RAM: 4gb ram (400mb used by OS)

Motherboard: Not sure :P

Hard drive (IDE, PATA, SATA, etc): Sata

Graphics card: AMD HD 6450

Wifi: Yes, only 15 feet away.

Your location (country): USA

ET Version: 2.6

Router Name (If you use any):

Which anti virus and firewall you use: Avast, has game mode.

I just ravaged what I could if you need anymore information i will provide it. Also It's not my computer because i played it fine for the first 2 months, but upon trying to fix my etkey, and re-downloading wolfenstein it's never been the same. I've tried 4 different copies from different places (including here) and i get these random spikes during lag. I don't lag when its pvp shooting but just random few second freezes, and pauses.

2164379698.png

First here is a random problem i have no idea what's going on, I play on jay4 and though i was supposed to have double pistols w/ heavy weapon class, or thompson, etc?

11smng3.jpg

It says 1.3ghz but on a clock it goes from 1.3-2.0 ghz depending on what's running.

2lc8we9.png

The random screen freeze i get during the game (1-5seconds)

zvde79.jpg

Random lag spike (1 second screen freeze) after killing a bot.

2aihro0.jpg

Even when jumping into a match not in warmup its bad lag for around 30 seconds

214nrtl.jpg

I get this on every map! don't know it if's normal or not but on the beginning of every map its so laggy then smoother out throughout the game. Even the narrator guy will be like (fight, fight, fight, fight) ? :(

210bo6f.jpg

Lag When planting mines, screen freezes for like a second after. I also get a random lag "Jump" like this when plating other things, and a random big 1-3 second jump (freeze) at random times.

a0z90o.jpg

1. Gun problem happens to me and i think to all of us its some random game bug. Fix? i do this go to limbo menu change secondary weapon to 1 pistol press ok. Go to limbo menu again change secondary weapon 2 pistol press ok and next time i spawn i got akimbos.

2. for lag i hade similar problem as you how i fixed was this. /pb_sleep 500;pb_writecfg

1. Gun problem happens to me and i think to all of us its some random game bug. Fix? i do this go to limbo menu change secondary weapon to 1 pistol press ok. Go to limbo menu again change secondary weapon 2 pistol press ok and next time i spawn i got akimbos.

2. for lag i hade similar problem as you how i fixed was this. /pb_sleep 500;pb_writecfg

Will let you know how it works, be right back.

Please submit your WinMT results see here http://fearless-assa...gnize-your-lag/ this will help identify any network issues between you and the server. Ping the server you are having issues with. You can find the list of our servers here http://fearless-assa...ry-servers.html

Edited by Novice

I know Avast has a real problem with background lag, in game or not. This is why I switched to Avira. Runs low CPU usage. 1.3ghz is pretty low, (you must be running laptop?) also your wifi connection could be problem as well. Run the WinMTR as Novice posted and we can see better where your lag might be.

If you can, try connecting hardline from your modem, also there are a few tutorials (which I am too lazy atm to find for you) that show how to increase wifi performance if direct connection is not able for you. During gameplay, as dare has stated, disable your antivirus. This may help a little. Also make sure that your rate is set properly, as well as cl_maxpackets 100 (based off of winmtr packet loss will be determined.)

One last thing, make sure that the ports for ET as well as PB are open. I have found that Win7 likes to block too much stuff. Also run the game in admin mode and also in capability mode for, I believe its windows xp? Correct me if I am wrong.

Lag is one hard thing to determine, but the basic steps are the same. As dare has stated a lot of lag issues come directly from ISP and again Winmtr will show if that is true or not.

:D

• Clan Friend

post your etconfig here, I could suggest you some cvar changes to make it run a bit faster (if it's possible) your cpu is a bit slow, so there isn't much you can do.

I think the first problem you have is low fps, getting a higher fps value could make your gaming experience a bit smoother

Okay gun problem fixed, and your solution helped it play smoother.

Please submit your WinMT results see here http://fearless-assa...gnize-your-lag/ this will help identify any network issues between you and the server. Ping the server you are having issues with. You can find the list of our servers here http://fearless-assa...ry-servers.html

I was trying to do this, i put in the server from the server list. My server is the Jay4 server so i copied it from the list you gave and it gave no response.

I know Avast has a real problem with background lag, in game or not. This is why I switched to Avira. Runs low CPU usage. 1.3ghz is pretty low, (you must be running laptop?) also your wifi connection could be problem as well. Run the WinMTR as Novice posted and we can see better where your lag might be.

If you can, try connecting hardline from your modem, also there are a few tutorials (which I am too lazy atm to find for you) that show how to increase wifi performance if direct connection is not able for you. During gameplay, as dare has stated, disable your antivirus. This may help a little. Also make sure that your rate is set properly, as well as cl_maxpackets 100 (based off of winmtr packet loss will be determined.)

