Disconnected Client Not Responding

Thule

Question

I have been trying to connect to the F|A DoI server tonight, but it always throws back a vague error of "Disconnected Client Not Responding".  I'm new to this game, so have no idea what that means.  Any help would be great.  Thanks. :)

8 answers to this question

Thanks for the note.  I used the default video settings.  The only thing I had to change was to "Windowed" in order to get a screenshot, though I turned back.  The settings are attached. 

doi.png

• Platinum VIP

Im wondering if you allowed the anti cheat thing when you first started the game.  We've had some ppl who've had problems with that.

Thank you both for the replies.  I do have the anti-cheat tool installed and it does flash on the screen when I launch DoI.  I changed the Paged Pool Memory to the "Low" setting, but still see that error.  I am able to do like the shooting range mode without issue;  it is just when I try to connect to the server it throws back that error at the very end of the connection status bar.

• Sad 1

I'm relatively unfamiliar with DoI, but based on what I see, this could be an issue with the BattlEye client. I've seen some reports that re-installing BattlEye and verifying the integrity of the game files can fix this.

To uninstall and re-install BattlEye:

• Navigate to the directory where DOI is installed, and then to the BattlEye folder inside: typically it's C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\dayofinfamy\BattlEye
  • Run Uninstall_BattlEye.bat
  • Make sure the following folder is no longer present: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\BattlEye\"
  • Right click on Day Of Infamy in Steam, and choose Properties.
  • Click on the "Local Files" tab and then "Verify Integrity of game files"
  • After it's finished, when you launch the game it should prompt you to install BattlEye. 

If for some reason it doesn't re-install (which it should), the BattlEye installer should be present after verifying the game files and automatically re-downloading the missing files.
Navigate back to %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Steam\steamapps\common\dayofinfamy\BattlEye and click on "Install_BattlEye.bat"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks all.  I messed around with it a bit more and got it to work.  Setting "cl_forcepreload 0" and then back to "1" seemed to do it, for reasons unknown. I can connect to the F|A server now. :)

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

Not to dash hopes..but ive done things like that before and sometimes it just defaults back to whatever it was before.  Good luck