Got something for you ;)

Darkin Man

33 minutes ago, Darkin Man said:

Thanks guys, a trickjump map will be ready anytime soon, so check my Artstation account to see the results when it will get published.

New trick jump map? Now we're talking! I'll be keepin an eye out!

Whatsup! I've played with you a few times in silent 1, welcome to forums. See you around man!

Welcome to the forums @Darkin ManMan .  sorry for the extra "Man" silly auto correct🤔 that project you are doing is amazing keep it up so cool that people out there are still playing the greatest FPS game ever made andare willing to work with it and improve it to keep a legend alive. Surprised Cat GIF p.s. is there anything that you can do to make the weapons sound better?? I know that there is some files out there that have amazing gun sounds and G-nade shrapnel sounds but can you add it in the game?

@Dink the Clown Actually I planned to be exclusively using the original sounds, because for me, that's an entire part of the game's charm, but if I can, I'm absolutely able to put an option to switch between legacy and reworked sounds, for weapons, steps, even voices, but to be honest, that's gonna be pretty long to implement it, and it would also require a professional sound designer, who's gonna ask me some money, which will be tough in my situation, so I don't think that I'm gonna focus on that part for now.

Edited by Darkin Man
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Darkin Man said:

Mr_Men_Gamma_Jumps Map is available to preview on my Artstation account : https://www.artstation.com/artwork/WKqdRy

Nice!! Now thats a fun trick jump map and def one of my favorites. Looks great!

• Platinum VIP

Salut mec ! 

Welcome to the forum. Nice project you got there, really cool stuff. Keep it up man !!

On 5/30/2021 at 9:03 AM, Darkin Man said:

@Dink the Clown Actually I planned to be exclusively using the original sounds, because for me, that's an entire part of the game's charm, but if I can, I'm absolutely able to put an option to switch between legacy and reworked sounds, for weapons, steps, even voices, but to be honest, that's gonna be pretty long to implement it, and it would also require a professional sound designer, who's gonna ask me some money, which will be tough in my situation, so I don't think that I'm gonna focus on that part for now.

No worries man.  Awesome job though keep it up, didn't hurt to ask had no idea that it would take such an effort for sounds, sounds like a lot of work in order to remake games and changing certain things.    Thanks for reply thanks thank you gif GIF

4 hours ago, Dink the Clown said:

No worries man.  Awesome job though keep it up, didn't hurt to ask had no idea that it would take such an effort for sounds, sounds like a lot of work in order to remake games and changing certain things.    Thanks for reply thanks thank you gif GIF

Just to give you an idea, for my side of the job, it would consist to add a button to switch between legacy and reworked mode on every 1084 audio files you can listen in the game, wherever they're used, from the footsteps to the voice announcer, passing by maps's sound like doors opening, command post's radio, construction sound, ect, and without taking in count the maps that are using custom audio files, like for "Special_Delivery" (when the loading doors are opening, when the elevator open). Actually, developing a game isn't that hard (even easier if you can use game-ready assets, like map geometry for my case), but it takes very long time to make everything working properly, when you have the chance to make things works exactly as intended, which is a pretty rare situation 😂

• Like 1
  • Surprise 1

Hey guys,

I'd to ask you the questions I had about the micro-transaction's integration in my project, because I want to make this game a F2P.
I'd need to get a general opinion about what the players finds "acceptable" as buyable features.

Here is the list of the few ideas I had for now, but because I can integrate some of these features right now, I'd like to know which one I should work on (the sooner I work on it, the easier it's gonna be) : 

- Weapon skins, only visible in Trickjump and Panzerwar modes, ETPro have to remain competitive by keeping everything the same for all the players, even if weapon skins might not do a huge difference in the gameplay's readability (personal opinion, might change in the future)
- Enhanced Player Stats Tracker (the basic one being free for anyone), with some additional features as a reset button, some more specific stats,... etc
- Gamma Jump's skip tokens (when used, skip the current gamma you're in front of and teleport to the next one), 1 time usage, sold per packs of 10 / 25 / 50 / 100 (Trickjump mode specific feature)
- Forced next map tokens (when used, set the next map to be played on the current server to the map the user will choose), 1 time usage, after using, the user will have to complete 5 matches to be able to use a new token, sold per packs of 3 / 5 / 10).

Thanks in advance for the replies you'll provide me,
Have a nice day,

Darkin Man

PS : I'm working on a Discord server to allow anyone to follow the development progress as close as possible, with some exclusive infos and preview, I'll share you the link when it'll be ready.

• 100 1

• 2 weeks later...