CS:GO Interest waning?

JaxonAshton

I noticed that the community was really hot'n'heavy with CS:GO in 2015 based on posts and comments in these boards. However, only two comments are in the main thread in the last 30 days, so I'm wondering if there's still interest in playing in coop/competitive modes. I myself used to play pretty regularly in 2016 but moved to other titles after that.

Curious if there's any interest in the community for having a server or team for CS:GO.

@HipKat -- Been watching a LOT of via ESL on Twitch and it makes me want to play again (hence, the motivation for this post). I used to be OK a few years ago, but was looking to see if anyone was interested in doing comp. Much more fun with folks I know and can gel with, as opposed to 4 other randos from ESEA.

• Platinum VIP

I never got real good at it, but I can start playing a bit this weekend and get my skills up learn the maps, etc

I installed it in december, then it became free to play, and the hackers in my region got quite a huge number, (overwatch experience literally 8/10 were hackers, only 2 legit that too were smurfs ffs), got annoyed, and uninstalled it on New year! xD

• Sad 1

I play Competitive almost everyday atleast one match. I’m pretty good if I say so myself, since I always end up on top frag, but it really sucks being a Gold Nova since that’s where most hackers get ranked. It doesn’t always appose a problem to me however, because I usually win almost every match.

11 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

I never got real good at it, but I can start playing a bit this weekend and get my skills up learn the maps, etc

Map progression has gotten pretty "weird" since the release of free-to-play. Doesn't seem to be a way to play the legacy maps by themselves in local/bot mode. I'll need to explore this a bit more though (only fired it up once the other night).

4 hours ago, Sonofdoc said:

I play Competitive almost everyday atleast one match. I’m pretty good if I say so myself, since I always end up on top frag, but it really sucks being a Gold Nova since that’s where most hackers get ranked. It doesn’t always appose a problem to me however, because I usually win almost every match.

Sent you a Steam request so maybe we can pair up sometime.

Do you play/have you played on ESEA?

• Platinum VIP
1 hour ago, falc0n2k said:

Send me one, too. HipKat2000

Nvmnd, just seen you sent one

Edited by -=HipKat=-

2 hours ago, falc0n2k said:

I've never really gotten into playing ESEA, but I def wouldn't mind trying it out. 

I used to play about 5 to 6 matches every day but i found that i got way too angry at myself if i didnt perform or teammates that were utterly useless. Nowadays i play a couple of matches every so often so i maintain my rank and skill but nowhere near like i did before. Also have less time and more games i want to play :P

• 100 1