Sniper Riffles

Cannibal

It seems to me that snper riffles are totaly worthless in BO. They are awkward, slow to aim, slow to hold your breath, and rarly 1 hit kill. To top it off, all the maps seem to be designed to promote run and gunning with almost no good spots to snipe from. Has then been anyone elses experience?

It seems to me that snper riffles are totaly worthless in BO. They are awkward, slow to aim, slow to hold your breath, and rarly 1 hit kill. To top it off, all the maps seem to be designed to promote run and gunning with almost no good spots to snipe from. Has then been anyone elses experience?

ya I would agree with this statement. I've only been sniped a few times in the game. The spawns are a little weird as well so even if you find a decent spot its only a matter of time before someone kills you from behind.

I was sniping on the map where you are on the beach, I forget what it's called. There are a couple tanks on the beach too. But if you go all the way into the water until you cant go back anymore, its a good spot to snipe people running in front of you. Since you can't really get back-raged. But with kill cam, you can't really stay anywhere for more than a few kills.

If you use the L96 any shot in the chest and upper arms will kill in one shot. The only problem I really have with sniping in this game is the spawns can sometimes set you up to get flanked very quickly.

Black Ops brings a new sniping Mechanic to the COD series... This SNIPING is great just 2 problems...first, only 2 good maps to snipe with a zoomed or normal scope (use acog on the other maps...) 2nd The Spawns sucks we all know about it they patching this asap and they might make sniping a bit more easyer since David the MP lead director mention that on Twitter...

Good to see you guys again add me up on steam.... btw...my normal score with l96 is 32-15

Yeah Sniping sucks for any non-sniping-god. *cough* *points at Johnny and Malo and references gods* Its very awkward, Acog..Yes a real type of ACOG, as Malo told me, but its complete shiet. L96 is best sniper. Spawns are terrible. As Usual, you have useless teammates that pick up a loud LMG then just spray a rock wall or something RIGHT NEXT TO YOU AS YOU SNIPE. Then you're pretty much dead. No-scoping is very much harder. Though i say all this, i have gotton some lucky quick scopes, yet Treyarch tried to eliminate it. Oh, and btw, first ever time ive ever quick scoped, is in Black Ops lulz.

All in all, Treyarch found a sniper mascot, kicked him in the balls, gave him squirt guns, told him to snipe in a CQB area, and laughed, then ran away. Jeez, first GOOD CoD Treyarch makes and they turn my favorite guns to shit. I told you guys i hate Treyarch x.x

Edited by General

someone was tellin me about a knock of quick scope tactic for these... get a variable zoom scope an when u spawn put it on that farthest zoom it will go. they said it takes away the scope shake that doesnt allow for it and that they can qs fairly well with it. takes some practice i hear so for u that like that kinda shit might be worth a shot. i on the other hand dont like qs's or sniper rifles so i cant say if it works or not this is just what has been passed to me an i passin it to you. gl if ur into that kinda thing.

You learn the kinks of the guns and their limits fast enough, so choose your attachments based on play preference, not other's recommendations. I'll personally use an extended mag because I play a bit more aggresivly as a sniper, so I want to keep my reload time to a minimum. If not aggresivly, I'll use a thermal scope to increase the effectiveness of my defense by eliminating the effectiveness of smokes and gas for offense

• 4 weeks later...