Using VPN on =F|A= W:ET servers

Damir

Hello,

Can someone please shortly explain to me what is the exact problem with using VPN on =F|A= W:ET servers? I saw some explanation considering cheaters, and people who harassing other players, etc. I consider myself a regular ET player for years (not counting last 4 years of pause). I am also using VPN for years. I pay for VPN subscription and have over 30 available countries. Since it is not an option for me to turn VPN off due to security reasons, is there some workaround to let me using VPN on your ET servers, like using it on any other server around the globe?

Since now, I was banned from Italian and Romanian VPN until 2035-12-31. Today fastest VPN server was Netherlands, so I connected to =F|A= and asked few admins to help me sort this out.

Heck, I turned on JavaScript to be able to post this, and get a list of 13 sniffers, trolling on my windows and doors. :)
Just kidding. No sniffing around my computer, but I prefer HTML 5. :)

I would like to thank to Tipsy who encouraged me to post this issue here.

Happy holidays.

• Like 5

I'm sure if you give admin @daredevil a list of the VPN IP's you use they could possibly be white listed for the site and servers??

I think the whole VPN ban is as stated to stop the hackers of this world but coming and asking and giving IP's seems a sensible option.

• Like 1

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Damir said:

I saw some explanation considering cheaters, and people who harassing other players, etc.

You answered your own question. Unless you have legitimate reason to use proxy, I can not whitelist it. 

4 hours ago, Damir said:

Since it is not an option for me to turn VPN off due to security reasons,

Then VPN which you are using is itself not that secure. I can whitelist business VPN or proxies but if you are using public purchased VPN's - then I have no intention to whitelist unless you provide more reasons on 'security concerns'. I hope you know that no one sells your ET engine related data and in fact playing on bad server can result in server admin sending bad pk3's to you and their by being more security issue. 

If you have static VPN - I can whitelist i.e. business, office, etc. but if you are using one of those proxy shield free or paid VPN's - sadly, my answer will be no. I know a lot of servers which are plagued with cheaters where public cheats, VPN cheaters, etc are being used and admins take no effort to ban them. We are just trying to provide cheat free and trouble free environment to our players.

If you play fair and are no trouble maker - I don't see any reason why you can't use your own real IP. I am open for suggestions and feedback and based on that I can whitelist or keep as is. 

• Like 5
  • 100 4

• Administrators
23 hours ago, Gladiator said:

I think in the past there was few cheaters and troublemakers wich used VPN to hide. 

Just to add to your line: This has been the case - past, present and future. 

On website Proxy users might see the error message:

image.png

• Like 1

People like hackers are also my biggest concern, and for that reason, I can't provide a list of used IP addresses. Safe or not from your POV, this VPN does the job for me. Even this forum not recognizes I am on VPN at this moment, and I am able to read and post messages. With all due respect, so much about security and fight against hackers. I can provide screenshots, but not sure that "non JavaScript" settings will allow me to do this.
If this means early quit playing on =F|A= servers, well, "c'est la vie".
Thanks for all who spent some time to read and clarify this for me. I appreciate it.

• Administrators

So you are concerned for hackers and hence you want to use VPN but when we are concerned for hackers and cheaters - you ask us to allow VPN? I am sorry, I am really confused here. What is the logic here? 

• Like 1
  • 100 2

I do understand there's a conflict of interests. We both have our reasons, but giving someone a list of IP addresses on forum is like giving a bank account details for me.
I didn't asked admins to turn off VPN protection, that's misunderstanding. I just hoped that there was some "trick" that would satisfy both parties. Now I see that this is not possible and I thanked everyone for participating in the discussion.

• Thanks 1