ET.cfg how do I put in, "vsay" on?

OpsVixen
Go to solution Solved by Broham,

I cannot put the voice on my et.cfg since it is not on there. What are the commands I need to put on there for vsay, global, team, etc? the game et.cfg does not put them in, and I do not know where to find them in this Board, as I dont use this board often, as I am still kinda new to using .cfgs?

thx mates!

OpsVixen||

see file dl

etconfig.cfg

• Leader
5 hours ago, OpsVixen said:

still kinda new to using .cfgs?

When you "edit" config files, the first thing that you should do is to make a copy of the original config file so that you can restore it if things go FUBAR 😄

If you edit a line in a config, it is good practice to put // on the line in front of the original line, making it a comment, which can be restored later.  I also use an online backup service which may mean that I have up to 30 daily copies of the same "dynamic" file. 

If I do edit a line, I like to do it this way:

//bind x "say I am the Greates!"

//edited 24Jan21 at 0355

bind x "say I am the Most Average of ALL! 😄 " 

• Like 2

/vsay

/vsay_team

/say_buddy  (there is no vsay_buddy)

a regular bind should be as followed : bind [key to press] vsay [the vsay code you'll find in Broham's post] [your text]

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Awesome you guys! Well said! I will put them in my .cfgs w backups, and see how they go. Cannot understand why the et.exe cfg does not manufacture v_say like it does in RTCW, and you can, "cut and paste".

Love Funny GIF by MyPostcard

seta com_hunkMegs "50000" *this is memory usage setting, I use "192" However, It cannot be set while connected to a server
seta r_primitives "0" *"2" is recommended for slightly better FPS
seta snaps "100" *Snapshots - usually "20", Based upon Server FPS=20
seta rate "25000" *this is too low, "50000"
seta sensitivity "5.000000" *5 sensitivity is default, Much too high, I use "1.6"
seta com_maxfps "250" *"125" I recommend