Connection Interrupted

JaxNL

Hi guys,

Running into some problems when playing ET. 
Tried all the solutions (as far as I can) from this topic: 

Unfortunately no solution yet. It happens every 2 minutes and takes about 5 seconds that the screen hangs. 

I've set maxpackets to 100 etc, as the topic above states, but none of it helps. I am running ET as an administrator and I have an Intel 2955U (1.4 GHz)

Let me know if you know any solution I can try. I am NOT playing via LAN-cable, but wireless. 

Thanks in advance for your help. 

ConnectionInterrupted.jpg

1 hour ago, JaxNL said:

Let me know if you know any solution I can try. I am NOT playing via LAN-cable, but wireless. 

Here's the whole reason.
You definitely have interference. Run cmd and type: ping -t jay1.clan-fa.com >pinghc.txt
Wait 2 minutes and stop the task: ctrl + c
Copy the contents of the pinghc.txt file in the forum. The file is located in your home directory: C:\Users\YourName
Edited by ed_

Hello @ed_,

First of all thank you for taking the effort to respond.
I am not the IT type, so I might have done something wrong. 

I started ET and played at the Beginners server. Pressend `, and typed in: /ping -t jay1.clan-fa.com >pinghc.txt

Waited for 2 minutes and stopped the task: Control + C.

I stopped ET and checked my C:\Users\YourName map.

unfortunately, no file appeared like "pinghc.text"

I am sure I am doing something wrong.

Could you please clarify? Thanks!

No in ET! :D

On desktop: start->(type)run(and execute this run)->/ping -t jay1.clan-fa.com >pinghc.txt

or Window key+R

Edited by ed_
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum VIP
On 10/6/2018 at 5:00 PM, JaxNL said:

I tried, but I can not find the file on my /C:..
Do I have to play ET in the 2 minutes of monitoring? 

That won't be necessary. If you dont want to install WinMTR you can follow Ed's direction and use the seatch function on your desktop abd search for "cmd", a program will come up called "command prompt". There you will have to enter the command Ed gave you and you will be set. No ET needed

• Like 1

• Leader

If you use ED 's method, then you will find the " pinghc.txt " file in your C:\Users\user_name folder.  You can enter the code  %USERNAME% into the File Explorer address window and it will take you to your user_name folder.  You will find the " pinghc.txt " file there. 

The user_name is whatever you had named your computer. 

DareDevil gets more info from "OR Just winMTR and paste the text here "

Edited by RedBaird

• 3 weeks later...

Connect interrupts can be various things when it comes to Wifi but mostly it would be router related.

/rate 27000 up to 42000 in your etconfig in the mod folder or while in game with /rate then# to find a stable ping

Second would be the Channel interference from other devices on the same Channel in your router's path to your device you can assign your device a specific channel 11-13 would be advised for the highest connection.

Would require knowledge of setting up your router sometimes you can find these settings also in the device manager of the device for the wireless device called Network Adapters.

If your experiencing interrupts after tuning these two things then you have ISP issues or the DNS needs to be reset if you've had previously changed to a new router or had a service maintenance by the ISP .

With command prompt open you can dump the DNS with " ipconfig /flushdns " you can do this while still online it isn't affected if it is connected.

But my money is on the rate you have set with the channel your running your device on check those first.

In rare instances PB has had this problem before with wifi's you can turn it off a little bit with /pb_security 0 default is 1 as for on it just kills the heartbeats 

hope you understand some of it