Essentials for Uni?

kentikins

Going to University in 10 days and I got most of the essentials.

I'm living in a private house with 4 other people so if you're in University or finished, 

What stuff did you wish you bought with you (or any other tips)?

Thanks in advance. 

Living in a dorm/student house you mean? No idea. I skipped that during my university (due to weird decision on whether I'd continue another education).

For university a small tip: if you think partying till the morning hours is a good idea, I really wish you the best by hoping you to crash and burn fast and learn sufficient from it :P

Another related tip: Study hard. Don't procrastinate your homework (even though you're not supposed to call it homework). You're close to literally delaying your entire education.

Exception to both tips: Your education is too easy :P

Edited by rolf

Don't annoy your roomates, study hard...about stuff you should bring, take a microwaves and a pc, that's the most important :)

Living in a dorm/student house you mean? No idea. I skipped that during my university (due to weird decision on whether I'd continue another education).

For university a small tip: if you think partying till the morning hours is a good idea, I really wish you the best by hoping you to crash and burn fast and learn sufficient from it :P

Another related tip: Study hard. Don't procrastinate your homework (even though you're not supposed to call it homework). You're close to literally delaying your entire education.

Exception to both tips: Your education is too easy :P

I'm not at halls, I'm just renting a house with some other students.

Thanks for the advice.

Well I know from experience from having a bro go through the first year, basically enjoy the first year as much as you can because from what my brother said it gets harder the further the years go on and so the 1st year is like your enjoyment year so go out and enjoy yourself with the friends you make.

Just study, party like crazy and dont forget your pc :rolleyes:  but remember NOT to ruin or wreck the rental house!! it will give you a nasty expensive surprise afterwards :cry

Because guess who has to pay for the ruined stuff :eek

Well I know from experience from having a bro go through the first year, basically enjoy the first year as much as you can because from what my brother said it gets harder the further the years go on and so the 1st year is like your enjoyment year so go out and enjoy yourself with the friends you make.

My experience and of many others I know it is the other way round. Once you're in your second or third year, you know how hard it is and will be and only then you know when you're "allowed" to party.

However, that really depends on which education and where. I've seen more than enough people dropping out in/after their 4th year.

@Ken: For a list of normal stuff:

- Bed (and related stuff)

- Desk + chair

- Some drawers. About "amount of clothing drawers" times two should suffice. And -depending on education- expect about 25~50cm a year on books/notes the first years.

All other things can be bought whenever there's time. Like food.

some of it depends on what you are studying. DO NOT waist your first year, hard partying can wait till 3 or 4 year. Have fun your first year, but be responsible and stay out of bad habits. A lot of people get kick out of school their first year because of too much fun. The first year is also important to develop good habits. As for stuff to bring.

-Your computer, of course

-pillow and blankets from home.

-Stuff from your family, pictures etc.

-something to cook easy stuff with, microwave is a great option. But a slow cooker, like a crock pot, works well too. As the meals that you can cook in it can last you for days.

-a few sets (2-3) of dishes and cooking utensils

-headache medicine, ie advil

That is all I can think of off the top of my head.