TRACKBASE: NEW GAME TRACKER

Trackbase.Paul

Don't forget me :(

I'm just right behind dtec, and honestly I dont think he cares enough about jaymod to achieve "The max rate" on tb, he has nice ppms and rate already, and i'm sure he has better things to do, like ettv ;)

Don't forget me :(

I'm just right behind dtec, and honestly I dont think he cares enough about jaymod to achieve "The max rate" on tb, he has nice ppms and rate already, and i'm sure he has better things to do, like ettv ;)

yeh i mean was just saying since he is already on top 10 so wouldnt be much more effort from ther., also u mean he is busy with offis not "ettv" , cuz if u say ettv is like he was busy watching ettv and not playing For ettv :P

Is this supposed to be an insult?

zomg nu! Kiss more ass and you're stuff won't get deleted is all I meant. Sorry it wasn't clearer in such and important thread. Too much hash oil and crank :/ Oh btw did you get the wedding photos from hammer and devil's wedding online yet? :)

He needs drama .. ignore him

Yes, something like the Mahabharata, only shorter and fora friendly. :thanks

zomg nu! Kiss more ass and you're stuff won't get deleted is all I meant. Sorry it wasn't clearer in such and important thread. Too much hash oil and crank :/ Oh btw did you get the wedding photos from hammer and devil's wedding online yet? :)

lol how did I know it was you? :D

yes, I forwarded the photos to ZomG :yahoo

Not only are we too cheap to buy other games, but we realize how different ET is from any other FPS game out there. We see that all the team deathmatch games don't come close to the teamwrok needed in ET.

Not to mention how much more skill is required in ET, as combat is drawn out for longer, trick-jump knowledge etc etc.. For example, one of my friends who plays ET, not amazing, but played a bit of CoD6, and raped ass. But I do lol at how people discuss K/D and noobtubers at school.

I was also thinking about the call of duty series :)

About the sigs: they will follow soon :)

Any idea on how to deal with boosters?

Ok i've read the thread a few times and i've also been and had a gander around the SL forums and what not and here are my thoughts (no doubt will upset a few raters but not my intent).

I like the idea of a rating system and an accurate one would be great but from what i see those systems like SL and this one are not very accurate at all when it comes to telling you who is actually a good player, instead they give an ego boost to those who are not only good on easy servers but also those who are "pro" at manipulating these rating systems. I've played many servers over the years and i've had the forutune of playing with real professional players yet the only ones who will ever be at the top of these tracker systems are the ones who do play easy servers and those who manipulate the rating system.

I think a tracker that splits the server types and shows a true picture of who is good is the only way i'll ever think different....you cant possibly compair a Jaymod server with 40+ players, no FF and 8sec spawns to an ETpro server running SW, FF on and only 20 players yet rate systems do and those who play the easier servers gain a much higher rating. In reality 9/10 of the SL and TB top 10 would no doubt get pwned to fook on a proper etpro server....but they are according to these rating systems the "better" player???

I play the FA hardcore server and the players on there IMHO are far better than most on the jaymod ones yet they rate much lower because of various reasons, the main is that the servers are so different setup wise yet not when it comes to rating those players on them.

A system that devides the server mods and setups is the only way to find out who IS the best rather than a system thats easily manipulated...... for instance i'd say those at the top of a rating system that rates etpro mod servers using default cfgs are in another league to those who play jaymod servers running no FF, 8 sec spawn times etc. Same with FF on or off, on some servers you lose XP for TK's so how can you compair the so many different server types to one another without the system having major flaws.

You only have to look at the servers the top rated SL players play to see how easily manipulated the system is, i also bet you'll be hard pushed to find a top10 player who plays a hard server with at least FF on.

Change the rating system so it doesn't include servers that are easy setups with their FF off, 8 sec spawns etc etc otherwise its just another rating system that shows who is the top "Noobkiller" in the world and thats manipulated by the wannabee so called "pro" players LMFAO.

This post BTW is in no way having a dig at those who do the rating systems, its more a dig at the way the rating is calculated and a dig at those who are good at noobkilling yet think they are pro. :P :P

Oh and FWIW i like the look of TB better than SL and i also like the more instant calculations of TB as oppose to SL.

