Teamspeak3 versus xfire2

Scortch

Hey folks, I play on jay2 most of the time, and jay1 for the rest of it. I type real slow and so I don't communicate much while I play. I want to change that. I also want to make myself more available to the server admins and clan members who might have questions or suggestions for me. I don't think my typing is going to improve anytime soon, so the voice chat seems like my best option. That means I need to learn how to integrate either TS3 or xfire into my game.  I'll need to learn what the shortcut keys and settings for these programs are and I will need to remember to use them. In an effort to expedite that I though I would ask your opinions about the two programs. Do I need both? Which one is the better of the two?  Which one is easier or more convenient to use? Any info would be appreciated.

For voice chat, TeamSpeak is the way to go. You can set up your own hotkey for push to talk, or have your mic on all the time... you can also set it up so it turns on when you talk. Not to mention that with TeamSpeak you're in a room, but when you're xfire, you're only talking with one person via voice chat.

• Like 1

TS3 would most definitely be the better option if you plan on using your voice. You can talk with multiple people instead of, like mentioned above, with one person. I generally don't use TS whilst playing ET because it f**ks up my FPS. GL and i like your determination and eagerness to improve and help :)

• Like 1