Windows New Keyboard Suggestions

-=HipKat=-

• Platinum VIP

What do you guys think of this?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N5IISXY?pf_rd_p=1cac67ce-697a-47be-b2f5-9ae91aab54f2&pf_rd_r=6QF73E09SEEAEPT1P5ER 

CORSAIR K95 RGB PLATINUM Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

Edited by -=HipKat=-

• Platinum VIP
7 hours ago, sirdutch said:

Are you specific looking for a macro keyboard or just a mechanical keyboard?

Both. Mechanical with good, fast responsiveness and macro keys for easy command executions. Seems like Macro keys are starting to disappear on a lot of KB's

48 minutes ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Both. Mechanical with good, fast responsiveness and macro keys for easy command executions. Seems like Macro keys are starting to disappear on a lot of KB's

then id say the keyboard you selected is a great pick

• Like 1

i really don't get the point  of  spending so much money on a keyboard  like that  i mean give it a year or 2 and it's just as good as a 20$ keyboard 

my keyboard and mouse  cheap to place and i only had to really replace the mouse never had a problem with the keyboard and i us to smoke on top of  many drinks  and what not 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gaming-Keyboard-and-Mouse-Combo-Crack-PatternUSB-Wired-Keyboard-3-Color-LED-and/273600054444?hash=item3fb3d584ac:g:PTEAAOSwWUBcMHxn

It definitely matters. It isn't the brand name its the parts it uses. I wouldn't go with that keyboard because it doesnt have independent keys/switches. Meaning some keys internally use the same circuit meaning you cant press certain multiple keys together without issues. Also you have to think of latency and polling rate of the mouse(this is different than DPI). DPI is also important as the higher the DPI the better laser that is required to achieve that. Since it is laser a good mouse pad is also important (as in a good surface and material). All these good components I was able to find around $60 total. The best thing to do is read the Amazon reviews and questions.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RockET said:

It definitely matters. It isn't the brand name its the parts it uses. I wouldn't go with that keyboard because it doesnt have independent keys/switches. Meaning some keys internally use the same circuit meaning you cant press certain multiple keys together without issues. Also you have to think of latency and polling rate of the mouse(this is different than DPI). DPI is also important as the higher the DPI the better laser that is required to achieve that. Since it is laser a good mouse pad is also important (as in a good surface and material). All these good components I was able to find around $60 total. The best thing to do is read the Amazon reviews and questions.

^^^^

That, but like RockET said,in mechanical keyboards the keys work seperate from eachother, in normal keyboards, when you like have a crooked or sticky space, it can take multiple keys with it, and having macro's on a keyboard as well as a mouse is benificial if you get it into your system

• Like 1
  • 100 1

• Platinum VIP

The switches are the big deal and trust me, I checked on a lot of keyboards ,watching reviews, etc before I decided on this one. Plus, when you build a $5000 computer, why would you put a $30 keyboard on it? There is a Corsair that's a better. faster Keyboard, the Razor Huntsman Elite, but no macro keys!!! Plus it's $200 bucks for extreme speed but I need my G Keys. Even in ET, I use them to exec my CFG's, see scores, etc

• Surprise 1

Solid choice! I've looked at that model a few times. I'd get it, but the keycaps don't float my boat. (and I don't feel like spending the additional 50 bucks for custom caps xD)
Yeah, unfortunately macro keys are definitely taking their leave. Think it's a two part dilemma for the macro lovers: the minimalist/10-keyless fad is part of it, plus lots of newer (and even some older) games now block hotkeys and macros through anticheat.

Looking forward to seeing what you think about it!

Edited by Xernicus
redundant "and"s
  • Like 2

• Platinum VIP
5 hours ago, Xernicus said:

Solid choice! I've looked at that model a few times. I'd get it, but the keycaps don't float my boat. (and I don't feel like spending the additional 50 bucks for custom caps xD)
Yeah, unfortunately macro keys are definitely taking their leave. Think it's a two part dilemma for the macro lovers: the minimalist/10-keyless fad is part of it, plus lots of newer (and even some older) games now block hotkeys and macros through anticheat.

Looking forward to seeing what you think about it!

I'll definitely write a review. but now I'm wondering if I should go with Browns instead of MX Speed, since it's not primarily for gaming, but for everyday use and reviews on the Brows are good for both typing and gaming, too

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RockET said:

that sounds all nice and all but  i don't have them problems and i play a number of games using this mouse and keyboard and by the way i don't have some nice  mouse  pad  i us a  old  car mat lol 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, *Kiba* said:

that sounds all nice and all but  i don't have them problems and i play a number of games using this mouse and keyboard and by the way i don't have some nice  mouse  pad  i us a  old  car mat lol 

But since you have not used a mechanical keyboard with good switches and a mouse with a 1000mhz polling rate you have nothing to compare to lol. 

• 100 1

3 hours ago, RockET said:

But since you have not used a mechanical keyboard with good switches and a mouse with a 1000mhz polling rate you have nothing to compare to lol. 

lol i played on a  4,000$ pc before with all the bells and  whistles i have a friend who lives  2 house down from me who insist on buy everything new  so ya i played with the best you can buy so ya i do have some to compare it to  

and i'm not saying that it's bad  i just feel like it's a waste of money if your not playing games to make money why spend all that money on  stuff that just going to go out of date  or like my friend says  i got this new  mouse and there already a new one out for it  they fine bugs or what not and make them even better but at some point you gotta  relax  just because it good today does not mean it's going to be good  tomorrow 

• Like 1

Id prefer a mechanical keyboard over a normal one though, despite that i uses a 5 euro keyboard atm :P , my mouse is a 50 euro one though :P

• Like 1