Re:

KiN

Edited by KiN

Ok i've read the thread a few times and i've also been and had a gander around the SL forums and what not and here are my thoughts (no doubt will upset a few raters but not my intent).

I like the idea of a rating system and an accurate one would be great but from what i see those systems like SL and this one are not very accurate at all when it comes to telling you who is actually a good player, instead they give an ego boost to those who are not only good on easy servers but also those who are "pro" at manipulating these rating systems. I've played many servers over the years and i've had the forutune of playing with real professional players yet the only ones who will ever be at the top of these tracker systems are the ones who do play easy servers and those who manipulate the rating system.

I think a tracker that splits the server types and shows a true picture of who is good is the only way i'll ever think different....you cant possibly compair a Jaymod server with 40+ players, no FF and 8sec spawns to an ETpro server running SW, FF on and only 20 players yet rate systems do and those who play the easier servers gain a much higher rating. In reality 9/10 of the SL and TB top 10 would no doubt get pwned to fook on a proper etpro server....but they are according to these rating systems the "better" player???

I play the FA hardcore server and the players on there IMHO are far better than most on the jaymod ones yet they rate much lower because of various reasons, the main is that the servers are so different setup wise yet not when it comes to rating those players on them.

A system that devides the server mods and setups is the only way to find out who IS the best rather than a system thats easily manipulated...... for instance i'd say those at the top of a rating system that rates etpro mod servers using default cfgs are in another league to those who play jaymod servers running no FF, 8 sec spawn times etc. Same with FF on or off, on some servers you lose XP for TK's so how can you compair the so many different server types to one another without the system having major flaws.

You only have to look at the servers the top rated SL players play to see how easily manipulated the system is, i also bet you'll be hard pushed to find a top10 player who plays a hard server with at least FF on.

Change the rating system so it doesn't include servers that are easy setups with their FF off, 8 sec spawns etc etc otherwise its just another rating system that shows who is the top "Noobkiller" in the world and thats manipulated by the wannabee so called "pro" players LMFAO.

This post BTW is in no way having a dig at those who do the rating systems, its more a dig at the way the rating is calculated and a dig at those who are good at noobkilling yet think they are pro. :P :P

Oh and FWIW i like the look of TB better than SL and i also like the more instant calculations of TB as oppose to SL.

Re:

KiN

What a well thought out and executed post. I agree on the face of things with all of your points.

I think though you miss the point of TB and SL. These trackers are and the rating system IMO is meant for the recreational player as a way of having some goal to reach(if rating is their thing)

Real Pro players also understand that They will never be on top of SL or TB because Competion play has nothing to do with Frags ans PPM it has to do with teamwork and objective based play.

People think because they watch edited frag movie that ET competion is like that.

Go and watch these matches live on ETTV and you will see the same kind of play as you do when us LOW- scrimmers play.

I garuntee if I had saved demos of my best et kills You wouldnt need to be Steven Speilberg to make me look like a pro.

I did an experiment 6 month ago and proved that I can raise my rating without raising my skill just by caring about it.

Let the guys who get their enjoyment rating have it. as long as they play fair and respect OUR servers.

I think though you miss the point of TB and SL. These trackers are and the rating system IMO is meant for the recreational player as a way of having some goal to reach(if rating is their thing)

Real Pro players also understand that They will never be on top of SL or TB because Competion play has nothing to do with Frags ans PPM it has to do with teamwork and objective based play.

People think because they watch edited frag movie that ET competion is like that.

Go and watch these matches live on ETTV and you will see the same kind of play as you do when us LOW- scrimmers play.

I garuntee if I had saved demos of my best et kills You wouldnt need to be Steven Speilberg to make me look like a pro.

I did an experiment 6 month ago and proved that I can raise my rating without raising my skill just by caring about it.

Let the guys who get their enjoyment rating have it. as long as they play fair and respect OUR servers.

I totally agree with what your saying and i do get that SL and TB are more meant to be recreational.

I too have done the same experiment as yourself (many times in fact) regarding proving its easy to up your rate simply by caring if you complete 2/3 of a session etc so i understand what yor saying and where your coming from. Just annoys when you have peeps who are generally not that good yet because they have a high SL rating they give it large kinda thing. So i think my post was more my own sly b*** slap towards those who take rates too seriously if i'm honest. :D

Anyway your quite right in your post m8 and i will ofc leave raters to their systems.

