ET How did you find Enemy Territory?

ButtMonkey

Some friends brought it to a LAN Party back in 2011 i guess

But i didn't realize until 2012 that you can play ET online (that there are still active servers) :D

Source in the serverlist was always on LAN :D 

After my first game ET online I was addicted :)

4 hours ago, Syroox said:

Some friends brought it to a LAN Party back in 2011 i guess

But i didn't realize until 2012 that you can play ET online (that there are still active servers) :D

Source in the serverlist was always on LAN :D 

After my first game ET online I was addicted :)

Ahhh lan partys! That's something I really missed out on living in a really small town. I always think of cartman pooping into a bedpan hahahaha 

31 minutes ago, ButtMonkey said:

Ahhh lan partys! That's something I really missed out on living in a really small town. I always think of cartman pooping into a bedpan hahahaha 

I also live in a very small village (300 people living here) But I had this parties with close friends which i grew up with. Awesome times 

1 hour ago, Syroox said:

I also live in a very small village (300 people living here) But I had this parties with close friends which i grew up with. Awesome times 

Oh nice, about the same population as the village iam from, its lucky you had close friends who liked that stuff

It seamed everyone in my town was drunken fisherman and computers were for sissys or something. No one was into them, and no one admitted to it when they were lol

My daughter was born 4 weeks premature 29th Nov 2002, early March 2003 my wife was doing feeds and looking after her in the days and i was doing the nights and needed something to keep my awake....by a chance encounter i was very lucky to be given beta access to Enemy Territory by coder friend, was a totally fluke encounter tbh. ET was meant to be a RTCW add on but was released to general public as a free stand alone multiplayer game in May 2003 and i've played it ever since.

I've been very lucky in a lot of ways and have had an experience throughout the life of Enemy Territory many could only dream of, of which i'm extremely thankful for. I was a part of a clan called SNL! from late 2003 to around 2008 when they disbanded, in that time i made many great friends, some of which i still speak to now and some i've met a few times in real life. I've had the chance to watch NQ mod be created and been lucky enough to beta test many many versions. Shitstorm had the first official NQ server we had the second along with a private server which was used to beta test the various NQ versions up to what we have now in 1.2.9_6. 

I've only ever been a member of 1 clan but over the past 17 years of ET's life i've been a part of some great clans as clan friend or admin to external ref in comps, and again have made many, many friends. 

I could go on and on and on and on and on (lol) ......but take it from me i've had a hell of a ride most would be envious of and i am forever thankful to the et communities that have put up with me over the past 17 years. FA has filled the gap well over the past 10-11 years and kept the community alive for me, its certainly IMHO the biggest clan around today and i'm glad and thankful to also be a part of it here. 

As iv'e told others before, my Daughter is 17 now, at college, learning to drive and working so she has her own income and is loving life...Me?? well i'm still playing ET (and loving it...still).

Peace out, frag ya l8rs.

Snuffs

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Snuffs99 said:

I like you got to play this almost a year before it came out. I have the original demo cd.

A friend in BC got access to it thorough his software company. He did some art for the Rtcw game and they offered him a double disc with a beta access.

I'll post the pic of it when i dig it out of storage.

After i figured i had mastered it i played on a pub server.  I actually got to play with the original Raziel . the public server was Bpark3 it was a shrub mod .

I joined my first clan K4F*. I played 2 seasons with them on etpro mod in TWL- team warfare league.

I actually have the name Slayer reserved on the twl site. Just K4F*Slayer not slayer1234t. I had to drop out because of a scare i had at work. I got poked with a needle in the garbage bag i was picking up at my new city worker job. It was a hepC positive needle and they were testing for HIV. All worked out though. It was treatable with a new pill. I regret walking away from it but lifes bigger.

It was a big part of my life that i still miss. Zaedyn Was the moderator. Good times

• Like 1

Uncle introduced me to original ET shortly after the release of RTCW.  Can remember joining the =GP= Girl Power clan, and pretending I was 15, whilst actually being 11, and being called mature for a 15 year old and so allowed in the 18 year old + channels. Specifically  can remember hanging out with an australian bloke, sadly I can't remember his name - And I should look into whether the =GP= servers that exist today are the same GP from way back when. Got my one of my good mates, his brother and his Dad, into playing, and we'd regularly form up as a 4 man squad and wreak havoc.

From there played for quite a few years, ending up in numerous clans, and attempting to varying degrees to success to play ETPro.

Not sure how I found out that ET was going strong some 15 years later, think I just happened to come across ET legacy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SystemShock said:

Can remember joining the =GP= Girl Power clan, and pretending I was 15, whilst actually being 11, and being called mature for a 15 year old and so allowed in the 18 year old + channels.

And then on 18+ year old channels you've discovered horrors that no sane mind should witness and things went south.

Good to see people coming back to ET in 2020 ^^

• Like 1

Just now, Xiahou Dun said:

And then on 18+ year old channels you've discovered horrors that no sane mind should witness and things went south.

Good to see people coming back to ET in 2020 ^^

Was mostly just that aussie bloke swearing ;)

I actually found Legacy last year, join briefly and played on the UJE servers but was permabanned there for aimbotting which resulted in me stopping playing, as all the other servers I was finding were like jaymod triple jumple modded to hell and back servers.

Pandemic brought me back to ET, figured I'd moved house so could problably get on the UJE servers again... which I did... and was promptly banned for aimbotting again :sigh:

F|A servers are nice though, so here we are :D

• Surprise 1

• 3 weeks later...

Started playing RTCW online, and naturally shifted into ET when it came out. Loved the Beach map, would play it for hours.

In terms of LAN Parties, I actually had a PC case from Antec which was desiged to put made into a backpack. Dont think i got as much use out of it as a LAN party build but still enjoyed it once or twice.

Love how the community has kept it alive and fresh year over year, (Still leave for a bit sometimes and its all new when I return).

Love the simplicity compared to many of the "realistic" games out today (If you have a better rig than the other person you can out play them)

• Like 1

Long story short. When i was around 5 my dad use to go to a buddys house on the weekends only and they would always be playing et till when they wale up till 5-6 in the morning. So one weekend they had an extra pc sitting in the computer room with et on it so i decided to give it a try been playing ever since started it all when i was 5 now im 20. 

• Like 2

Money has always been an issue, so I was looking for free games, and ET was suggested on some forum (can't remember which one). This was back in the day, when ET was like a few years old, I think? 
I really enjoyed myself, found some like-minded people, joined a clan, found a couple of friends from all over the world. Being from Belgium, most of the clan was from the US, so I would stay up real late (which got me in trouble with my mom more often than I can remember) to participate in clan wars and competitions.

I rocked with a panzer ^_^

The clan changed its name after some infighting. And not long after, the clan disbanded. I lost contact with most of the people and stopped playing. And so I lost the rest of the friends too.

Forward many years, to earlier this month, I thought about one friend in particular, which brought back the ET-memories. I thought the gaming community for ET had died, so I was prepared to just play against bots. I was content to see that there were a lot of active servers. The F|A server was like the third one I tried, and I stayed because it was a great experience. ^_^ 

• Like 3

I'd been given a copy of the paid for Return to Castle Wolfenstein back in 2005. I played that for quite some time and I soon discovered ET as well, so played them along side each other. It was around 2006 that I started playing and even now, I still find the game play better than most modern GPS games.

Its great to see that some mods continued to be developed until relatively recently, particularly the addition of wide-screen support for Jaymod, silEnT and N!tmod. Without these mods being developed, I'd imagine ET may not have had such a long history. Imaging a Shrubmod or ETMain server now in comparison 🙄

• Like 1