Share your favorite recipes 🍽

Kaasschaaf

Hi all! 🙋🏼‍♀️

I'm always looking for new recipes!

Thus, as the title states, share your favorite recipes here, so we can discover other kitchens! 😀

Side note; keep it fun! Let's not judge other ones cooking habits.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

https://www.dinneratthezoo.com/baked-rigatoni-pasta-recipe/

@c4sh - thank you so much for that recipe! I made it recently (I absolutely love pasta) and it was so good, I had to make another batch two days after I made the first one. I was eating it for 5 days straight lol.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Here already two really quick and easy recipes:

Quick Butter chicken + Naan

Butter chicken: https://gimmedelicious.com/easy-20-minute-butter-chicken/

Naan: https://thebigmansworld.com/2-ingredient-naan/#recipe

Shakshuka

https://toriavey.com/toris-kitchen/shakshuka/#recipe

More to come; first gonna grab some sleep :)

• Like 2

yees! what a nice topic! I'm always looking for new recipes to innovate and improve my cooking skills! I hope to find something yummy 😛

Francesinha (typical dish of portugal more properly Porto (where i live) https://wetravelportugal.com/francesinha-sandwich/ 

Try this and tell me if u like it :)

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • 100 1

7 hours ago, minerva' said:

Francesinha (typical dish of portugal more properly Porto (where i live) https://wetravelportugal.com/francesinha-sandwich/ 

Try this and tell me if u like it :)

'covered with a beer sauce'. Yeah I definitely need to try this 😍

• 100 1

• Kaasschaaf changed the title to Share your favorite recipes 🍽
5 hours ago, Kaasschaaf said:

'covered with a beer sauce'. Yeah I definitely need to try this 😍

Yes try it, you wont regret it :)

The problem is that it takes a long time to be done.

And in my opinion the francesinha with some fries instead of the potatoes made on the link is much better to accompany. But u do as u wish ofc :)

Edited by minerva'
  • Like 1

Ok....time to bring in the 4 horsemen...the hell i'm Roman why shouldn't I ?!
Some time ago came across this guy on YT and felt like was the first time i've seen someone not from Rome doing these pastas the right way,
kinda "everyone knows how to do it but none does it the right way ! " ...soooo this needs to be shared since these recipes are very easy and requires very little time to prepare

Cacio e Pepe
Gricia
Amatriciana <- Pancetta is ok here, none will feel hurt
Carbonara <- there's 1 mistake here....the Percorino is the only allowed cheese, use very little salt (for all 4 recipes) but don't mix up the cheeses

before you jump on the videos some important tips (#4 is probably the biggest one) :

1- the guy is using mostly spaghetti...but it's ok with short pasta aswell
2- Guanciale is mandatory and so the Percorino... if you can't find it come over to Rome 😎 
3- Pancetta is NOT ok but in case you fail at point 2 you get a pass 
4- no need to cook the pasta in the pan with the water but do yourself a huge favour: KEEP THE  PASTA "al dente" FFS!  , if the bag says cook for 10 mins then cook it for only 8/9 mins 
5- keep the pasta creamy and specially for the Carbonara DO NOT MAKE SCRAMBLED EGGS! (i'll slap you personally if you do that)
6- the eggs you need for the carbonara are: 1 yolk for each guy plus 1 full egg (if alone just use 1 full then scoop out a bit of the white)

Enjoy responsibly ! 😎

• Love 3

16 minutes ago, LarrY said:

Ok....time to bring in the 4 horsemen...the hell i'm Roman why shouldn't I ?!
Some time ago came across this guy on YT and felt like was the first time i've seen someone not from Rome doing these pastas the right way,
kinda "everyone knows how to do it but none does it the right way ! " ...soooo this needs to be shared since these recipes are very easy and requires very little time to prepare

Cacio e Pepe
Gricia
Amatriciana <- Pancetta is ok here, none will feel hurt
Carbonara <- there's 1 mistake here....the Percorino is the only allowed cheese, use very little salt (for all 4 recipes) but don't mix up the cheeses

before you jump on the videos some important tips (#4 is probably the biggest one) :