One last thing, make sure that the ports for ET as well as PB are open. I have found that Win7 likes to block too much stuff. Also run the game in admin mode and also in capability mode for, I believe its windows xp? Correct me if I am wrong.

Lag is one hard thing to determine, but the basic steps are the same. As dare has stated a lot of lag issues come directly from ISP and again Winmtr will show if that is true or not.

:D

Well winmtr is not working for me for some reason, and also avast has a gaming mode now, it barely uses anything for me.

from what I can see on the screenshot he use win7 Ultimate sp1..

Indeed.

• Leader

Light, is your "Windows Experience" 3.4? I can't quite read it. If so, it seems low. I am getting 3.5 on this 4-year-old core2-duo next-to-bottom-end laptop, which I have set for "performance".

On Yellow's suggestion: "2. for lag i hade similar problem as you how i fixed was this. /pb_sleep 500;pb_writecfg", I have noticed that some of my cvars get reset to default sometimes, like my pb_sleep returned to default from 500, my f12 key got unset from 'record demo', and a few others, especially Jaymods. I like to blame PB, but I don't really know why.

Light, is your "Windows Experience" 3.4? I can't quite read it. If so, it seems low. I am getting 3.5 on this 4-year-old core2-duo next-to-bottom-end laptop, which I have set for "performance".

On Yellow's suggestion: "2. for lag i hade similar problem as you how i fixed was this. /pb_sleep 500;pb_writecfg", I have noticed that some of my cvars get reset to default sometimes, like my pb_sleep returned to default from 500, my f12 key got unset from 'record demo', and a few others, especially Jaymods. I like to blame PB, but I don't really know why.

it is 3.4, but after running a new test its 5.3. That's with cpu on 2.0ghz with turbo mode. 3.4 is not really the real score. Its just with my cpu running low for videos, not gaming.

I was trying to do this, i put in the server from the server list. My server is the Jay4 server so i copied it from the list you gave and it gave no response.

Odd, it should be as simple as putting jay4.clan-fa.com in the host field and hitting start, after about 1min just hit Export TEXT, maybe try running it as admin. Either way it seems the issue is fixed or gotten better? Let us know.

Edited by Novice

Odd, it should be as simple as putting jay4.clan-fa.com in the host field and hitting start, after about 1min just hit Export TEXT, maybe try running it as admin. Either way it seems the issue is fixed or gotten better? Let us know.

It's still not fixed i still get lag when plating mines, etc. However my overall shooting gameplay has been improved with the sleep command.

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| WinMTR statistics |

| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |

|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|

| 192.168.1.1 - 0 | 30 | 30 | 1 | 2 | 23 | 2 |

| 10.98.0.1 - 4 | 26 | 25 | 8 | 14 | 57 | 18 |

| 192.168.24.77 - 4 | 26 | 25 | 10 | 15 | 46 | 15 |

| 192.168.100.189 - 10 | 22 | 20 | 16 | 21 | 51 | 16 |

| xe-4-1-0.bar1.Houston1.Level3.net - 10 | 22 | 20 | 21 | 28 | 54 | 27 |

| ae-13-13.ebr1.Dallas1.Level3.net - 4 | 26 | 25 | 29 | 34 | 54 | 33 |

| ae-81-81.csw3.Dallas1.Level3.net - 4 | 26 | 25 | 27 | 37 | 57 | 32 |

| ae-33-80.car3.Dallas1.Level3.net - 17 | 18 | 15 | 26 | 30 | 36 | 31 |

| COGENT-COMM.car3.Dallas1.Level3.net - 29 | 14 | 10 | 0 | 28 | 31 | 28 |

|te0-0-0-4.ccr21.dfw01.atlas.cogentco.com - 4 | 26 | 25 | 28 | 34 | 55 | 33 |

|te0-3-0-6.mpd21.mci01.atlas.cogentco.com - 10 | 22 | 20 | 37 | 40 | 53 | 37 |

|te0-4-0-3.mpd21.ord01.atlas.cogentco.com - 17 | 18 | 15 | 52 | 55 | 75 | 56 |

|te0-4-0-6.ccr21.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com - 84 | 6 | 1 | 142 | 142 | 142 | 142 |

| No response from host - 100 | 5 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |

|te0-1-0-0.ccr21.par01.atlas.cogentco.com - 84 | 6 | 1 | 144 | 144 | 144 | 144 |

| te2-1.ccr01.sxb03.atlas.cogentco.com - 84 | 6 | 1 | 150 | 150 | 150 | 150 |

|static-ip-62-75-135-101.inaddr.ip-pool.com - 84 | 6 | 1 | 151 | 151 | 151 | 151 |

| gamma.dev6.org - 84 | 6 | 1 | 149 | 149 | 149 | 149 |

|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|

WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider