A little help jaymod

MUUUU

Hi guy’s 

i’ve tried to create my own server just for fun. I tho have a issue. When it’s get down and I will get it back online I need to go through putty. And recall the startup Is there any way to get it done automatically?

Maybe a cron job could check if "et_Test" is present in "screen -ls" output, and if not, take action..?

• Like 1

Hello.

Im a bit rusty with server stuff, as it's been few years since I ran one, but doesn't the watchdog from server.cfg do the job...Just make sure you have it activated and make it run correct cfg.

// WATCHDOG

// in case the game dies with an ERR_DROP
// or any situation leading to server running with no map
//set com_watchdog 10                // defaults 60
set com_watchdog_cmd "exec campaigncycle.cfg"    // defaults to quit

• Administrators

Q - is why run in loop? You want to know when it crashed and if you run it in loop you will never figure out why it crashed or what caused crash.

You can write shell script and run cron job on it every 1 minutes. If process exist - do nothing and if it doesn't - start it. In shell script get the PID of your server and run check on it. I wouldn't suggest to do later as you need to know why it crashed. 

If you're using a systemd linux distribution you could make it a service. Here's an example of that. 

This will also enable you to use journactl or systemctl status to see logs of the server and potentially why it crashed or went down if you ever needed to. This would start your server on boot as well. The link isn't an exact example for ET but it provides an example you can adapt to use with ET.

Edited by Symfony
  • Like 1