BMW or Volvo ?

karopl

I am biased towards Volvo. Looking at those two SUVs, I've always had the opinion that the BMW look fats, while the Volvo looks lean and mean.

Edited by ajnl

if it is a used one and a couple of years old, go with the BMW

if it is a new model 2016+ be careful with BMW, they are having quality issues.

• Like 1

Here is how I decide.  Go to a blue book used car value website.  Look up the same car (or very similar) from 2012 for each vehicle.  Figure out the cash value price for each car.

Let's say the 2012 Volvo was $50,000 new.  The BMW was $60,000 new.  Now look up the actual cash value of what each of those cars are worth now. 

Figure out the loss on each car.  Let's say the Volvo is worth $25,000  and the BMW is worth $38,000.  Then that shows you which car to buy.  The BMW holds it's resale better,

and therefore you don't lose as much money.

If it were me,  I would save $20,000 right now and buy a Subaru.  Subaru and Volvo share the complete drive train system.  They are the best cars for AWD.  Subaru holds it's

resale better than either of the other 2 cars.

This is why bankers and money investors all buy Mercedes-Benz.  A 5 year old MB is still worth 70% of it's full retail.

Edited by The Smoke
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

thanks all for answer. 

right now my car is Volvo s60 polestar ( yeah i like fast cars) but I need something bigger. I love volvo but im a little bit bored that every model looks same inside. 

I think  I will try BMW now, of course I will post it here:) 3.0 with 4x4 and chip tuning that whould be amazing :)

BTW I used to have Subaru, but it cost me a lot to repair it all the time :(

agian, thanks all for help :) 

• Like 2

thanks all for answer. 

right now my car is Volvo s60 polestar ( yeah i like fast cars) but I need something bigger. I love volvo but im a little bit bored that every model looks same inside. 

I think  I will try BMW now, of course I will post it here:) 3.0 with 4x4 and chip tuning that whould be amazing :)

BTW I used to have Subaru, but it cost me a lot to repair it all the time :(

agian, thanks all for help :)

Subaru <3

I, am a little bit afraid  for the  bmw vanos system 

I have a m6  bmw  and after 60.000 km   the vanos have to be repair   its a problem  by bmw  and its cost a lot of money

bmw is good  , but the only thing  I see is that the prices go up  for the old e30 m  cars  its not normal   so I   have a few m bmws   also in the garage  more for collection  than drive