Linux mint..and enemy territory?

Go to solution Solved by 10000,

Problem with linux mint, make the game work full screen.

the game does work great but not fullscreen what needs to be installed to make the game work with linux mint and nvidia graphics card? whats linux packages libGL etc...?

I have used this guide help.ubuntu.com but still problem

i use etlegaly etlegacy-v2.75-i386 other not works..

Thanks help.

Edited by 10000

These are My Fullscreen cvars in autoexec.cfg:

seta r_customaspect "1"
seta r_customheight "1080"
seta r_customwidth "1920"
seta r_fullscreen "1"
seta r_oldMode ""
seta r_mode "-1"

• Like 1

Thanks, but no help. when i try to put it full screen it goes completely black .. no mouse cursor or anything else .. i thinki is problem linux packages or nvidia drivers and opengl...🥸

who plays on linuxs ?

Edited by 10000

• Leader
On 12/24/2021 at 9:45 AM, 10000 said:

and opengl...🥸

I was checking out 'cake is a lie's' youtube channel and he has some experience with  that problem.  Let me find the profile link... @the cake is a lie. ( I keep remembering it as "the cake is NOT a lie" 😮 ).

Here is where he mentions "openGL" and ET on a Linux variant.  It may be mentioned elsewhere, too.  I have not watched the whole thing, as I had been "skipping around in it". 😄

https://youtu.be/w-xnMOz7uaM?t=472  , titled "the cake is a live stream - installing ET Legacy on linux".

!00000, search for Linux on the site and you may find other advice.  

(This new "page" edit-command did not act like I expected.  When editing, it just shows up as a horizontal line, but when the post is saved, it adds actual an Next Page command-tab!  😮 Very interesting!  I don't have to try to use the old [h] command from the 'old forums'.} 😄

[h] is ignored now

That search finds some 2170 posts, going back for years.  There are a few in recent years that might be helpful.

@HipKat and @mraw435  have posted about their 'adventures with ET on Linux". 😄

Here is Hipkat's latest

Edited by RedBaird
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The version of ETL you listed is over 6 years old. Try downloading the latest release 2.79 and see if you have the same issue.

I have had the black/frozen on full screen issue at various times in the past with different version of ETL and different flavors of linux. It worked as expected in 2.77 then broken again in 2.78, then fixed in snapshot build 2.78.1-130.... and so on. Sometimes it would work correctly in ubuntu but not in KDE and vice versa.

If the latest version of ETL doesn't work, post your OS and kernel version ($ uname -a), CPU, GPU model and driver version, and your ET config file from the legacy mod folder (this is the usually one loaded at ET startup).

There is also an ETL discord server where you can ask the developers for help directly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum VIP
1 hour ago, the cake is a lie said:

The version of ETL you listed is over 6 years old. Try downloading the latest release 2.79 and see if you have the same issue.

I have had the black/frozen on full screen issue at various times in the past with different version of ETL and different flavors of linux. It worked as expected in 2.77 then broken again in 2.78, then fixed in snapshot build 2.78.1-130.... and so on. Sometimes it would work correctly in ubuntu but not in KDE and vice versa.

If the latest version of ETL doesn't work, post your OS and kernel version ($ uname -a), CPU, GPU model and driver version, and your ET config file from the legacy mod folder (this is the usually one loaded at ET startup).

There is also an ETL discord server where you can ask the developers for help directly.

I posted on the discords server last week - no real help there.

I actually did get the newest version downloaded Thursday but haven't had time to run it yet. I will later today though - fingers crossed!

Screenshot_20211225_092114.png

Edited by -=HipKat=-
  • Like 1

• Platinum VIP

@the cake is a lie

2.79 is working. My ETKey is not. I have it in /var/lib/flatpak/app/com.etlegacy.ETLegacy/x86_64/stable/83cdfd32d9286a4f66c5f77c213177d12ceac1c13049d450c68a6c416af19b9c/files/bin/etmain/ - which is the default install path for ETL. All my maps and CFG's work out of that folder, but not my key. Am I missing something?

I run these commands:

$ sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386

$ sudo apt-get update

$ sudo apt install libasound2-plugins:i386 libdrm2:i386 libexpat1:i386
libgl1-mesa-glx:i386 libglu1-mesa:i386

I don't know if these are all needed for the latest version of ETL. I needed them all at some point so you may want to try them one package at a time. Even with these packages I still have black fullscreen issues on some version of ETL so I don't think this is the fix you are seeking.

• Like 1

• Solution

Ok now work 😍

and solve

sudo apt-get install ia32-libs 

etlegacy-v2.79.0-i386 work great fullscreen

Thanks everybody..i found help from another page

Edited by 10000
  • Like 1
  • 100 2