Im back.. but ET is stopping that.

bLade.

Trying to reminisce on the old days when I would endulge in ET for hours on end as a teenager, but after the installation I've had a few problems. Now the current one won't let me connect to servers. I can see PB is now gone, not sure if thats effecting it. But I am getting the ui_mp_x86.dll code whenever trying to join a server.

• Love 1

• Leader

you have to run ET as an administrator and set the compatibility to windows xp or 7

try this tutorial

Edited by rambozo37

9 minutes ago, rambozo37 said:

you have to run ET as an administrator and set the compatibility to windows xp or 7

try this tutorial

Now I'm getting this error.. Lol if I do remember one thing about this game, is that it can be quite a headache. 

1.png

• Leader

can you take a SS of what's inside your etmain folder plz

If you moved your et.exe to desktop it will do that. It needs to be a shortcut

Edited by rambozo37

Just now, rambozo37 said:

seems fine. SS from inside Wolfenstein folder

Is ETL needed these days? Cause I just downloaded a normal ET Client. Didn't take me through the old installation process though. 

2.png

• Leader

No, don't absolutely need ETL. I still run game old way

can you start the game from et.exe in your folder (run as admin)? if yes then your desktop shortcut is no good. If still doesn't work I would suggest to uninstall and re-instal

Edited by rambozo37
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, rambozo37 said:

No, don't absolutely need ETL. I still run game old way

can you start the game from et.exe in your folder (run as admin)? if yes then your desktop shortcut is no good. If still doesn't work I would suggest to uninstall and re-instal

Desktop shortcut is definitely no good. I've reinstalled once already, and I can get into the game with the "ET.exe" in the ET folder, but then the ui_mp_x86.dll code pops up

• Leader

@Blade

ok, from et.exe in folder right click it and go to properties > compatibility > compatibility mode put it at windows XP service pack 2 then check the "run this program as administrator"

et.jpg  et3.jpg

Edited by rambozo37

15 minutes ago, rambozo37 said:

@Blade

ok, from et.exe in folder right click it and go to properties > compatibility > compatibility mode put it at windows XP service pack 2 then check the "run this program as administrator"

et.jpg  et3.jpg

I've done that aswell still getting the same error

• Leader

Then my guess will be that some of your files are corrupted

Read this it might help you

http://etconfig.net/et-error/game-code-ui_mp_x86-dll-failed-pure-server/

• Leader

I did a few tests... if you don't enable punkbuster you get also this error ui_mp_x86.dll

Also weird thing my desktop shortcut didn't work also... 🤔

Edited by rambozo37

5 minutes ago, rambozo37 said:

I did a few tests... if you don't enable punkbuster you get also this error ui_mp_x86.dll

Also weird thing my desktop shortcut didn't work also... 🤔

How do I enable PB? Thinking thats my issue at this point as I've done almost everything else so far. I've installed PB from the ET folder and can provide SS of the test it ran upon installation if needed

Have you tried making a new shortcut? And don't forget to check the "run as administrator" in the shortcut's compatibility tab.

I had the same problem when I installed win10 and that fixed it. I also vaguely remember some issues with installing the game in the default "Program Files" folder.