Reintroduction / Who are you? -Sid

Haruhi Suzumiya

Well, I've been on this site and a part of this community for a long while now and with my recent disappearances (pun intended) and application, I figured it would be a good time to reintroduce myself using Sid's "Who are you?" template.

First name: Kevin

Any sort of Nickname?: Besides my internet alias's, just my last name (last name used by military friends)

What country are you from?: U.S.A.

Are you a Parent?: I am most definitely not.  I do have dog.

How many siblings do you have?: Two, an older and a younger brother.

What's your shoe size?: 10ish

What do you do for a living?: I am a supervisor at a UPS hub.  Keep the docks flowing and train people how to build box walls at a life threatening pace.

Greatest Fear?:  I'm not sure about this one.  I've always liked to do things that scare that absolute sh*t out of me.  I guess I'd just have to go with something ordinary, like public speaking.  I was at one point in my life disfunctionally social anxious.

Most Exciting thing you've ever done?:  Another hard one to answer.  Have been through the Military, flown planes/aerobatics, jumped out of planes, raced cars and motocross, pushed myself so hard on a bmx bike that I broke 14 bones in a matter of a few years. That split second your standing in the doorway of a plane and then jump out is pretttty high up there though. What a rush.

Most embarrassing thing you've ever done?: (Don't be shy!)  Idk?  Probably just one of the many many times I had to talk in front of a group and almost had a heart attack because of it.

First thing you look for in a new friend?: Not sure, nothing in particular.  You just kinda click or you don't.  Being able to laugh and joke about anything while still being respectful to those you meet are definitely qualities I'm drawn to.  

Farthest you've been from home?: White Sands Missile range.  Have lived in 6 different states but unfortunately haven't been anywhere near far enough.

What brought you to the Fearless Assassins servers/forum?:  Bans, lots of bans.  You guys allowed me to play here and well, 12+ years later I'm still here.  Have had a lot of great times because of your servers and community and i thank you dearly for it.
Cat or Dog?:  Love them both but dogs more.  It's really a numbers thing.  Like 90% of dogs you meet are dope AF and the other 10% you just want to punt into a meat grinder, but with cats, like 30% of them will be cool and actually let you touch them, 10% will be absolute demons and hiss at you, and the remaining 60% it's like your buddy tells you his cat died and you're like..."you had a cat?"  Anddddd... I could go into the whole "catgirl" thing here, but I have a theory on why doggirls would be much safer partners.

What are your hobbies?: Anime, manga, bicycles, cars, planes, rc's, computers, a few computer games, learning new things.. a ton more really.  Just chat'n with my homies I'd consider a hobby at this point in my life.

What kind of Sports do you like?:  One's where it's you against yourself, forever striving to meet your own standards of perfection.

What's your favorite color?: I like to wear black but that's boring.  A lot of colors are awesome depending on the shade and how they stand out from their surroundings.

How about your favorite type of music?:  Hmmm... instrumentals, piano, prog, classical, different forms of electronic/synth, older punk, jcore.  I don't listen to much with singers.  Words usually ruin the song for me, but that doesn't stand true for all bands and when it's in a different language I usually like it more.

Favorite Song?:  What genre? What day? What mood am I in?  I have a million favorite songs.

What's your favorite TV show?: I haven't seen any shows other than anime in the past 10+ years and I don't have a favorite anime, I have a ton of favorites.  I'll just throw out the monogatari series so I give at least one answer.

What kind of movies do you like? (Scary, comedy, drama etc):  Like it all.  I really enjoy a good fantasy with good character development.  Love using anime as a medium to escape life.  

Favorite Movie?:  Idk, I'll just say "the disappearance of haruhi suzumiya" to yet again give an answer to a question I can't limit down... or the last human movie I watched, Fury, it was pretty sweet.

Favorite Book?:  Haven't read any fiction in a long time so idk, unless we're talking manga of course.  Lots and lots of good manga out there.  Just for funsies I'm going to say "Sekai de Ichiban Oppai ga Suki!"

What do you like most about yourself?: My ability to learn and progress at anything I decide to do or my ability to see things from multiple perspectives.

What do you hate most about yourself?:  Probably the procrastination of doing things or the avoidance of family of friends that are both just side effects of severe depression.

What makes you very happy?: Catgirls!!  Seeing other people happy.

What makes you very sad?:  Most of what the human race has been up to through out their history...  And also when dogs die in car wrecks.  Those poor guys were having the time of their lives up till that point.  😢

What's your favorite beverage?: Water, milk, green teas, milk teas, dr.pepper

What you're favorite food/snack?: Cheese, cheese burgers, garlic salt, chips, chicken, steak, fries, cooked veggies... so much good stuff to be had.

Favorite actor/Actress?:  Don't have one because I don't watch human movies.  I'll just say Rie Takahashi for her role as megumin.

Favorite season? Why?:  Tooooooooooo many anime to choose from.

Favorite subject in school?:  The sciences.  Physics, biology, etc

Favorite thing to learn about?: Either whatever has caught my attention at the time or theoretical physics.

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?:  Bet you thought I was going to say Japan didn't you?  Ya.. I wanna go there 😄 But there's soooo many awesome beautiful places I'd like to visit.
What are your top three games of all time?:  ET, defrag, cpma, and also nekopara

Besides shooters, what is your favorite genre of gaming?:  nekopara

Name one game in your collection you'd be embarrassed to tell your friends about:  You've seen the picture of the walls surrounding my desk, I worry very little over someone thinking negatively about something I like.  If I owned fortnite I probably wouldn't tell anybody though.

How many games do you own?:  Idk, probably not enough.  About to buy a few now that I have a worthy PC.

Do you play console?:  Ewwww no

What platform do you spend most of your gaming on? (PS, Xbox, Steam, Android etc): PC and PC only

What's your favorite internet site (That is not FA ;P):  hmmm.. youtube, myanimelist.net, 9anime, danbooru.donmai.us

• Like 8
  • Surprise 1
  • 100 1

• Leader
35 minutes ago, Haruhi Suzumiya said:

"the disappearance of haruhi suzumiya"

Now I will mentally picture you like this :  tumblr_phbubio1zU1v721ae_500.gif

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, RedBaird said:

Now I will mentally picture you like this :  tumblr_phbubio1zU1v721ae_500.gif

I'd prefer that you pictured me as the actual character I'm named after you big goof, now you get a bonk'n

haruhi-suzumiya-kyon-computer-haruhi-suz

• Haha 2

• Leader
8 hours ago, Haruhi Suzumiya said:

I'd prefer that you pictured me as the actual character I'm named after

My search did not get quite that detailed.  I latched onto the first definitely male GIF that I found.  Let me search further....

Did you mean this character?  

hGaZHfu.jpg

which seems to also be yelling at me!  😮 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Long said:

Hi Haru, nice to see you 🍻

9965518.gif.065374e216ffe226771ac5a0ca9a990e.gif

This was most definitely my mom when I was a child.  Love her to death but man did I put her through a lot. ^^

• Haha 3