Strength and Conditioning

Old Timer

Does anyone do any kind of weight training or conditioning out there? It's been a passion of mine since I was twelve. Even at 51 I stay active in the gym at least four days a week. I'd be interested in hearing about what other people do to stay healthy. 

• Like 3
  • Surprise 1

• Leader

I go to the gym every 2 days. So one week I go 4 times and the other 3. I have to convince myself to calm down since it is a drug for me. I could go everyday and burn myself down.

I do

- 25min treadmill 

-1h+ weight training

- 20 or 30min stationary bike depending of the time I spent in weights

Edited by rambozo37
  • Like 2

@rambozo37 @HZOP That's awesome guys. Love to see others with a passion for living healthy. @CheepHeep Lol, Nothing like a good cheeseburger brother. I think I might go have one right now. Just bought six lbs of ground beef for the week. Time to make some burgers.

• Like 2
  • Surprise 1

@HZOP I had to completely redo my diet years ago when I had cancer. I always ate pretty decent but I still craved my share of sweets and fast food. After chemo though, I completely quit fast food and a lot of sugar stuff. Diet is definitely a hard one to change. My wife and I started a keto diet recently and I'm loving it. I had to adjust my carbs somewhat due to my activity level but my wife loves it. 

• 100 1

• Leader
33 minutes ago, Old Timer said:

@rambozo37 @HZOP That's awesome guys. Love to see others with a passion for living healthy. @CheepHeep Lol, Nothing like a good cheeseburger brother. I think I might go have one right now. Just bought six lbs of ground beef for the week. Time to make some burgers.

36 minutes ago, CheepHeep said:

I eat burgers. Is that classed as weight training? Oh thats gaining :(

man I want a cheeseburger now :punk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Timer said:

@HZOP I had to completely redo my diet years ago when I had cancer. I always ate pretty decent but I still craved my share of sweets and fast food. After chemo though, I completely quit fast food and a lot of sugar stuff. Diet is definitely a hard one to change. My wife and I started a keto diet recently and I'm loving it. I had to adjust my carbs somewhat due to my activity level but my wife loves it. 

Woow thats nice. My girlfriend ate more than me, this is reason why I eat too. But in Monday I start diet, 0 sugar, sometimes fast food. And my body be stronger. :)

• Like 2

Not the conventional conditioning, but I love going to the dojo to spar with whomever is there and get a good workout on a BOB (Body Opponent Bag)

bobdumm.jpg

• Like 4

Oooh boy this is the topic for me. I LOVE lifting. I’m a football player so that’s a lot of what we do throughout the year and offseason. I am doing Speed and Strength camp for the 4th year in a row this summer, and it is great. I’m with the varsity group, so it’s a little more fast paced. I love taking every chance I get to lift. Every single time the weight room is open, I am there.

• Like 2
  • Surprise 1

@Old TimerLifts, a cardio machine and some dumb bells. Not the most varied in terms of conditioning, but at least they are around. Would definitely be interested in your advice! :D