What about Punk?

Secret

If you want to take it back to pre-punk, I'll jump in. I still say all of this is just garage rock. The Ramones made the first punk record if you ask me. They took elements from the guys below and sped it all up. 

Also, Richard Hell basically told every punk how to dress. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP3x-VdOb44

• Like 3

a local band i managed to see a couple of times, RIP Frankie Venom

although his career went more mainstream shit-pop later, he started as punk

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

OKAY, SINCE SUM 41 IS A PUNKROCK BAND, THEY DESERVE TO BE IN THIS TOPIC AS WELL.

Anyways, I saw them Sunday night and it was a-ma-zing! They were playing at the small venue called Melkweg (translated: Milky Way) in Amsterdam.

I like it when bands play at smaller venues, because you can stand way closer to the artists and I guess it's more intimate? They can interact with the crowd much better.

The people were sooo nice, when someone needed some space, people were going out of the way for them and if they fell, they helped each other getting up. They also shared water bottles with people who needed it. I actually had a short conversation with a guy in Sum 41 merch behind me but I was too awkward to keep the conversation going lol.

I was standing front row, a bit between Deryck and Dave, I got crushed a lot but that doesn't matter because the show was insane! (: I almost caught a plectrum but some taller dudes behind me got them. Too bad.
I am so glad that I got the chance to see them, I never expected that. Deryck looked so healthy  and energetic and he totally killed it on stage. His voice sounds much better now, I'm glad he can perform again.
Dave smiled so much while playing, you could really see making music with his band makes him sooo happy! He is such a ray of sunshine, his smile lights up the entire room omg. He also interacted a lot with the fans, just as Deryck. I could almost touch them if there wasn't a security guy between us.
Cone looked incredible and his bass lines were rad. Sometimes he would go to Dave's side of the stage to interact with the fans there and it's amazing.

Unfortunately they weren't performing with their official drummer, but Frank also did an incredible job. ASLGKNBGF it was so good.

I love it when bands let the crowd sing some parts. Asdfkjh it's so awesum.

*These videos are not mine*

I'm still not over the fact that I saw them. It was so f***ing insane. Damn, they are so good live and I wish I could turn back time to see them again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...