Im back.. but ET is stopping that.

bLade.

• Leader
8 minutes ago, bLade. said:

How do I enable PB? Thinking thats my issue at this point as I've done almost everything else so far. I've installed PB from the ET folder and can provide SS of the test it ran upon installation if needed

2 options

you go in, press play online > enable punkbuster (bottom right corner)

pb-enable-1[1].jpg pb-enable-2[1].jpg

Or open console and type this

/pb_cl_enable

in ur screen shot of desktop it shows u have limits on ur et shortcut.. with that shield blue and yellow u need to fix that. seeings how pb is disabled on fa servers i dont see how pb would make a diff.

i have mine set to run in w7 mode for compatibility.

u set comp mode but u didnt give admin full permission yet.

also create a profile in game . 

Edited by captnconcrete

• Leader
1 hour ago, captnconcrete said:

in ur screen shot of desktop it shows u have limits on ur et shortcut.. with that shield blue and yellow u need to fix that. seeings how pb is disabled on fa servers i dont see how pb would make a diff.

I tested with a new install and didn't activate PB. I then try to log in FA recruiting. To my big surprise I was kicked for ui_mp_x86.dll pure server check. I enabled PB and was fixed. EDIT** But only with a new install. If you do that with an already installed and played game it doesnt kick you. IDK why it does that My bad I was wrong here

That blue and yellow shield means that the program is run in admin mode. My shortcut for ET is like that since I made it always run as admin. The first time it will ask you if you allow access then all good and the shield stays

But you do have a point, he doesn't have a profile!

Edited by rambozo37

10 minutes ago, rambozo37 said:

I tested with a new install and didn't activate PB. I then try to log in FA recruiting. To my big surprise I was kicked for ui_mp_x86.dll pure server check. I enabled PB and was fixed. Then I disabled PB again just to make sure it wasn't a coincidence. Got kicked again

That blue and yellow shield means that the program is run in admin mode. My shortcut for ET is like that since I made it always run as admin. The first time it will ask you if you allow access then all good and the shield stays

But you do have a point, he doesn't have a profile!

I have created a profile, but since my main ET shortcut is corrupted the other one doesn’t save my profile and makes me recreate one each time I open it. I could create a cfg and /autoexec each time. I deleted the PB folder from my ET and manually reinstalled PB. Probably just gonna retry downloading it one more time. 

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, rambozo37 said:

I tested with a new install and didn't activate PB. I then try to log in FA recruiting. To my big surprise I was kicked for ui_mp_x86.dll pure server check. I enabled PB and was fixed. EDIT** But only with a new install. If you do that with an already installed and played game it doesnt kick you. IDK why it does that

Did u run as admin? I will test that out as well. 

• Leader
4 minutes ago, daredevil said:

Did u run as admin? I will test that out as well. 

yes and no. Tried both

EDIT** my bad forgot the compatibility mode

Edited by rambozo37

Thanks for the support guys! I appreciate it, Ill get back to you with more information later as it’s almost 6:30 am. Hope to see some familiar faces in game 🙂

• Leader

I just had a flash. If your profiles doesn't save up usually its when you don't run the game as admin. You sure you set the et.exe in your folder to be run as admin? I've just tried a few times and when not run as admin profile doesn't get created

click et.exe > right click > properties > settings > run this program as an administrator

@daredevil my bad for the PB thing, I probably missed something and didn't noticed. BTW the desktop shortcut created while doing setup doesn't work at all.

Edited by rambozo37

• Administrators
Just now, rambozo37 said:

@daredevil my bad for the PB thing, I forgot the compatibility. BTW the desktop shortcut created while doing setup doesn't work at all.

I don't think you would need compability either..  if you install out of C program files - you don't need that. As long as you have read and write permission in the user directory to download maps it should be good. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Leader
2 minutes ago, daredevil said:

I don't think you would need compability either..  if you install out of C program files - you don't need that. As long as you have read and write permission in the user directory to download maps it should be good. 

true, I guess I fked up somewhere 🤪

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, rambozo37 said:

true, I guess I fked up somewhere 🤪

No no that's my logic. I could be wrong. Someone need to test it. 

• Thanks 1

• Leader
8 minutes ago, daredevil said:

No no that's my logic. I could be wrong. Someone need to test it. 

I did and I was wrong

That's why I said I probably fked somewhere :P 

Edited by rambozo37
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1