How To make Binds Chat - Sound - ShortCuts - Enemy Territory

-=Medic=-

• 1 month later...

here you go:

autoexec.cfg

PS: Alexandra do me a favor update your vista and install service pack 2

Thx =D <3

I got a question lol, how do i write binded keys in it? like the /bind h vsay HI ^3H^zello ones? and will it have those binded keys in all servers then?

And where do I need to put the file? in etmain? and do I need to delete the etconfig file then?

I'm such an ET noob :]

And idnno where to update that lol, i like the one i have now so not sure why i shud update:D

Thx =D <3

I got a question lol, how do i write binded keys in it? like the /bind h vsay HI ^3H^zello ones? and will it have those binded keys in all servers then?

And where do I need to put the file? in etmain? and do I need to delete the etconfig file then?

Put the file on etmain folder.

for binds read this tutorials http://fearless-assassins.com/tutorials/article/73-how-to-make-binds-chat-sound-shortcuts/

then after writing some binds just copy them in your autoexec at the bottom, save, once you are on server hit F10 and you are done

if you still need help to create some!! you can ask here http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/8310-wet-how-to-make-binds-chat-sound-shortcuts/

Put the file on etmain folder.

for binds read this tutorials http://fearless-assassins.com/tutorials/article/73-how-to-make-binds-chat-sound-shortcuts/

then after writing some binds just copy them in your autoexec at the bottom, save, once you are on server hit F10 and you are done

if you still need help to create some!! you can ask here http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/8310-wet-how-to-make-binds-chat-sound-shortcuts/

2yjseqe.png

like that? and not a "/"infront of bind? I just wanna be sure :D

like that? and not a "/"infront of bind? I just wanna be sure :D

perfect like that no need for / when you use bind on config file

but one thing don't forget to use quotes before command and at the end of line

yours:

bind H vsay Hi ^3H^zellooooo ^7!!!

correct form:

bind H "vsay Hi ^3H^zellooooo ^7!!!"

yours:

correct form:

Ok thanks! time to write all my binds in there :) I had to write them all in console be4 lol, after 2 days they were gone in jay1 and jay2 lmao *cries*

yours:

correct form:

2ylv9tu.png

is that right? i pressed f10 on the servers but bindings aint working=/ rest is though

Try this autoexec.cfg

when you are on server type on console \exec autoexec.cfg

after that you can use your binds or reload config with F10

34fn0hf.png

=/ and binds still don't work

EDIT: maybe i need to try the other one and then do \exec autoexec.cfg?

EDIT again: I tried it, said it couldn't do that again lol

Instead of putting "unbind [key]" before each bind, just put "unbindall" at the beginning of your config. Also, you don't have to add .cfg when you execute your config. Just type "/exec autoexec".

In your screenshot, you misspelled the name.. you put "autoxec" instead of "autoexec". Your config doesn't have to be named "autoexec", btw. I would rename it to something easier for you to type and to remember, like "alexandra".

Instead of putting "unbind [key]" before each bind, just put "unbindall" at the beginning of your config. Also, you don't have to add .cfg when you execute your config. Just type "/exec autoexec".

In your screenshot, you misspelled the name.. you put "autoxec" instead of "autoexec". Your config doesn't have to be named "autoexec", btw. I would rename it to something easier for you to type and to remember, like "alexandra".

i use the name my.cfg since it short and its descriptive enough about what it is.