Invalid Game Folder Error

KittyZAZI

When trying to join certain servers (mostly Jaymod type servers), I am getting an error for "Invalid Game Folder" that doesn't allow me to join. I don't get this error when trying to join servers running Silent Mod. I also have been experiencing more crashing in ET. For example, my game crashed four times in one hour while I was playing on FA Hardcore late last week. I don't know if the two issues are in any way related. I updated to the latest version of legacy the other day but I am still having these problems. 

I'm a total noob when it comes to solving these problems. 

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. 

Thanks.

• Like 1

Hey there .

Sometimes I get also got kicked from whole game , coming back to etmain mod , switching from Silent to Jay1 but that doesnt irritate me .

You said that youre using now ETLegacy , can you check before joining the server your name/nick ingame , cuz when I started ETLegacy in beggining after install i got no name even without ETLPlayer, that makes me kicked from server's for no name.

Also did you have your own cfg or did you downloaded it , did you re-writed it ? After crashing the game what error do you get?

PC/laptop? commponents?

Edited by Night Train
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. Thanks for responding.

My name seems to be working fine. I don't have any 'no name' issues. 

I have only ever used the default config. I'm not computer savvy enough to re-write anything.

I also want to add that I am now getting the "Invalid Game Folder" error when joining nearly ever server regardless of mod type.  

I play on a PC: 

Processor            Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz   3.41 GHz

Installed RAM    16.0 GB

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti

The error I get when I get kicked out: 

WARNING FS_FileExists: empty fileName
SQLite3 can't close database - not active.
FS_InitFilesystem: Original game data files not found.

Please copy pak0.pk3, pak1.pk3 and pak2.pk3 from the 'etmain' path of your Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory installation to:

".\etmain"

SDL input devices shut down.

Edited by KittyZAZI
Add clarifying comment

• Leader
3 hours ago, KittyZAZI said:

The error I get when I get kicked out: 

Are you using an ETLegacy installation or an ET 2.60b ?

A quick search indicates that you might be using ETLegacy:

etlegacy/db_sqlite3.c at master - GitHubhttps://github.com › etlegacy › blob › master › src › db

ET: Legacy is an open source project based on the code of Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory which was ... 

Com_Printf("SQLite3 can't close database - not active.

9 hours ago, KittyZAZI said:

WARNING FS_FileExists: empty fileName
SQLite3 can't close database - not active.
FS_InitFilesystem: Original game data files not found.

Please copy pak0.pk3, pak1.pk3 and pak2.pk3 from the 'etmain' path of your Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory installation to:

".\etmain"

SDL input devices shut down.

This is the important part.

Your game isn't finding the main pk3 files that it needs to run. I think when you install ET Legacy you need to point it towards a pre-existing 2.60b installation so it can copy those files and use them. 

Go to your \etmain\ folder inside the ET installation that you are using and make sure those files are there. If they're not, reinstall ET to another folder and then copy the needed files across to the installation you want to use. You can download it from here:

Afterwards you can then delete the 'new' installation.

If you have your ET installed inside your C:\program files (x86)\ folder, you should move that somewhere else, for example: C:\Games\ET\ as it can cause you a lot of problems when ET is inside C:\program files (x86)\.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 100 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank ElEl, your explanation that I need pak0.pk3, pak1.pk3, and pak2.pk3 in my etmain folder for my ET installation is helpful but my etmain folder already contains these files: 

image.png.21caf5bd92d4afb024dae50e65a1cf6f.png

I also have another ET Legacy version on my computer in a different folder (2.76) and it has all of the same problems, even though these same pk3 files are in that folder's etmain folder. 

I'm wondering whether I should uninstall both of my ET Legacy versions (2.76 and 2.77) and then reinstall 2.77. Originally, my game was working fine on 2.76. Now, after installing 2.77 both are suddenly not working.

If you're having problems with a game, reinstalling usually helps a lot. I would imagine that the directory you have your pak0 in isn't the one your ETLegacy is looking for or there's something wrong with the existing pak0.pk3 file which is why it's returning empty fileName. Are you launching the game from the C:\Games\ETLegacy folder? Are you also running the game with administrator privileges?

I just installed 2.76 and then installed 2.77 to a different directory and both versions work for me. 

Try uninstall both of them and then install 2.77 on it its own, I looked up the errors and it fixed the issue for quite a few people by just reinstalling. 

• Like 1