Knowing who is better than me and who aint is more than enough for me and i certainly dont need a rating system to tell me as its usually clear within the first few firefights who the better player is.

I've also done my fair share of scrims, CB and ETTV over the years so again i agree and understand what your getting at regarding looking good etc.

Thanks for the reply.

Re:

KiN

I totally agree with what your saying and i do get that SL and TB are more meant to be recreational.

I too have done the same experiment as yourself (many times in fact) regarding proving its easy to up your rate simply by caring if you complete 2/3 of a session etc so i understand what yor saying and where your coming from. Just annoys when you have peeps who are generally not that good yet because they have a high SL rating they give it large kinda thing. So i think my post was more my own sly b*** slap towards those who take rates too seriously if i'm honest. :D

Anyway your quite right in your post m8 and i will ofc leave raters to their systems.

Knowing who is better than me and who aint is more than enough for me and i certainly dont need a rating system to tell me as its usually clear within the first few firefights who the better player is.

I've also done my fair share of scrims, CB and ETTV over the years so again i agree and understand what your getting at regarding looking good etc.

Thanks for the reply.

Re:

KiN

I do sympathize with your bitchslap I for 1 hate getting spawned raped by adre whore who is counting ppm in their head. Yet If i had a chance to spawn rape other team I would too lol

Re:

KiN

i have to say, as a rater, that i am not upset by ur post, i just think u lack a little of knowledge of whats going on and u are generalizing to much here.

., since u mention the "pro" players so much, and i am in the Pro* clan, i feel ur kinda talking about me and my clan there.

I speak in my case to say i do not manipulate the system to get on top, now if u say i manipulate the system to get on top maybe u havent see me play : http://yfrog.com/na20100618000718goldrushjx

2nd, Ofc this trackjing and splatter tracking system is popular among jaymod , nq and even etpub, not etpro, as it is extremely hard to make a high ppm in etpro servers, but that doesnt mean that we are a bunch of nubs who dont kno what etpro is or never play it, as another example i went to crossfire slac pub yesterday , i did 54 kills but 19 deaths, which would be a "shi.t" score in a jaymod server but its decent in etpro, but i go check the rating system and i did only 13ppm, so there is no point trying to rate in these kinda servers for rating.

quote u : "i also bet you'll be hard pushed to find a top10 player who plays a hard server with at least FF on."

you lost ur bet mate, look at the top 10 trackbase, u can find for example dtec7, which is an etpro player, ofc he doesnt rate in etpro servers, but he plays etpro regulary and cups and sh.it.

To end, again i say u have a general wrong idea of whats going on, we as Pro* clan, which is a TAG , never said we are "real professional gamers in real life" , we are not comparing our selves with real professional gamers like maus, olbaa, and well in general the guys who attend lans and play for money. We are simply a rating clan who use the tag pro* cuz since the beggining we tend to have the best players arround, and we dont ,manipulate shi.t come show me when u get 198 kills in a map and 35ppm.

Your post was to "slap towards raters who take it too seriously". = what u want us to tell u lol, ur yet another hater who have no clue about anything and u come and say a bunch of incorrect stuff lol, hope with the explanation i did u get a little more world about the rating clans, cuz we play many mods too, Including ur so loved FF on, all the time .

torm

I wasn't refering to pro* clan m8 so sorry if you felt i was, i was more using "pro" as short for professional player. I didn't lose my bet as i was refering more to the top SL/TB raters servers that they play are not ETPro ones, yes you may get the odd rater who plays ETPro but i was refering to it more in the sense you desribe when you say that you cant score high in etpro servers....this is exactly the point i was trying to make. :). those at the top of SL and TB are only there because they know the system so do play the easy to rate servers, they do watch their session times and they do switch names at the drop of a hat if they feel their rate will nose dive...... which is why the system is flawed and shows nothing about skills etc. So IMO while SL and TB are good for those who know the system they really dont do or mean anything other than those at the top of those systems are good at manipulation.

I dont dislike the SL and TB systems as its possible get an idea of who was good on individual maps etc but the whole global top player part is spoilt by the way the system works.

Re:

KiN