Got something for you ;)

Darkin Man

• Administrators
On 6/3/2021 at 5:25 AM, Darkin Man said:

I'd need to get a general opinion about what the players finds "acceptable" as buyable features.

F2P mode is successful if the game is. I suggest, keep initial versions free, make it popular and introduce buyable features later. 

Rome wasn't build in a day and neither is any game. My suggestion: Give the nice admin tools to server admin so they can manage the server. Give good game play to players and then take it from their. 

On 6/3/2021 at 5:25 AM, Darkin Man said:

- Forced next map tokens (when used, set the next map to be played on the current server to the map the user will choose), 1 time usage, after using, the user will have to complete 5 matches to be able to use a new token, sold per packs of 3 / 5 / 10).

Bad idea. Someone buys the token, forces other 50 users to play the map they don't like and players leave. Rather introduce, with pay option give skin guns, instead of 4 bombs for ex: give 5 bombs for xx maps. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, daredevil said:

F2P mode is successful if the game is. I suggest, keep initial versions free, make it popular and introduce buyable features later. 

Rome wasn't build in a day and neither is any game. My suggestion: Give the nice admin tools to server admin so they can manage the server. Give good game play to players and then take it from their. 

Bad idea. Someone buys the token, forces other 50 users to play the map they don't like and players leave. Rather introduce, with pay option give skin guns, instead of 4 bombs for ex: give 5 bombs for xx maps. 

Actually, I don't really know how the game will handle the multiplayer stuff at Day-1. Creating all the tools for anyone to setup and run a server will definitely increase the development duration, so I don't really know if it will be included in the V1.0 of the game (for sure it will be in the future). 

And for the "force map" tokens, it is a simple idea, and be sure that it will be tweaked to provide the best possible experience to the players, but to give some additional satisfaction for the players who are spending some money in the game (it will be needed if you hope some updates & DLC).

But in the way I imagined it, it's more like "After you played and completed 5 games, you can spend some bucks to choose the next map, as long as nobody else in the game did it before, and after that, you'll have to play another 5 maps to choose it again", so in this way you'll have to be at least 5 "friends" to choose every maps of a cycle, but I can still add a sort of cooldown, let's say of 2 hours. 

As I said, it's nothing more than an idea, and it will probably be a question that will be included in a future poll I'll post on the Discord server, because this kind of decision can have a too big impact on the player's experience to decide alone how it should be integrated and tweaked.

• Like 1
  • 100 1