Menu F|A Mouse Icon Upside Down

sonofshade
Go to solution Solved by daredevil,

When I'm in the menu the custom Mouse Icon with the F|A is flipped upside down.  It's really annoying since I have to hover down and to the left and guess where the mouse pointer is actually clicking.  I cannot find the location of this in any of the pk3 files I opened.  Does anyone know where this is located?   I did a forum search and could not find anyone else with this issue.

This is a known issue with ETLegacy afaik. The solution would be to run "stock" ET.
I'm not sure which file exactly is our menu file, but I'd go for one with a bunch of tildes "~~~~~" or unicode blocks " " - it'd be located in your ETMain folder.

It's in ui/assets/ one of .tga files (3_cursor). Did you install etl and copied over old et260b files? If yes simply run etl ingame pk3 cleaner (should be available on legacy mod). I think I fixed the issue for our menus, last time I checked I had normal cursor when connected to our servers :)

• Like 1

• Administrators
9 hours ago, sonofshade said:

I found the pk3 you mentioned, it indeed had the cursor.  All I did was flip it and save and now it's normal.  I tried to pk3 Cleaner but it didn't change.  Good to go, thanks for your help!

pk3 cleaner you need to run 2 times - 

Once against WET folder installation and another time against - ETLegacy installation folder i.e.

C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\ETLegacy

Replace xxx with your login username for windows. 

PS Assuming u are on windows.

Okay I only ran it on my Documents folder.  It did not fix the issue, I will try on the other folder tonight and see if that helps.  I couldn't flip the image in the pk3 since this caused me to get booted for invalid pk3 files.

• Administrators
  • Solution
13 hours ago, sonofshade said:

Okay I only ran it on my Documents folder.  It did not fix the issue, I will try on the other folder tonight and see if that helps.  I couldn't flip the image in the pk3 since this caused me to get booted for invalid pk3 files.

2 cases then - 

1. Either your folder selection is wrong.

2. Your pk3 cleaner version is old. 

See below screenshots - 

image.png

image.png

PK3 Cleaner may not be working properly because it can't download the server files for Jaymod on a new install of ETL it only generated the fav6.pk3

Restarting ETL installer multiple times on still no jaymod files just the fav6.pk3 even if it's installed to desktop 

]/connect 8.9.4.227
MOTD: resolving motd.etlegacy.com... resolved to 5.135.27.11:27951
Updater: resolving update.etlegacy.com... resolved to 5.135.27.11:27951
8.9.4.227 resolved to 8.9.4.227:27960
Connected to a pure server.
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
    .\etmain\pak0.pk3 (3725 files)
        on the pure list
    C:\Users\DD\Documents\ETLegacy\jaymod
    .\jaymod
    C:\Users\DD\Documents\ETLegacy\etmain
    .\etmain
    .\etmain\pak2.pk3 (22 files)
        not on the pure list
    .\etmain\pak1.pk3 (10 files)
        not on the pure list

----------------------
3757 files in pk3 files
Creating PID file 'profiles//profile.pid'
Need paks: jaymod/�����fav6.pk3
jaymod/zz_jaymod-0.6d2.pk3
jaymod/jaymod-2.2.0.pk3
etmain/���������������������������������������������������~.pk3
etmain/etdo_f2.pk3

Need paks: @jaymod/�����fav6.pk3@jaymod/�����fav6.pk3@jaymod/zz_jaymod-0.6d2.pk3@jaymod/zz_jaymod-0.6d2.pk3@jaymod/jaymod-2.2.0.pk3@jaymod/jaymod-2.2.0.pk3@etmain/���������������������������������������������������~.pk3@etmain/���������������������������������������������������~.pk3@etmain/etdo_f2.pk3@etmain/etdo_f2.pk3
Need paks: @jaymod/�����fav6.pk3@jaymod/�����fav6.pk3@jaymod/zz_jaymod-0.6d2.pk3@jaymod/zz_jaymod-0.6d2.pk3@jaymod/jaymod-2.2.0.pk3@jaymod/jaymod-2.2.0.pk3@etmain/���������������������������������������������������~.pk3@etmain/���������������������������������������������������~.pk3@etmain/etdo_f2.pk3@etmain/etdo_f2.pk3
couldn't exec profiles/DD/etconfig.cfg
Client download subsystem initialized
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
    C:\Users\DD\Documents\ETLegacy\jaymod
    C:\Users\DD\Documents\ETLegacy\jaymod\�����fav6.pk3 (21 files)
    .\jaymod
    C:\Users\DD\Documents\ETLegacy\etmain
    .\etmain
    .\etmain\pak2.pk3 (22 files)
    .\etmain\pak1.pk3 (10 files)
    .\etmain\pak0.pk3 (3725 files)

----------------------
3778 files in pk3 files
MOTD: resolving motd.etlegacy.com... resolved to 5.135.27.11:27951
Updater: resolving update.etlegacy.com... resolved to 5.135.27.11:27951
Sys_LoadGameDll -> FS_CL_ExtractFromPakFile(C:\Users\DD\Documents\ETLegacy, jaymod, ui_mp_x86.dll)
Sys_LoadDll(C:\Users\DD\Documents\ETLegacy\jaymod\ui_mp_x86.dll)... failed: "Failed loading C:\Users\DD\Documents\ETLegacy\jaymod\ui_mp_x86.dll: The specified module could not be found.

"
Sys_LoadDll(.\jaymod\ui_mp_x86.dll)... failed: "Failed loading .\jaymod\ui_mp_x86.dll: The specified module could not be found.

"
Sys_LoadDll(jaymod/ui) failed to load library
----- CL_Shutdown -----
Closing SDL audio device...
SDL audio device shut down.
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
SDL input devices shut down.
-----------------------
PID file removed.
SQLite3 can't close db - not active.
VM_Create on UI failed
SDL input devices shut down.