How to post your screenshot of your xp on forums (by 2 methods)

RendeL

This tutorial will show you how to post your screenshot/picture/video on forums using the forums own upload function and also using www.tinypic.com upload site.

Just follow the steps carefully!

Example: You are filling in an application and last you need to post the ss of your xp.

USING THE FORUMS UPLOAD

STEP 1: You see the "attach files" section below, click the "choose a file" button

post-3043-0-45003500-1522444174_thumb.jpg

There select the location of your ss, select right ss and press "open" button

post-3043-0-35654900-1522444218_thumb.jpg

STEP 2: When the upload is finished, click the "attach this file" button

post-3043-0-60006000-1522444261.jpg

STEP 3: Select the attachment by clicking the "add to post" link

post-3043-0-60006000-1522444261.jpg

STEP 4: Now you are done after triple checking your application, so you can now click the "post new topic" button  :)

post-3043-0-33987000-1522444334.jpg

NOTE: If you for some reason need to post the ss later, you need to click the "more replay options" button and follow then the steps 1-4 from above to do it

post-3043-0-67939200-1522444364.jpg

USING THE UPLOAD SITE 

STEP 1: Go to www.tinypic.com (no registration needed) and choose a picture to upload, you can rezise it and then just upload it. Solve the captcha and wait for the upload to finish.

post-3043-0-73268100-1522444414.jpg

STEP 2: Copy the IMG code link

post-3043-0-94269700-1522444443.jpg

STEP 3: Paste the link to forums and press "add reply". Done!

post-3043-0-21239800-1522444468.jpg

Edited by Fearless News
  • Like 3

Nice work!
A few things I'd suggest. The first is to walk through the steps required in ET to get a screenshot (Press TAB, Press F11, navigate to ET folder, etc). Second thing would be to show users how to use our basic uploader- we don't use it much anymore, but this will probably become more relevant as flash gets phased out and blocked by browsers.

I'm not thrilled with TinyPic, or their host company Photobucket. Disabling third party hosting to use tracking cookies to sell data? Grr. It works though, and nobody's fault. Imgur is slightly better- they use tracking cookies now too, but they at least still allow for third party hosting. Best bet is to upload directly to the forums.
546259-photobucket-3rd-party-hosting-bro

Edited by Xernicus
  • Like 1

so i would like to add this ..

ive noticed in passed  f11 u think u got a screenie but nope no folder.. nothing saved ha... addd correct folder to correct mod first? or u start recording to find out f12 doesnt work to stop.. then u need to know correct command line to   make it stop.

sorry just noticed this wasnt in here.lol

• Like 1

Nice work!

A few things I'd suggest. The first is to walk through the steps required in ET to get a screenshot (Press TAB, Press F11, navigate to ET folder, etc). Second thing would be to show users how to use our basic uploader- we don't use it much anymore, but this will probably become more relevant as flash gets phased out and blocked by browsers.

I'm not thrilled with TinyPic, or their host company Photobucket. Disabling third party hosting to use tracking cookies to sell data? Grr. It works though, and nobody's fault. Imgur is slightly better- they use tracking cookies now too, but they at least still allow for third party hosting. Best bet is to upload directly to the forums.

546259-photobucket-3rd-party-hosting-bro

Damn you're right, there wasn't the standard way tutorial for ss...Will do this when I have more time.

I use the basic uploader and this tutorial is with using it. Maybe you meant the advanced uploader? 

Anyways thought also to show how to upload with that too, but the basic version should work on most common browsers just fine.

• Like 2

so i would like to add this ..

ive noticed in passed  f11 u think u got a screenie but nope no folder.. nothing saved ha... addd correct folder to correct mod first? or u start recording to find out f12 doesnt work to stop.. then u need to know correct command line to   make it stop.

sorry just noticed this wasnt in here.lol

Yeah I've heard some have issues with ss. Cant tell as I dont recall never having any issues. And just to avoid such thing, I have added a echo with a bind for ss and also for demo. If the echo wont appear, something is wrong :)

bind F11 "autoscreenshot; echo ^1Screenshot^7!"

//DEMO SCRIPT//

bind F12 "vstr demor"

set demoon "autorecord; echo ^1Recording ^pDemo; set demor vstr demooff"
set demooff "stoprecord; echo ^1Stopped ^pRecording; set demor vstr demoon"
set demor "vstr demoon"
  • Like 1