Blizzard got a big problem...

MagOo

So, alot of Diablo3 players got theyr account ``hacked``. All items removed, beginning at normal first quest for every character, all stash (except gems) wiped out, and of course, all gear and cash removed. A rumor goes that it was a easy command in Diablo3 files to steal wich did that.

Imma try to get more info and get you back on that.

(My brother got all character wiped of gear , quest/difficulty and cash)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149619846

Edited by MagOo

Decided not to pick the game up after seeing the Beta's server issues. Another reason why DRM is garbage, should have made an offline mode. As for these hacks, Blizzard has claims its not on their end and all they give is a "sorry."

You'd think with all the money they made off World of Warcraft they would offer a past game for free due to these stupid issues.

• Like 2

One of the best games in history ruined because some think that DRM is good and necessary. Its the best game in world and it sells anyways, why an earth the always DRM was necessary?:o Didn´t buy it only because couldnt buy it from gamefly where I´ve bought most of games and there are now only bad news. I wait till the prize drops and issues are fixed or "playable version is released". Not interested at all in auction house etc. So why do I have to bother to create yet another account? So some company can spam my mail and leach for my money with "extras". At least with Bioware you get pre-order bonuses with the created account.

I miss the good old days when you could just buy a CD\DVD, insert CDKEY(which I think is redundant because good games are bought anyways) and start to play.

The same sort of stuff come out for every major online game. I remember when WoW was launched. There was a whole bunch of bugs, and the servers were full. But eventually in a 2-3 weeks the servers will be more stable, the errors have help instructions for them, and the game will be more playable. Those first weeks are frustrating though. No, the only real problem i think Blizzard has is where is it going to spend and put the bucketloads of money being handed to the company from this sell-out game.

Honestly the ONLY reason I am playing Diablo3 is because I got it for free when I got the years subscription as a X-mas present. I am a huge Diablo fan but this game was nothing but disappointment from the start. Errors that they were having in beta that were never fixed? Really? Then the getting hacked. I am a WoW player I am used to getting hacked even when you never go to phising sites or enter your pass anywhere but to claim its not their fault? Also wasnt one of the reasons they stated for no offline play that they didnt want people to get hacked? I call bull.

Honestly the ONLY reason I am playing Diablo3 is because I got it for free when I got the years subscription as a X-mas present. I am a huge Diablo fan but this game was nothing but disappointment from the start. Errors that they were having in beta that were never fixed? Really? Then the getting hacked. I am a WoW player I am used to getting hacked even when you never go to phising sites or enter your pass anywhere but to claim its not their fault? Also wasnt one of the reasons they stated for no offline play that they didnt want people to get hacked? I call bull.

My wow account has never been hacked. Obviously someone is doing something wrong if they did get hacked. Just saying.

My wow account has never been hacked. Obviously someone is doing something wrong if they did get hacked. Just saying.

Perhaps Blizzard relaxed their firewall a bit after so many people complained about the lag

Perhaps Blizzard relaxed their firewall a bit after so many people complained about the lag

I've only had problems with lag when my vpn was on and I was watching Netflix while playing. Besides that, it runs very smooth.

But that definitely could be the case. None of my stuff is gone, so pretty happy I didn't get hacked.

Nah, I've never gone to phishing sites or opened emails from anyone saying they are blizzard. Once I got the authenticator it hasn't happened once but I can assure you I never did anything to get hacked. They went in through my email first and saw I had WoW acc and went from there. Not everyone deserves to get hacked or did something wrong. So obviously you have just been lucky.

or the fact that I have long passwords that I change regularly. And multiple email accounts. All those fake blizzard emails are sent to one of my fake accounts, its funny.

Same. I have an email for just Blizzard and a password I changed every week or so. I still do but not as often cause someone guessing the randomly generated number is a bit tricky but after getting hacked I take every precaution available. However it wasnt a total loss, they farmed on my account and I got to keep the over 10k gold they made haha.

haha interesting. That is weird though, how the heck did they get in if your constantly changing your password?

They contacted Blizz and told them that I was the one who had hacked the account and they managed to convince them. They changed all the account info then linked their email to mine so when I got the conformation email from Blizz they intercepted the email so I changed email pass about 4 times and unlinked the emails when I found it and then changed my email to a private one that is onnly used for WoW.