1- the guy is using mostly spaghetti...but it's ok with short pasta aswell
2- Guanciale is mandatory and so the Percorino... if you can't find it come over to Rome 😎 
3- Pancetta is NOT ok but in case you fail at point 2 you get a pass 
4- no need to cook the pasta in the pan with the water but do yourself a huge favour: KEEP THE  PASTA "al dente" FFS!  , if the bag says cook for 10 mins then cook it for only 8/9 mins 
5- keep the pasta creamy and specially for the Carbonara DO NOT MAKE SCRAMBLED EGGS! (i'll slap you personally if you do that)
6- the eggs you need for the carbonara are: 1 yolk for each guy plus 1 full egg (if alone just use 1 full then scoop out a bit of the white)

Enjoy responsibly ! 😎

I totally love the guys' content! Have watched several video's of him but never tried out his recipes (shame on me!). 

Thanks for sharing and adding some remarks :) will definitely try them out some time. 

16 minutes ago, LarrY said:

And had to laugh of this haha 😂

Want to share this to youuu also. My favourite dish and meal that love every Bosnian and many more Balkan person. 

We are nation of meat and sweetnes. 

Delicious and sweet, maybe you want to try it. 

Bey's soup or Begova Čorba, Tradiotional soup od B&H

8 ounces fresh okra (or 1 string if dried)
Juice from ½ lemon
8 cups water
3 chicken legs with thighs (or 2 chicken legs and 1 thigh)
2 carrots (medium, diced)
1 celery root (or 1 celery stick)
1 teaspoon salt
Pepper to taste
1 bay leaf
2 ounces butter
2–3 tablespoons flour
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon sour cream
1–2 tablespoons parsley
Instructions
Dice okra (or take it off the string) and place in a pot. Cover with 2 cups of water, add lemon juice, and bring to a boil. Boil for 50 minutes on low. Add more water if necessary. Take off heat and drain.
Place chicken, carrots, celery root, salt, pepper and bay leaf into a big pot. Add 6-7 cups of water and bring to a boil on high. Lower the temperature and continue cooking for another hour.
Take the chicken out, take off the skin and dice the meat. Return meat to the pot, and add okra. Bring to a boil, and boil for 10 minutes.
Heat oil in a smaller pan and add flour. Stir vigorously until you get a smooth, light roux. Remove off heat and add to the soup.
Mix egg yolk and sour cream until combined. Add to the soup and stir. Bring to the final boil and boil for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.
Serve with sour cream. 

begova_corba_instagram.jpg.746232411552183be8679e3cc7fb0dbc.jpg

Veal under the baking bell

2 kg of veal (shoulder or leg)
1.5 kg of potatoes
1 clove of garlic
first
1 cup water
oil
Vegeta, salt, pepper

Let it under bell for 1-1,5h, depends on fire

76257496_120339142754464_3848798465429602304_n.thumb.jpg.1f795391197fb206ba5bdf16d7dda3c3.jpg

Baklava

20 sheets phyllo pastry thawed
2 cups crushed roasted nuts divided into three portions
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon salt
250 grams butter melted
For the syrup
¾ cup white sugar
¾ cup honey
¾ cup water
¼ teaspoon lemon juice
INSTRUCTIONS
Preheat the oven to 350F.
Spread the phyllo pastry on your work area and cover with a damp kitchen towel to avoid drying out. If the size of the sheets is not the same as the size of your baking pan, cut the sheets to make sure that they will fit snugly. You can refreeze any excess.
Whisk together the crushed nuts, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
Brush the bottom of the baking pan liberally with melted butter.
Brushing melted butter on phyllo pastry sheets
Carefully lay a phyllo sheet on the bottom of the pan. Dab with melted butter. Repeat until you have a stack of six phyllo sheets all dabbed with melted butter.
Spread one portion of the nuts on the stack of phyllo pastry.
Spreading nuts between stacks of phyllo pastry sheets for making baklava
Make a stack of four phyllo sheets on top of the nuts, each dabbed with melted butter.
Spread the second portion of the nuts on the second stack of phyllo pastry.
Do another stack of four phyllo sheets, all dabbed with butter, then spread the remaining portion of the nuts on top.
For the top layer, make a stack of six phyllo sheets–again, each sheet dabbed with melted butter.
Take a sharp knife and cut the unbaked baklava into two to three-inch squares or diamonds.
Cutting baklava into squares before baking
Bake the baklava at 350F for 30 minutes.
While the baklava bakes, make the syrup by simmering together the sugar, water and honey until the sugar is dissolved. Stir in the lemon juice.
Take the baking pan out of the oven and recut the baklava. Make sure that all pieces are cut all the way through.
Pouring honey over baked baklava
Pour the syrup over the hot baklava. Allow to soak for a few hours before serving.

baklava-6.thumb.jpg.f58e4f6e31426227b9e21e328e4523cf.jpg

And yeah this 3 dishes i make every day on job ffs🤣🔥

Edited by Night Train
  • Like 4

Today's work on job : Swetness : Tulumba-Traditional Bosnian food. 

It takes my 1h from work to do this 6 portion's dish'es. 

Take a look. Maybe try to make it. 

6 apples (granny smith)
Syrup:
16 ounces water
25 ounces sugar
1/2 lemon (juice)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Filling:
3.5 ounces hot milk
5 ounces ground walnuts
1.5 ounce butter
2 tablespoons sugar
Whipped cream
A couple of whole walnuts

Instructions:
Wash apples well, then peel them. Cut out the core as if you’re making small cups out of each apple. Make sure to take out all seeds, and try not to drill through to the other side. (Use a grapefruit spoon for easier coring.) Set peel from one apple aside.
In a larger pot, pour water, sugar, vanilla extract, lemon juice and apple peel. Bring to boil on high. Stir often, and lower to medium and add apples. Boil apples 5 to 7 minutes on both sides. (Cooking time here will depend on the type of apples you are using, and your stove. Make sure they don’t overcook or they’ll fall apart, or they undercook and stay hard.) Remove off heat.
Take apples out of the syrup and transfer to a deeper bowl to cool down for 30 minutes. Keep the syrup.
Meanwhile, prep the filling. Cover walnuts with hot milk, and leave them aside for 15 minutes until they incorporate together. Melt butter over medium, add sugar, and stir well. Add to walnuts and stir until completely incorporated.
Fill each apple with about 2-3 teaspoons of the filling. Pour syrup over them and leave in the fridge until ready to serve.
Decorate with walnuts and whipped cream before serving.

bosnian-walnut-stuffed-apples-recipe-tufahije-00-1.thumb.jpg.8a01fa4dd2f696ef217e4f69b801cc1c.jpg

• Like 2
  • Surprise 1
  • 100 1

6 hours ago, Night Train said:

Today's work on job : Swetness : Tulumba-Traditional Bosnian food. 

It takes my 1h from work to do this 6 portion's dish'es. 

Take a look. Maybe try to make it. 

6 apples (granny smith)
Syrup:
16 ounces water
25 ounces sugar
1/2 lemon (juice)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Filling:
3.5 ounces hot milk
5 ounces ground walnuts
1.5 ounce butter
2 tablespoons sugar
Whipped cream
A couple of whole walnuts

Instructions:
Wash apples well, then peel them. Cut out the core as if you’re making small cups out of each apple. Make sure to take out all seeds, and try not to drill through to the other side. (Use a grapefruit spoon for easier coring.) Set peel from one apple aside.
In a larger pot, pour water, sugar, vanilla extract, lemon juice and apple peel. Bring to boil on high. Stir often, and lower to medium and add apples. Boil apples 5 to 7 minutes on both sides. (Cooking time here will depend on the type of apples you are using, and your stove. Make sure they don’t overcook or they’ll fall apart, or they undercook and stay hard.) Remove off heat.
Take apples out of the syrup and transfer to a deeper bowl to cool down for 30 minutes. Keep the syrup.
Meanwhile, prep the filling. Cover walnuts with hot milk, and leave them aside for 15 minutes until they incorporate together. Melt butter over medium, add sugar, and stir well. Add to walnuts and stir until completely incorporated.
Fill each apple with about 2-3 teaspoons of the filling. Pour syrup over them and leave in the fridge until ready to serve.
Decorate with walnuts and whipped cream before serving.

bosnian-walnut-stuffed-apples-recipe-tufahije-00-1.thumb.jpg.8a01fa4dd2f696ef217e4f69b801cc1c.jpg

Oh my god those dishes look so delicious.   One of these days I am gonna have to try them

• Thanks 1