spawn or leaving it the way it is now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, GHARIB said:

I'm also fine with this idea.

4 Knifes are standard but seems little bit too much.

Another option is maybe that we got more health or loosing health by poisen wil be reduce (if it possible)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Lycium said:

Another option is maybe that we got more health or loosing health by poisen wil be reduce (if it possible)

Yeah, we can play with this setting as well, sounds interesting. Maybe remove posion but add damage like 2 knives shots can kill enemy? It gives opportunity to fight back but also keeps fun for knives throwers.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Inactive Member

Well but its not fair to punish good players like that - thats no way to go.

As I said limit per 1 or keep amount without poision and doble hit for kill sounds good to me too.

@Exxo @z3To @HerrKamel @MPover @Justicepaul @polocolo

Edited by rMks
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, rMks said:

I believe from their point of view it's not fair to ger ripped by very well, skilled player on BEGINNERS server. Every stick has two ends.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Inactive Member

I got your point but its FPS shooting game like what you guys expect in game to play puzzles or feel sorry to kill someone.

But yes with stick with 2 ends its true and therefor i am up for what i said above.

I think that can work for both sides.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yaku said:

Maybe remove posion but add damage like 2 knives shots can kill enemy?

53 minutes ago, rMks said:

As I said limit per 1 or keep amount without poision and doble hit for kill sounds good to me too.

Two hits by knife always kill.

And when we reduce knife to 1, there can not be double hit to kill 😉

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, SunSet said:

We can choose if reducing knives to 1, or just remove poison and set 2 hits/kill, leaving 4-5 knives/spawn.

I like both, we can test these solutions on server if bosses agree.

1 hour ago, rMks said:

Nothing to do with punishing, the server is called Beginners#1, and during the years I saw so many players leave because of cannibal fraggers who don't care about gameplay and teamplay, they just come in and frag whatever.

So...knives helped a lot in keeping them under control xD

Point 23. of W:ET Wiki:

1. Team Play is required. Don't be useless when your team is losing or not able to advance in the map.

For some admins, I cannot find the topic now, fragging and doesn't care about teamplay is enough to get warned and kicked from server. I mean, you can come in and frag if you like, but you should help your team as well.

• Like 4

• Inactive Member
20 minutes ago, SunSet said:

Well I literally said to keep amount if poison will be disabled so they can use it still to kill. It was like 1 with poison or 4/5 without.

7 minutes ago, Sphalman said:

For some admins, I cannot find the topic now, fragging and doesn't care about teamplay is enough to get warned and kicked from server. I mean, you can come in and frag if you like, but you should help your team as well.

I don't want to start any confrontation, each of us only speaks our opinion and ideas. But from my point of view, whether you are in attack or defense, by killing players you give room for engineers and others to defend better or, in the case of attack, to move further forward. So after all your giving your team space on whatever side you are.

Edited by rMks
  • Like 1
  • 100 1

• GHARIB locked this topic