My new rig! finally!!!!!!!!!

=Death Hunter=

Oh I been playing around with this refurbished POS laptop that I am lucky even runs ET... finally got my acttogether.

Intel i5-3570K 3.40 ghz Intel smart cache

8gb (4gb x 2) DDR/1600 MHz dual channel

Gigabyte z77-ds3h Intel z77 chip set DDR at main board

Nvidia geforce gtx 660 ti 2gb

800 watt power supply

With asetek liquad cooling system 120 mm radiator and fan. With 2 120 mm push pull fans

What do you guys think???

Well, that's a solid setup (not sure about the gigabyte mobo, but that's me 'hating' on gigabyte due to some really bad experiences with it)

Just some detail questions :P :

- why 8gig ram and not 16, both are overkill but with ddr 4 coming next year/ 2 year the price will raise for ddr3. So it might be cheaper to go with 16 gig => very small remark, just me wondering. Not to worry about + which brand to be complete :P.

- Which brand of graphics (not nVidia I know that, but msi, asus, evga,...) and which gpu to be precise. The 660 ti is a solid choice, but between the different brands still are 'huge' differences.

- Which brand of psu (800 watt is overkill anyway for non sli setups). This one is important, because you can't trust b-brand psu (think I stated that often already :P).

So short said: which brands XD

And about those closed circuit liquid cooling systems. Well, they aren't worth the money performance wise. Easy to install though. But there are air cooled system which beat those systems.

Edited by DrJoske

Well, that's a solid setup (not sure about the gigabyte mobo, but that's me 'hating' on gigabyte due to some really bad experiences with it)

Just some detail questions :P :

- why 8gig ram and not 16, both are overkill but with ddr 4 coming next year/ 2 year the price will raise for ddr3. So it might be cheaper to go with 16 gig => very small remark, just me wondering. Not to worry about + which brand to be complete :P.

- Which brand of graphics (not nVidia I know that, but msi, asus, evga,...) and which gpu to be precise. The 660 ti is a solid choice, but between the different brands still are 'huge' differences.

- Which brand of psu (800 watt is overkill anyway for non sli setups). This one is important, because you can't trust b-brand psu (think I stated that often already :P).

So short said: which brands XD

And about those closed circuit liquid cooling systems. Well, they aren't worth the money performance wise. Easy to install though. But there are air cooled system which beat those systems.

Well I was told that the ram was gonna be overkill enough so I took a setup they had and modified it. Took away i7 replaced with i5. Upgraded to nvidia 660 from 650 I believe it was. And added Microsoft office student.

I'm really no computer genius. I don't know much about them

Good navigator but when it comes to knowledge about the PC. I'm brain dead. So I tried to take in many different considerations. I added the liquad cooling as well as 2 push pull fans just to be safe.

You asked which brand video was my receipt says its nvidia geforce gtx 660??? Well... now that I look it says major brand powered by nvidia.

Also the RAM is Kingston hyper X