Config Help - Class/Weapon Specific

ogeazy

Hey Everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me out with a class-specific config. For example, let's say I have two binds - 1 for medic and another for covie.

I want to bind F5 to choose medic. It'll use a standard load out and my typical settings for weapons. (M1 shoot, M2 alt, left mouse button 1 is grenade, left mouse button 2 is knife, scroll is a 30s timer)

I want to bind F8 to choose covert ops. Here's where it gets a bit complex. Is there a way to select my loadout to specifically be K43/Garand, single pistol that is already unsilenced, and now to change my left mouse button 1 to pistol slot and keep left mouse button 2 as knife? Then if I swap back to any other class, I want my controls to default back to my typical settings. 

I'm not sure if I'm really explaining it so well, but I'd be happy to discuss on here or on Discord. FYI my current class binds are below. 

Thank you! 

image.png.2e865cce21a775e0f46e3e0b991234c2.png

• Platinum VIP
29 minutes ago, ogeazy said:

Hey Everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me out with a class-specific config. For example, let's say I have two binds - 1 for medic and another for covie.

I want to bind F5 to choose medic. It'll use a standard load out and my typical settings for weapons. (M1 shoot, M2 alt, left mouse button 1 is grenade, left mouse button 2 is knife, scroll is a 30s timer)

I want to bind F8 to choose covert ops. Here's where it gets a bit complex. Is there a way to select my loadout to specifically be K43/Garand, single pistol that is already unsilenced, and now to change my left mouse button 1 to pistol slot and keep left mouse button 2 as knife? Then if I swap back to any other class, I want my controls to default back to my typical settings. 

I'm not sure if I'm really explaining it so well, but I'd be happy to discuss on here or on Discord. FYI my current class binds are below. 

Thank you! 

image.png.2e865cce21a775e0f46e3e0b991234c2.png

Hi Ogeazy,

you can yous the `team`-command parameters to choose a weapons. But wich weapon it is and which waepons are available may depends on the mod/server you are playing on.

You can also combine multiple commands using the `+vstr`-mechanism. Store multiple commands in a variable and execute them all by `vstr variablename`.

Have for example a look here: https://forums.splashdamage.com/t/class-selection-scripts/114510/2

Or feel free to ask, if you need additional help/explanation.

Hope that helps.

Bye,

Jan/Quarz/Solatis/Panda

• Like 2
  • 100 1

I'm not sure if you can bind to single pistol or unsilenced.  Maybe someone knows the commands if even possible.  Besides that, it's a pretty simple script to write.

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
1 hour ago, Haruhi Suzumiya said:

I'm not sure if you can bind to single pistol or unsilenced.  Maybe someone knows the commands if even possible.  Besides that, it's a pretty simple script to write.

If there is a specific command to do "unsilenced" it should be possible to add it to the ciommand chain - but would have to search for my own if this is possible.

• 100 1

What mod do you need it for?  That's the first thing we need to know.  I can write it up pretty quick but I need that info to see what cmds I have available.

Hit me up on discord Haru#0161 or you can also find me on FA's discord and we'll get this worked out.  Already typed up your posted bind snippet and the description as a starting point.  Once we get the cmds I'll also need your full bind list.

I love writing scripts but don't use many myself.

• Like 1

I use this on silent, doesnt work on jay as i dont know the weapon number codes (btw if someone knows these would be nice) and just too lazy to try/fail 😄

My binds are on arrow keys, but ofc can be binded on others too like you want:

bind DEL "vstr classsoldier"
bind UPARROW  "vstr classfieldop"
bind LEFTARROW "vstr classmedic"
bind RIGHTARROW "vstr classengi"
bind DOWNARROW "vstr classcovop"

//CLASS SCRIPT//
set classengi "vstr classengi1"
set classengi1 "vstr classrecycle; class e 4; set classengi vstr classengi2; echo ^0>>^7Spawn^0: ^1Engineer^7/^1PPSH^0<<"
set classengi2 "class e 3; set classengi vstr classengi1; echo ^0>>^7Spawn^0: ^1Engineer^7/^1Rifle^0<<"
set classfieldop "vstr classrecycle; class f 3; echo ^0>>^7Spawn^0: ^1Fieldop<<"
set classsoldier "vstr classsoldier1"
set classsoldier1 "vstr classrecycle; class s 4; set classsoldier vstr classsoldier2; echo ^0>>^7Spawn^0: ^1Soldier^7/^1Panzer^0<<"
set classsoldier2 "class s 5; set classsoldier vstr classsoldier3; echo ^0>>^7Spawn: ^4Soldier^0/^4Mortar^0<<"
set classsoldier3 "class s 2; set classsoldier vstr classsoldier4; echo ^0>>^7Spawn: ^4Soldier^0/^4MG42^0<<"
set classsoldier4 "class s 3; set classsoldier vstr classsoldier1; echo ^0>>^7Spawn: ^4Soldier^0/^4Flamer^0<<"
set classmedic "vstr classrecycle; class m 1; echo ^0>>^7Spawn^0: ^1Medic^7/^1SMG^0<<"
set classcovop "vstr classcovop1"
set classcovop3 "class c 1; set classcovop vstr classcovop1; echo ^0>>^7Spawn: ^4Covert^0/^4Sten^0<<"
set classcovop1 "vstr classrecycle; class c 3; set classcovop vstr classcovop2; echo ^0>>^7Spawn^0: ^4Covert^0/^4Sniper^0<<"
set classcovop2 "class c 2; set classcovop vstr classcovop3; echo ^0>>^7Spawn: ^4Covert^0/^4FG42^0<<"
set classrecycle "set classengi vstr classengi1; set classcovop vstr classcovop1; set classsoldier vstr classsoldier1"

• Like 1
  • 100 1

Thnx, that answers all but the no silencer question.  Hoping he wants it for silent.  I'll get my friends jaymod script of needed.  I'm akways looking for something to fo after work, wo definitely hit me up!

• Like 1

I'm just getting off work now, be online at about 6:4 EST

I pretty much have all the info needed as far as cmds go, besides single pistol, if anyone happens to know if that's possible in silent mod.

22 hours ago, RendeL said:

I use this on silent, doesnt work on jay as i dont know the weapon number codes (btw if someone knows these would be nice) and just too lazy to try/fail 😄

My binds are on arrow keys, but ofc can be binded on others too like you want:

What do the letters and numbers represent after the word "class"? I"m assuming they're for which team axis or allies...
Also is it possible to choose a specific weapon to spawn with? For example, field ops with PPSH...

Yes those numbers are for weapons.

Example here, this spawns engi with ppsh: set classengi1 "vstr classrecycle; class e 4; set classengi vstr classengi2; echo ^0>>^7Spawn^0: ^1Engineer^7/^1PPSH^0<<"

I remember that adding another number (maybe 1) you spawn with single pistol instead of the two.

But as i dont remember exactly, that's why I asked if someone has those weapon codes, tho iirc these can be found in omni-bot cfg files, need to check that too.

Oh forgot your Q about the fops, so this spawns as fops with ppsh on silent/nq/etpro: set classfieldop "vstr classrecycle; class f 3; echo ^0>>^7Spawn^0: ^1Fieldop<<"

Edited by RendeL
  • Like 1