ET Hardcore 30 mins maps to 20 mins maps

Cocanation

Hello people! i want to make this suggestion about the times of the "longs maps", maps like gold rush, Oasis (original or FA) are not played because most of the people doesn't want to play a "30 mins map" so what do you think about reduce this time to 20 mins, i think these maps could be do it on this time and maybe could be more played if this were changed, of course this in HC server

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, C0C4N4T10N said:

Hello people! i want to make this suggestion about the times of the "longs maps", maps like gold rush, Oasis (original or FA) are not played because most of the people doesn't want to play a "30 mins map" so what do you think about reduce this time to 20 mins, i think these maps could be do it on this time and maybe could be more played if this were changed, of course this in HC server

HC has Gold Rush etpro version, which is short and quick. Don't know about Oasis, it could be replaced by another map as long as I'm concerned, since lots of players whine about the map being "bad".

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Xiahou Dun said:

HC has Gold Rush etpro version, which is short and quick. Don't know about Oasis, it could be replaced by another map as long as I'm concerned, since lots of players whine about the map being "bad".

HC has both versions of gold rush, TE and Original

• Like 1

I understand your opinion Coc4, but I'm not a big fan of reducing the maximum time of a map.

The maps were designed to give sufficient time for the attacking team to do its job, but if you reduce the time, as soon as defenders are a bit stronger, the attack team will loose let's say, 5min. Then, since the general time of the map is reduced, they will already know that they can't win, and they will be discouraged.

So, as soon as the attack team will loose a bit of time, they will know that the final objective can't be reached and they will just play frag or leave.

In my opinion, it would be better if we could introduce different times for each smaller objective of the map. Just like in the map Capuzzo Airport.

For example, in Gold Rush, the general time of the map is the same, but if Allies can't repair the tank after 12min, then Axis win. If they reach it after 5min, then the time for the second objective is unlocked, and the extra time they had for the first objective is added to the new time (and so on until the map end).

I think it's a good compromise. If the attack team keeps advancing, you will play the full time of the map, but if the defense is stronger, then the map will stop before the end :)

Edited by Cross Marian
  • Like 4
  • 100 2

I agree but at the end of the day wont make any diference, on that server regulars want to play small and SW maps, you don't wanna turn HC into Silent 1.

• Haha 1

Im agree with Cross Marian, the maps are designed with the correct time, but the people dont like big maps because a lot of times the Teams get so uneven, and the weak team always finish with a few ppl who try to complete the objective, and in my opinion when you have the teams fair, all the ppl have fun in the match, so it depends of the players who choose the maps, more often the short maps (even me)

Maybe baserace maps should be set to 15/20 minutes. Now on Beg2 its 30 minutes off running and jumping on adren.

Some people love the baserace maps and some leave offcourse when it comes up,but maybe lowering the gametime will help.Its still a map where the team with the most buildings/walls etc wins,so in 15 minutes it can be axis or allies ,both teams even opportunities.

• Like 2
  • 100 1