Is Facebook kinda lame for you too?

Ol Smoke

I was urged by my family and some friends to get on Facebook so we could talk to each other. So, I joined in November 2012.

The finding old friends and touching family members again lasted about a month. I friended some people I knew and saw some

photos. But now, that has come to a halt. None of them send anything anymore, and all I see is a bunch of stupid things that

these people forward and they keep trying to send me farm animals and game stuff.

There is one guy, who is a brother to a kid I went to HS with, that sends nothing but this:

"Well kinda tired tonight...going to bed...you guys stay warm. Peace" Thats it. Every night.

I have sent my grandkids stuff, and commented on their pictures, but I never get anything back.

Is this Facebook, or am I just not plugged into the whole thing?

I think you feel being used.. but its ok . I will send you couple of cows tonight in farmville ...you can spend 2hrs milking them.

• Like 8

Deleted my Facebook, about 8 months ago no regrets, good to keep in contact with all friends and family however, now I am forced to call/write them instead :D

• Like 3

i dislike facebook even tho i check mine daily just because i want to read some story's about people and stalk girls

but my logs always say for farmville request, get sick of it!

Personally find it useful to contact old friends I can't see irl because they aren't in the same uni. Almost as useful as phone.

lol as for me, no facebook stuff. My professor created an account for me forcibly around 5 years ago. never checked that account again from then :D and as for young Indian FB user circle , they always do time wasting troll work or anything that is not constructive. Now I need your help please. Please tell me how to permanently terminate that FB account. Thank you.

No...that's just Facebook. It's a place where people can tell you every time they take a crap.

All it is useless information about people you don't care about enough to call. I have it - I go on about once a week. For about 2 minutes...then I realize how much I hate everyone and have to close it.

facebook = garbage...

i check mine on average once per week cuz i get tagged in a photo or i'm mentioned somewhere

i've got better things to do than to read/write about the things i do, the food i eat or b*** about other people..

i, unlike most of the people on there, have a life.

i am also able to sociallize outside of social media

Just block the darn games like farmville then you don't get any requests anymore.. it's not that hard you know, if you don't block it, then don't complain about it.. I've blocked over 300 apps on facebook

I love facebook :]

If you don't like it.. just like some others who have replied here, then just delete it and don't check it at all

• Like 1

I think most of the people dont use facebook asits supposed to be, its transforming the society inpersonal so we are loosing contact and we have to work on getting more contact with others by other methods

Facebook, everybody likes being a product right?

But, I deleted my facebook (which had no photos of me that I uploaded and some photos on which I got tagged :@) only a month ago...

Last year I needed it for school, this year I didn't so I finally deleted it.

I never saw the use of facebook anyway, I still got a fake facebook account for the occasional thing that uses facebook (promotions, spotify)

Yeah, I know spotify no longer needs a facebook account and I did switch to a spotify account ;)

Well i think facebook is very usefull, i use it to stay in touch with friends and family who live far away. I also use it to share pictures with friends of vacations or things i have done and planning things like trips to the funpark or planning birthdays or meetings, etc. etc. My friends on facebook don't spam the newspage with "Good night" or "I just took a crap", and when they do i just block the person from posting on my own newspage.

I have blocked alot of apps and games, so i get no invitations about that stuff.

So no problems here with facebook, i check it every day :)