Temp banned on Abnerdog

Moxie_01

Never changed my name. Don't think i was kicked by a fa member. There was no reason, just said i have been kicked.

My dad just started playing on the server today on a different computer with a different account. We never ran into this before.

If both of the computer are on the same router, than you have the same IP address and if the PB is on the server you can not play at the same time. Thats my humble opinion.

• Like 1

Moxie, it mighta been Punkbuster that kicked you also. Goto evenbalance.com and follow the instructions for a manual update, and that won't happen.

I have updated both computers punkbusters and it is still kicking one of us. It is kicking whoever came onto the server second. Any other Ideas?

Edit: Just updated again using the pbsetup on both comps. After the ban is up I will see if that fixes it. Hipple mentioned to me that is was due to "too many name changes". Is that punkbuster or the server?

Edited by Moxie_01

I have updated both computers punkbusters and it is still kicking one of us. It is kicking whoever came onto the server second. Any other Ideas?

Edit: Just updated again using the pbsetup on both comps. After the ban is up I will see if that fixes it. Hipple mentioned to me that is was due to "too many name changes". Is that punkbuster or the server?

Too many name changes is from a setting we have to help take care of people who use name-change scripts and hacks that make it a pain in the ass to kick/ban them, I think it's set to 3 name changes before it kicks you, I would suggest picking a name and sticking with it if that is what keeps happening, or if you absolutely have to change your name a 4th time, disconnect and change it :\

It kicks whoever comes to server seconds cos it might be showing key in use ..

I just re-read his second reply and realized what he meant....

picard-facepalm.jpg?1240934151

yeah, you can't play at the same time without two separate game keys, it's going to have to be one at a time unless your dad buys a copy of the game or a new CD key for the other computer :\

*shameless plug*

or he could enter the Fearless-Assassins Raffle for a chance to win a copy of the game....

Edited by GI-JOE
  • Like 1

Steam had COD4 on sale during either it's BlackFriday or current Holiday sales recently too ... was like only $3 or something stupid cheap, like 75-80% off normal price.

Keep an eye out for STEAM SALES also Moxie, as yeah it sounds like the issue is 2 of you using the same Game KEY CODE, which isn't allowed.

Edited by LA_Kings_Fan

Ah ok. Because I know that we never had this problem a few years ago, though maybe the game was updated and now doesn't allow it.

Alrighty guys, thanks for the help! I'll persuade him for that raffle!

If both of the computer are on the same router, than you have the same IP address and if the PB is on the server you can not play at the same time. Thats my humble opinion.

what he said