Problem with autoscreenshot and finger

Mad Doc
Go to solution Solved by DeKing,

Hello,
I switched from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have no problem running ET but after a few days, I noticed that
- bind keys were gone (not a big deal)
- i could not find autocreenshot and finger files in their usual folders in Jaymod (I play only on Jay2).
Any idea?

• Like 1

You use Legacy? or 2.60b? 

Your precedents folders were on your Documents or directly in the Game install ? 

When you take ss and condump in console you see that it's saved? 

Bind keys are normally on your etconfig file (Jaymod/Profiles/yourname)

If you saved it you can try to restore it.

I will need the answers to help more after 😛 

• Like 2
  • 100 1

I dont use win 10 so not sure where they kept but try searching your computer for  shot0   or also the name of the map eg adlernest  and you will find them i think its in appdata somewhere

• Like 2

It is not system dependent. If you have ET2.60b and you've moved the game to another drive, this should work. If you have ETL and you haven't transferred your documents, you won't have etkey. With that, too, no administration commands, nor XP.

• Like 2
  • 100 1

If you're using ET:Legacy, condumps, screenshots and demos should be in users/documents/etlegacy/jaymod folder.

If you dont see them there, ingame do /condump TestCondump or /screenshotjpeg TestScreenshot and use search function on your pc to find those files and see the location.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DeKing said:

You use Legacy? or 2.60b? 

ET 2.60b

Your precedents folders were on your Documents or directly in the Game install ? 

In the Game install, in the Jaymod folder

When you take ss and condump in console you see that it's saved? 

Yes

3 hours ago, MikeSlayer said:

I dont use win 10 so not sure where they kept but try searching your computer for  shot0   or also the name of the map eg adlernest  and you will find them i think its in appdata somewhere

I have tried that, giving a name to a screenshot and looking for it on the computer, but W10 doesn't seem to find anything... Maybe due to my hacked version...🤔

3 hours ago, FILIPE said:

It is not system dependent. If you have ET2.60b and you've moved the game to another drive, this should work. If you have ETL and you haven't transferred your documents, you won't have etkey. With that, too, no administration commands, nor XP.

I just installed W10, I didn't move the game, it is in the same folder on c:\Program Files

Edited by Mad Doc
  • 100 1

With Win10 and 2.60b it's still at the same place, in the Game install, the SS should be at the same place

How did you update it to win10? You saved all your files or you put them back after the update? Oh I see you answered..

You still run it in administrator? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DeKing said:

How did you update it to win10? You saved all your files or you put them back after the update?

No, I just ran W10. I knew I would keep all my files - though in hindsight, I should have saved my cfg.

3 minutes ago, DeKing said:

You still run it in administrator? 

No, I just play it "normally".

• Solution
4 minutes ago, Mad Doc said:

No, I just play it "normally".

I think win 10 don't allow you to write on Game install folder, just try to run it as administrator and tell me ;) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 100 1

• Platinum VIP
On 5/6/2021 at 3:20 PM, DeKing said:

I think win 10 don't allow you to write on Game install folder, just try to run it as administrator and tell me ;) 

True. You have to right click the Install folder and change security settings and apply to subfolders

Edited by -=HipKat=-
  • Thanks 1