Thoughts on Pokemon in 2021?

Corey

I'm just curious what other people think about Pokemon in 2021? I haven't collected the cards since I was a kid in the 90s (which I still have), but these days it seems like it's more popular than ever. I started paying attention to it again last March when America started going into quarantine mode and it seems to have picked up even more since then. Does anyone out there collect or invest in it?

I'm into more of the original Pokemon since that is what I grew up with. It makes my head spin whenever I see all the new ones they have added lol. I haven't bothered trying to get into the cards again because the market is so crazy right now, but I did have to scratch that Pokemon itch by re-buying the original game boy games and playing them.

• Like 1
  • 100 1

I was more Yu-Gi-Oh for Cards 😛 

I Like pokemon too, I don't understand all the evolutions haha but that's always a pleasure to put Pokemon in my GameBoy Color, and just play it everywhere :) 

But yes everything of that begin to cost a lot...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DeKing said:

I was more Yu-Gi-Oh for Cards 😛 

I Like pokemon too, I don't understand all the evolutions haha but that's always a pleasure to put Pokemon in my GameBoy Color, and just play it everywhere :) 

But yes everything of that begin to cost a lot...

Yeah, as the 2nd gen Pokemon started coming out I was getting into Yu-Gi-Oh. It was fun, different, and it seemed less of a kids game.

• Like 2

Good to hear pokemon is doing well! Not into the newer regions/games, however the games up until, and including pokemon platinum were a lot of fun. Really felt like you were inside the game, exploring. Sometimes I still play romhacks of these older games. 

As for the anime, even though it was quite predictable, it was often wholesome and a joy to watch as a kid. 

@Corey you mentioning Yu-Gi-Oh seemed less of a kids game reminds me of the Yu-Gi-Oh abridged series 😛.   Still salty my parents just sold my cards back in the day!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hi Guys, I didn't know FA forums have a Pokemon Go thread... I am comparatively new to Pokemon Go and would love to get to know some of you there as well (if anyone is still playing it) 

Here's my trainer code - 6225 8453 0961

Feel free to send requests 

Will be actively doing raids and stuff and if possible trades 😄

Also I have opened a new channel for PokemonGo recently and I really want some support for it

Here is the link to the channel - 

https://youtube.com/channel/UCpJdWMmdBI9XwboF9_zIOPg

Please, like, share and subscribe for more contents which I will be uploading different contents related to it

The Help will Really be Appreciated 😄