ATI gets dumped. Now its called "AMD RADEON"

OnionKnight

Lol starting at the end of this year all cards will no longer sport the ATI Radeon brand. Instead it will go under the name "AMD RADEON". So why are they doing this? Because "company research" showed that by having the word AMD with the word Radeon, peoples preference for AMD "Triples" (Lol this is their shitty reason).

68301.jpg

I only have one thing to say....FACKKKKKKKKKKKkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

wow, LOL. Thats flat out retarded. Is that company run by douches?????? Besides, AMD sounds like some fkin thing ud say like omg/wtf/lol/amg,etc. Acronym i believe the word is, While ATI sounds cooler :P

• Administrators

This is being done since they are one company and have been for some time now. The only reason it has been kept until thus far is because of brand recognition and AMD feels like it can finally drop the ATi. I have never seen this as an issue and people that make it an issue are silly.

• Administrators

there is a reason behind this its all due to the new chip coming out called the AMD FUSION

New chip has nothing to do with that :P Most of the people in tech industry know ATI and AMD are same. Even from website you can tell.

IMO this is just marketing ways to stay in news.

New chip has nothing to do with that :P Most of the people in tech industry know ATI and AMD are same. Even from website you can tell. IMO this is just marketing ways to stay in news.

It will be interesting to see how this marketing tactic plays out. To see if the average Joe-blow will think "Oooo...a Radeon, I must have it" or if the thinking will be "WTF is a Radeon. Sounds expensive" and walk out of Best Buy.

amd failsthey changed name but didnt change red color from ati's logoit should have been green and black combo B)

lol. I always thought it was a bad color combo for Nvidia to go with. Plus red attracts peoples eye more in the store.