Current state of my provinces natural disaster

bLade.

Well in the last week, we’ve had a few pretty traumatic events with our current weather. We’ve had a pretty significant amount of rainfall causing many mudslides and floods in my area as well as within places 3-8 hours away from where I am. We are currently on state of emergency, as our town is next. I may be inactive if it does happen, trying to stay positive in a disheartening situation. Currently we are cut off from any other city/possible supplies as 98% of the highways are flooded or have debris on them. Supplies are very scarce and so is gas, many gas stations are completely shut down. I’ve spent my off time helping prep sandbags and sandbagging as well as countless hours on my families boat rescuing those who are trapped in their homes. Here’s a few pictures, I will add more as time goes on and update accordingly. 

bLade 

4ABE4A00-770D-4AB1-AFA5-9AA93E0DAD2D.jpeg

FD2580FB-D3A4-4B2C-AF70-16662E0CA370.jpeg

1FF35A0B-9142-43E3-AAA9-257421E350E9.jpeg

1210E1CE-F4CA-4202-9272-6D22DE3ACD7B.jpeg

55F142DE-D4E2-44EF-B0BC-AC5C9DA2E8E1.jpeg

CD596738-488C-4437-BA54-31AF762C49BC.jpeg

3F3C452F-9331-4F60-A57F-E7CEE79070DD.jpeg

DCD9484A-24D5-4662-BA4E-8EF4114E3671.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Surprise 6

• Leader

It looks like Weather .com led with a photo of the same location as in two of your shots.

https://weather.com/news/news/2021-11-17-british-columbia-washington-flooding-landslides

Many are calling it a "500-year flood".  

• Like 1
  • Surprise 1
  • 100 1

You are just up from me prayers to you and your family and friends, that was nuts the rain and wind. I am at a loss for words..

Edited by Hulk
  • Like 1

Appreciate your words guys. It’s been a rough week, i currently sleep 2-3 hours a day after working a 10 hour shift and helping the people stranded. I’m not religious but i pray this situation runs it’s course and disappears. It’s been super stressful as our RCMP (Police) prohibit us from now launching our boats and rescuing the people in need. I’m still up from 4 AM this morning and on my way to launch a boat in town away from the useless police and rescue stranded friends and family. Last light was a long night, they’re expecting the highway to be closed for a month which means usual grocery store supplies etc is scarce. Our walmart is baron, people are panic buying and making normal life nuts. The amount of stress i’ve endured is unreal, but i think about my community and their needs. We aren’t a huge community so we try and look out for one another. Service/internet is out, i will try to update this again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

After what had seemed like a break or things getting better after the first storm, storm number two just hit yesterday morning. In less than 24 hours, things are back to where they were in what took 2-3 days the first time. Our military is now down here helping as well, this video was after the first storm at my local lake. 

24 hours in, another state of emergency here where I call home.

• Sad 1
  • Surprise 1