ET Jay #1 Jay1 g_forcerespawn "Seconds" Increase request

SlwFngrz

g_forcerespawn "30 or ?"

The delay (seconds) before a wounded player will be forced to tapout or go to limbo.

I am requesting to increase this value in Jay1.

Idea is to increase objective teamplay. 

As it is set now; most of the times when a medic goes to revive, the wounded player is "forcerespawn'ed" before the medic is able to get to the wounded player %#$@*@#&%&^#@  for both the Medic and the wounded player.  Ya wait for a medic...here comes a medic... he dies trying to revive a forcerespawned player *&*#^%@^&%@@%.

Blah balh blah

Most medics on Jay1 dont even attempt to revive anymore, just as players don't wait for a medic, most players just tapout early- knowing a medic wont have time to revive because of the g_forcerespawn setting.

Increasing this value would increase the objective teamplay, IMO.

Thanks,

Greg

SlwFngrz

FstFngrz - when over 43fps

• Like 2

On 3/31/2020 at 9:29 PM, SlwFngrz said:

Most medics on Jay1 dont even attempt to revive anymore,

A lot of medics are trying to rapidly move about the map and with the explosive meta that dominates medics, you literally have to treat Jay1 like you're playing Doom. "Hell devours the indolent, movement is life."

Also taking that time to pull out revive needle just to see them gibbed/tapped out can get that medic killed. It's super easy to gib dead bodies on jay1 compared to say Silent mod. This may be slight compensation due to the larger revive hitbox than whats in Silent mod or ETPro.

Quite often due to the short respawn times on MANY of the maps if they died near spawn, I'll skip reviving them. They're not losing much ground they gained by taking the respawn. Only when super distant from spawns and the revive is super beneficial (flanks, holding the mountain on fueldump as axis, etc.) that I'll for sure go for revive.

• Like 2
  • 100 1

Thanks for the reply,

I totally agree with ya Cabal. 

Close by spawn, short spawn, probably no revive...GO..

A few seconds more before going to limbo, may help those distant revives.

!ReviveMe  

On 4/2/2020 at 3:59 PM, CabaL said:

@daredevil can we get an axis spawn time change on Oasis and goldrush? They spawn wayyyyy to frequently to let allies have a chance to run gold/destroy AT guns.

:)

Edited by SlwFngrz

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't know this even existed lol, I would suggest turning it up to 60, just for having another option, doesn't hurt anyone, but if you are in a good position and u just need a revive to turn the tide, u might aswell have the option to hold on, still, most people tapout when spawn timer is close or u get instagibbed with explosive spam, so, not a really notable change, but it could be useful in some situations if u know this...

@Blu2300 

playing as medic...running to the engy down at tank, just about to revive the engy..ya know the engy is waiting...looking for a medic, and sees ya, your probably gonna die, but the engy can fix the tank...BUt just as your about to revive- the engy goes to limbo, was terrible (imo) at 20. Danger would usually wait and not tap, waiting for a medic ...ya run as fast as can, needle out and he would auto tap out..was frustrating. at 30 its much better, enables you to wait one maybe two spawns for a medic and not get auto tapped (g_forcerespawned) .

The extra time is also great for scouting the enemy - if they dont gib ya. But as Cabal said the larger revive hitboxs are bigger w jaymod. This may be why they are more easily gibbed.  I'm not sure. I took me a search to find the g_forcerespawn command. I havent done rtcw or et server stuff since like 2008 and just started playing again after 10+ years. 

I have noticed that people are now starting to wait for a medic to revive since it was changed to 30 (and spawn times were increased as well).

• Like 1

More time is just more options, that is why I suggest taking it all the way up to 60, just in case someone has a great position and just needs the rez.

Good to see 30 from 20 solved those issues :D

Very unlikely someone will wait one minute downed, but its great to have more options in my opinion. :P

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blu2300 said:

More time is just more options, that is why I suggest taking it all the way up to 60, just in case someone has a great position and just needs the rez.

Good to see 30 from 20 solved those issues :D

Very unlikely someone will wait one minute downed, but its great to have more options in my opinion. :P

At 60..would almost have time to smoke a bowl while specing the enemy.

• Haha 1
  • 100 1

Exactly lol.

It could be used for scouting the enemy as you said, also might try /playdead, have used sometimes and pays off well. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick Thank You to DD for changing the setting.

After a few weeks, its seems that people have noticed its changed and wait for medics and or revive more.

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
On 4/28/2020 at 9:50 PM, SlwFngrz said:

@Blu2300 

playing as medic...running to the engy down at tank, just about to revive the engy..ya know the engy is waiting...looking for a medic, and sees ya, your probably gonna die, but the engy can fix the tank...BUt just as your about to revive- the engy goes to limbo, was terrible (imo) at 20. Danger would usually wait and not tap, waiting for a medic ...ya run as fast as can, needle out and he would auto tap out..was frustrating. at 30 its much better, enables you to wait one maybe two spawns for a medic and not get auto tapped (g_forcerespawned) .

The extra time is also great for scouting the enemy - if they dont gib ya. But as Cabal said the larger revive hitboxs are bigger w jaymod. This may be why they are more easily gibbed.  I'm not sure. I took me a search to find the g_forcerespawn command. I havent done rtcw or et server stuff since like 2008 and just started playing again after 10+ years. 

I have noticed that people are now starting to wait for a medic to revive since it was changed to 30 (and spawn times were increased as well).

Noooo, just as your about to heal you get killed by Arty/Panzer/R_nade/Flamer/M97/Mortar/SMG

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Thanks again for changing this setting, it really seems to make a difference in game play, I was away long enough for my xp to expire on Jay 1, but upon return I do see the medic class working, Thanks

Edited by SlwFngrz