NQ2 trouble connecting solved

Vice86
Go to solution Solved by Vice86,

• Solution

We finally figured out how to get on NQ2. 🥳🥳🥳

You need et legacy "2.76" or "Et 2.6b" and the fav4.pk3 in your NQ mod-folder, which apperently doest autodownload anymore. 

fav4.pk3

https://www.etlegacy.com/download/release/276

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • 100 2

• Leader

That sounds like the old problem of, "ETL does not like special-chars in filenames." 

This is what is in my ET 2.60b NQ folder :

635406258_fav4-pk3specialChars210911.jpg.67bdda32e6921045f33545a76d66dc0c.jpg

I believe that FA added the 'special chars' to some pk3 filenames to ensure that they are loaded last and are guaranteed to be used.  Somehow. 

If the ETL mod 'ignores' the special-chars that the server might ask for it to upload, then the non-special filename would be loaded.  O I Get It Now! 😄

:hmm it might not be that simple. 😄  

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • Platinum VIP

I am having a very hard time getting connected to the server. I have installed 2.76 and got it running. Every time I try to connect to the server ET crashes and opens a link to the FA homepage? This also happened with 2.60b. I have tried /cl_allowdownload 0 and 1 and still either crashed when set to 1 or get the image displayed below when set to 0. Any help would be appreciated! 

I have the nq/zz_nq1 and baserace file in my nq folder already so I'm not sure why it's trying to download it. 

IMG_5646.jpg

IMG_5645.jpg

Edited by nAbish
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, nAbish said:

I am having a very hard time getting connected to the server. I have installed 2.76 and got it running. Every time I try to connect to the server ET crashes and opens a link to the FA homepage? This also happened with 2.60b. I have tried /cl_allowdownload 0 and 1 and still either crashed when set to 1 or get the image displayed below when set to 0. Any help would be appreciated! 

I have the nq/zz_nq1 and baserace file in my nq folder already so I'm not sure why it's trying to download it. 

IMG_5646.jpg

IMG_5645.jpg

2.76 doesn´t seem to be running properly if in mixed installation envoirement with newer versions of ETL.

I´ve had that several times in the past with kaemon from ETL dev team, but they won´t fix it for old versions.

if it´s a clean standalone ETL 2.76 install, without newer versions it should still be operateable.

however

ET2.6b still works like a charm.

Rename your "nq" folder from the 2.6b game installation path (renameing it works also) to something like "nq-backup".

then the game will create a complete new folder called "nq" and will download everything automaticly.

ps.

map files should always go into "etmain" folder. 

let me know how it went @nAbish

Edited by Vice86
  • Thanks 2

• Platinum VIP
3 hours ago, Vice86 said:

ET2.6b still works like a charm.

Rename your "nq" folder from the 2.6b game installation path (renameing it works also) to something like "nq-backup".

then the game will create a complete new folder called "nq" and will download everything automaticly.

Same results

• Sad 1
  • Surprise 1

50 minutes ago, nAbish said:

Same results

let's try figure it out in discord voice chat, 

I think I still got your Cfg somewhere 

• Love 1
  • 100 1

• Platinum VIP

@Vice86 Got me fixed up, I can connect! For some reason my aim is very jumpy on server, including NQ1. Has anyone encountered this problem? 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • 100 1