ET Server Suggestion Limited rnades/garand/k43 for engineers

Symfony

• Platinum VIP

Isn't there a way of limiting number of rnades to 1 per team but then increasing it when the number of players increase to lets say, 3 per team, on a full server?

yea, that should be possible, you could even ONLY limit the grenade launcher but not the garand itself if people wanna shoot with that thing despite it having no rnades

• Like 1

There's so much at the background as well, not only the amount of rifles per team and that is mostly the issue when the server is near full capacity. On HC u have 6 medics per team as a limit and if there's 15 players per team, be sure that there will be more than 6 players who would want to play medic at certain point or map and sadly be left with picking something else, mostly they choose either fop or rifle as it's fun weapon and at other side, does quite a bit damage if u are able to play it properly. I honestly don't really see an issue on the 3 rifles per team as it isn't that bad as people here are trying to make it sound like, if u have a bit of gamesense and don't run into every space like a headless chicken, u can easily avoid being hit or dieing plenty of times by it, the biggest problem becomes when unexperienced players shoot rifle into teammates and cause major team damage, with that causing annoyance and arguments over and over again.

The idea that Destiny posted above isn't that bad and my suggestion would be that u could set rifle grandes dependant on players per team, start with 5 players per team and one rifle and continue with each additional 5 players up until max limit of 3, with an option that u can select rifle as a weapon but not have granades unlocked as well, similiar to how ETPro has it. It would focus on more of gameplay, less of spam ability and chaos among team members team bleeding each other, as well as a tad easier route for attacking and defending teams to play for objective. I honestly never found it from attacking perspective that rifles would be too overpowered, u just have to think a bit and play a bit smarter around it, have a favorable position so u wont take full damage from the rifle and u can easily win most of duels with smgs.

On the other side, there's a lot more issues with rest of the weapons and certain maps, considering everyone marks Hardcore as in a hardcore server with pro players, it always makes me laugh so much, cus each time i play there, i see 90% of headless chickens and rest are like casual players, barely seeing anyone who would know how to actually play properly or that happens very rarely. U need to realize that at very end the server is still a public server and coordinated attacks are something that are never going to happen, u will have a group of players working for objective and knowing how to proceed thro each stage of maps and u will have players doing casual pub fragging/roaming around. Public servers will never be perfect from weapon choice, damage and so on, there will always be certain issue with something and not everyone will be happy about it, it is how it is, since forever. Reason there exist competitive side of ETPro where players can play a proper game with the weapons being carefully selected in order to make complete war between both defending and attacking teams.

Maps such as delivery, adlernest, braundorf, optionally as well frostbite, tc_base are mostly close ranged maps with close hallways and majority of map design that it's so easy to use either a rifle or a heavy weapon to completely shut down any of the attacks with merely one or two players doing over and over same things. If u want to have Hardcore stand by its reputation, we should consider limiting entire set of heavy weapons, including rifle granades on these particular maps.

Game flow for instance at delivery and adlernest would be much more efficient if panzer and flamer were taken out of usage, leaving 1 MG per team only and adding only 1 rifle for 10 players per team and 2 rifles above that, to make the actual gameplay better and more focused than having a chaotic new player running at delivery with flamer, killing half of his own team and making allies easily win the map. There were so many cases like that, when a new player or unexperienced one was using either rifle/flamer/panzer and just completely ruined entire set of axis defence as he's not able to play properly nor has the gamesense of how to use effectively those weapons on such small maps as those mentioned before.

I don't want to mix this into current topic since it only concerns rifles, but it's only one of the major issues that HC has with friendly fire on, something that should be worked on to really make HC a level better server for those who wishes a bit more competitive side of ET and not only casual gaming.

• Like 4

So if you wanna reduce damage of engies rifle nades and nothing related to medic packs or even limit heals? Makes sense.

I've seen allies succeed many times in Braundorf with excelent axis engies and good doctors. I don't see the point.

• Like 1

So if you wanna reduce damage of engies rifle nades and nothing related to medic packs or even limit heals? Makes sense.

I've seen allies succeed many times in Braundorf with excelent axis engies and good doctors. I don't see the point.

Why would you want to nerf medics? What's the goal with that?

What I mean with this is there's no point. Unless you're absolute garbage (most people at hc aren't) there's a good chance you're gonna be able to kill most medics. If you can't ever kill a player that's playing as medic you probably won't be able to kill them as another class either and at that point it just comes down to skill. Yes, medics can run away and hide and I understand that that infuriates people, but medics have limited charge for healing and you can chase them.