Old timer looking for advice

pottypotty

Hi, I am potty. Been inactive for a long time, I just hope one or two remember me.

I have just started playing ET again today and I need some advice. Due to my advancing years, ai am starting to ache quite a bit... Particularly in my right shoulder and mouse hand. Is there anyone that has had time away from computer games and come back to the same sorta issues? I have tried a few office chairs and 2 mice. Nothing seems to work. Maybe it's time I pass my computer down to my son, even though he wastes his gaming time on fortnite.

Anyway, hello all I hope to see you in game soon. 

P.S YOU LOT NEED TO USE VOICE CHAT MORE ON DISCORD!

potty

• Like 5

• Administrators

I and many others are on discord every single night. I would say at least 20-25 days in a month. :)  

Age does some wonder, you know … unless you are like Hipkat.. LOL (j/k)

I just use Logitech G502 mouse.. and this chair:  https://www.autonomous.ai/office-chairs/ergonomic-chair

PS Yes my wrist hurts when I play BF for too long.

• Sad 1

i used same mouse like Daredevil for years changed now to a razar Viper 8 K and a Blackwidow v3, using this chair and no problems so far , iam also in 51  years now .

?fmt=auto&w=768&h=0&upscale=false

• Love 1

57 minutes ago, pottypotty said:

Hi, I am potty. Been inactive for a long time, I just hope one or two remember me.

As in UK potty? potty200?

Chair is great for aiding posture and comfort, but honestly you need a decent stretching regime. Gym work out, hand stretches, yoga, pilates or one of those percussion gun and it will make the world of difference!

• 100 1

it is how your thumb is resting . i am 45  been a concrete finisher for 25 plus yrs i get  massive arthritis pain in my hands .

i use copper gloves . and epsom salt soak . but in your case its the way the mouse sits in your hand and how your fingers rest. id suggest a steelseries mouse there the most comfortable ive used . are you using a wrist riser pad that might help also. 

Edited by captnconcrete

3 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

it is how your thumb is resting . i am 45  been a concrete finisher for 25 plus yrs i get  massive arthritis pain in my hands .

i use copper gloves . and epsom salt soak . but in your case its the way the mouse sits in your hand and how your fingers rest. id suggest a steelseries mouse there the most comfortable ive used . are you using a wrist riser pad that might help also. 

Cheers for that, I will have to look into this and give it a go!

• Like 2

I used to have a gaming chair, and I switched to a regular office chair. I did this because the gaming chair was hurting my back and putting me in a mild, sloped position (hunchback) which is not good for the body & mind (I'm in my late 20s). Another thing that helps is doing 1-2 hours of exercise per day including some form of weightlifting (heavy). This strengthens your body and mind, and anyone can begin at any age. It also prevents numerous health issues. If there is a persistent problem, it's best to visit your doctor. Best of luck. 

• Administrators
On 2/5/2022 at 7:51 AM, captnconcrete said:

re you using a wrist riser pad that might help also. 

Do you like those? I actually had tried it.. and to be honest, God that hurts because of weird angle it made for me. 

Epsom salt is my weekend love  :)  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, daredevil said:

Do you like those? I actually had tried it.. and to be honest, God that hurts because of weird angle it made for me. 

Epsom salt is my weekend love  :)  

yeah a long time ago i got a vespula razer mouse pad  for a xmas gift   and ive been hooked on the writs riser ever sense.

• Like 1